Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Application for the Wizards and UCSB CBB

dudesteve

1. What is your username? dudesteve
  2. We use discord often for quick communications and for streaming games to our community. Using discord is optional, though we suggest it because it's a great way to connect with others and to watch games. For those applicable, what is your Discord username? dudesteve
  3. League you are applying for (SimNFL, SimNBA) SimNBA and SimCBB
  4. Which team do you want to apply for?  (If NFL or NBA, please specify the role.) Washington Wizards (Owner), UCSB
  5. SimNFL and SimNBA are leagues that require a higher level of activity due to the number of features readily available. From the pre-season, regular season, post season, extension period, free agency, and the draft, there is always something going on. If applying for ownership, will you be able to fully commit to running your team, building out your franchise however you wish and remain active to the best of your abilities? Yes I will.
  6. How did you find out or hear about SFA? GMGames Discord
  7. Do you know anybody from SFA? List their usernames if applicable. Probably, but no one I can name off the top.
  8. Tell us a little about yourselves to serve as a short introduction to the community. Been playing sim games my whole life, all the way back to simming seasons in Madden 2002. I'm 26 years old and a DC sports fan. UCSB is my alma mater.
  • Like 1

Welcome to SimFBA @dudesteve!

Approved for Wizards and UC Santa Barbara! Both leagues are currently active but there's still plenty of time to strategize and build both of your teams. You may need to get used to @subsequent being in the same conference as you for college basketball - he's currently the coach for UC Irvine.

The next step is to request for both teams on the interface. Navigate to this link to our Interface and register there. This is the web app that we use to manage our leagues and keep track of the season.

Once you've registered, click the "Request Team" button on the nav bar and request both your teams under "CBB Team" and "NBA Team".

For familiarizing yourself with the basketball sims, I recommend reading this google doc which I use as an instructions & reference guide. This will covers everything from player ratings, strategizing, recruiting, free agency, and the draft.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me either here on the forums or ask away in the #mentor-help channel on discord. The community is very happy to talk strategy and helping out with getting you up to speed. :)