Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2025] Meet the Croots: QB Zachary Link from Florence, AL

Mars Hill's Hanson in tune with Tide, just not in song | Alabama Sports |  timesdaily.com

The referee looking in awe as Zachary Link throws yet ANOTHER touchdown

If you go anywhere in Florence, Alabama, you'll see billboards and signs of famed SimNFL Quarterback Dekoda Link. Dekoda, a famed 5-star Quarterback who often returns to his hometown for 4th of July celebrations and family reunions. At the summer 2024 Link Family reunion, the talk of the party wasn't revolved around Dekoda's Panthers or Crimson Tide football. No, all eyes turned to his younger cousin, Zachary - the now high school senior QB for Mars Hill Bible's varsity football team who's beaten a couple of his older cousin's individual high school records.

Zachary during his junior year of high school threw for over 60 passing touchdowns, including 9 thrown during Mars Hill Bible's homecoming game in late October. The Quarterback kept defenses in check with audibles and with pin-point accuracy to his wide receiver targets such as then-sophomore standout Rodd Howling. Mars Hill Bible marched onto the state tournament and won the state 6A championship. The school has elevated from 1A to 6A following Dekoda Link's career at the school; and Zachary has thrived in it.

The rise of Zachary Link is no surprise especially to those in his family. Zachary often made trips to Corvalis, Oregon to watch his older cousin play - and to Charlotte to watch the Panthers. In the summer during high school, Link often attended the summery football camps that Dekoda would help run along with other Panthers players to help the local Charlotte community and to teach the fundamentals to the next generation of SimFBA players. Through dedications at summer practice and watching his older cousin, Zachary has honed on the fundamentals of the quarterback position and has excelled as a starter for Mars Hill Bible.

Heading into his senior year, Zachary has already been visited by several college scouts and fans are curious on the player's decision for college. 

"Obviously I want to go somewhere where I can start; but deep down, I have no preference. My cousin Dekoda always told me to go where they care about you. For him, it was Oregon State. For me, I'm not quite sure yet. As long as that school cares about the game and there are fans in the stands on Saturday then that's all that matters. Because I want to give them a show. Well, except Auburn of course."

Zachary Link has reportedly been in discussions with Oregon State, due to his older cousin's legacy there. In addition, schools such as Iowa, Michigan State, Mississippi State, San Diego State, Oregon, Vanderbilt, and Wisconsin have also reportedly shown interest in the highly touted quarterback.

• Like 3