Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2025} Meet the Croots: RB Michael Antonelli from Atlanta, GA

The city of Atlanta, Georgia, has a long history of producing football talent, but few athletes have captured the attention of college scouts quite like Michael Antonelli. A 6-foot-3, 221-pound powerhouse, Antonelli is a five-star running back from Pace Academy who seems destined for stardom. But while the stats on paper are impressive—his 4.45 40-yard dash, his bruising runs through would-be tacklers, and his highlight-reel breakaways—it’s the man behind the numbers that makes Antonelli a truly special recruit.

A Family of Grit and Determination

Born and raised in Atlanta, Michael Antonelli's story is one rooted in resilience. His father, Vince Antonelli, was a standout linebacker at Georgia Tech in the late '90s. His college career was cut short by injuries, but he left the game with lessons he passed down to his son. "My dad always told me that talent will get you noticed, but heart will take you where talent can’t," Michael says. “That’s stuck with me my whole life.”

Growing up, Michael split his time between football, academics, and helping his mom, Rebecca, run the family’s small Italian restaurant in downtown Atlanta. It was in that kitchen where Michael learned the importance of teamwork and perseverance. "Cooking, like football, is all about preparation and effort," he laughs. "My mom’s a genius in the kitchen, and my dad taught me everything about the grind. It's a mix that keeps me grounded."

But for all the inspiration from his parents, Antonelli has always been his own man on the field. His size and athleticism set him apart from an early age, yet it wasn’t until his sophomore year that he fully realized his potential.

The Turning Point

In his freshman season at Pace Academy, Michael was a promising player, but he was raw. The team’s coaches debated where he fit best—some saw him as a linebacker like his dad, while others thought he might develop into a tight end. But a stroke of luck (or fate) happened during a key game that would change his football journey forever.

During a Friday night game, the starting running back went down with an injury. Without much time to think, the coach handed Michael the ball, and what happened next was nothing short of spectacular. He bulldozed through the defensive line, broke three tackles, and sprinted for a 60-yard touchdown. "I just remember feeling this adrenaline I’d never felt before," Michael recalls. "I knew then that running back was where I belonged."

From that moment, Antonelli dedicated himself to becoming the best back in the country. His work ethic, combined with his rare blend of size, speed, and strength, transformed him into a dominant force. By the time his junior season rolled around, he was already being compared to some of the NFL’s great power backs, with a running style reminiscent of Derrick Henry.

Staying Close to Home

Despite receiving offers from nearly every major program in the country—Ohio State, Alabama, and USC among them—Antonelli has his heart set on staying close to home. “Atlanta’s my city,” he says with pride. "I want my family to be able to see me play, and I want to be a part of something special in my own backyard."

Antonelli is currently leaning toward two schools: the University of Georgia and Georgia Tech, both of which have been recruiting him heavily. UGA, with its national championship roster and tradition of producing elite running backs, has undeniable appeal. But Georgia Tech, with his father’s legacy and the opportunity to elevate the program to the highest point, offers its own pull. He knows one thing for sure - he wants to go to a winner.

"Georgia Tech’s in my blood, but UGA is a powerhouse. It’s tough, man," Michael admits. "At the end of the day, I want to win, but I also want to make my family proud. I’m looking for that perfect fit where I can do both."

A Born Leader

One thing that sets Michael Antonelli apart from other recruits is his leadership, both on and off the field. At Pace Academy, he’s known not just for his football prowess but also for his dedication in the classroom. A straight-A student with aspirations of studying business management in college, Antonelli takes his role as a student-athlete seriously. "I know football won’t last forever," he says. "I want to make sure I’m set up for life after the game, whether that’s starting a business or staying involved in sports in another way."

Michael’s leadership extends beyond school. He volunteers at local youth football camps, working with kids who dream of following in his footsteps. "I was that kid once, looking up to the older guys," he reflects. "Now I just want to give back and show them that anything’s possible if you put in the work."

The Next Chapter

As Michael Antonelli heads into his senior season, the stakes couldn’t be higher. His team is primed for a deep playoff run, and Michael is determined to leave a lasting legacy at Pace Academy. His goals for the year are simple: win a state championship and continue to develop his game for the next level.

"Every time I step on the field, I play with a chip on my shoulder," Michael says. "I’m grateful for the attention, but I’ve still got a lot to prove. I want to show everyone that I’m not just a good high school player—I’m the best running back in the country, period."

With his combination of talent, work ethic, and leadership, there’s no doubt Michael Antonelli is a name college football fans will be hearing for years to come. Whether he chooses to stay in Atlanta or takes his talents elsewhere, one thing is clear: Antonelli is destined to be a star.

And for this rising sensation, the journey is only just beginning.

• Like 3

too bad, the in-state schools already spent all last year fighting over Koch. Guess Antonelli has to come to Knoxville now

31 minutes ago, tsweezy said:

too bad, the in-state schools already spent all last year fighting over Koch. Guess Antonelli has to come to Knoxville now

Recruiting a non-receiving archetype RB? At Tennessee??? I'll believe it when I see it!

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Recruiting a non-receiving archetype RB? At Tennessee??? I'll believe it when I see it!

oh right, no mention of his pass catching. You're right, pass. NEXT!