Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] To the Black and Gold Faithful

This article was originally published on Yosef’s Cabin.

To the Black and Gold Faithful,

I wanted you to hear the news from me first: as of this morning, Appalachian State University and I mutually-agreed to terminate the remaining three years of my contract as Head Coach of the Mountaineer football team.  The original two-years of my contract, plus a one-year extension I signed yesterday evening, were bought-out by the University of Miami pursuant to an agreement between both universities, where I would be relieved of my duties at Appalachian State following the New Mexico Bowl to become the Miami Hurricanes Head Coach ahead of the 2025 collegiate football season.

I know you probably have a lot of questions, and I will endeavor to answer them in time.  But first, I wanted to express my immense gratitude to all of you.  Your ferocious passion, your unwavering dedication, and unconditional support have made my experience with Appalachian State one that I will cherish for a lifetime - I will forever bleed black and gold because you welcomed me into your home and truly made me feel like one of your own, like a true member of the Mountaineer football family.  And just like when it comes to saying farewell to a family member, I can assure you: this isn’t goodbye, it’s see you again soon.

-@dearden

Edited by dearden
  • Like 4