Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

2025 Compensatory Draft Selections

Piercewise1

Good morning all,

I have calculated the compensatory selections for the 2025 Draft. I will summarize a few things about the process, but for full details on how picks are calculated, please refer to Dev Diary 102.

• Comp picks are based on free agency acquisitions from the previous year. So all the activity below took place in the off-season after the 2024 season
  • Only players of a certain talent level are included. This year, the cutoff was around 70 OVR, though a few players below that were counted due to very high snap counts
  • Trades are not considered, only free agency. Presumably a team who trades away a player has already received compensation from the other team
  • Players Gained always cancel out Players Lost of their level or below, and may cancel out players of higher level if there are more players Gained than Lost
  • Each team may receive up to 4 compensatory picks, and there can be no more than 32 awarded in the entire league
  • Picks are always added at the end of the round, in the same order as standard draft picks

Currently the calculation includes 55 eligible players who switched teams last year via free agency. After cancellations, there are 23 granted picks to 13 different teams. Please review the names below and let me know if there are any errors (notably, if players were traded after free agency and so are listed as being Gained by the wrong team). I will keep a log of any corrections below.

NOTE: Since the draft order is not final, picks cannot be added to the interface until the season ends. The exact order will be determined at that time.

2025CompPicks.thumb.png.f55f32c5663d7c52867f919e707f26c9.png

We chatted on discord and I think we're on the same page, but posting here for visibility.  

I signed Hales from FA at the trade deadline.  I don't think that would count against me in the comp pick formula, it should only include signings made during the offseason FA period.  So I think Pittsburgh would get a 4th also for losing Lupo

Hi Pierce, Las Vegas signed DT Daniel Garrison during the season.  Should he count against our draft picks in that case?

3 hours ago, smackemz said:

We chatted on discord and I think we're on the same page, but posting here for visibility.  

I signed Hales from FA at the trade deadline.  I don't think that would count against me in the comp pick formula, it should only include signings made during the offseason FA period.  So I think Pittsburgh would get a 4th also for losing Lupo

Okay, I will remove Hayes from your side of the equation on the next update. You will then be eligible for a 4th round pick as well.

3 hours ago, Jieret said:

Hi Pierce, Las Vegas signed DT Daniel Garrison during the season.  Should he count against our draft picks in that case?

Got it, I will remove him. That will leave you eligible for a 6th-round comp pick, as one of your Lost players is no longer being cancelled out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, subsequent said:

What exactly does it mean when a player is gained?

It means a player was signed in Free Agency during the offseason before 2024 games began. If a listed player was signed mid-season or was acquired via trade, let me know so I can correct the sheet.