Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Week 14 POTW

Week 14 Offensive Player of the Week

QB Jeremy McNitt, #7 TLDO, 31 of 45 for 421 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT in a 48-47 W vs #2 Bowling Green

r1101316_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Jeremy, congratulations on your first win for National Offensive Player of the Week. Heck of a performance against Bowling Green in the Battle of I-75. How was the game from your perspective?

Man, freaking awesome. Best game I ever played in. We started sluggish, then the offense caught on fire. Justin Saffold, man Toledo's finest that's my guy. He shredded it. Their Graterol kid just kept beating our defense down too, back and forth back and forth. So much fun to play, glad we came out on top. Just a game where one team had to lose, and I'm glad it wasn't us!

5 touchdowns, over 400 yards against a really strong defense. You were elite and the voters around the nation rewarded you with the award. What's that mean to you?

It means the world to me. Without the fans, we're just a bunch of guys on a field every Saturday. But man, these guys cheer and fight for us to give us the push to fight even harder. The gridiron's heaven for me, and I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to go out there every week and live my dream.

Big game ahead against Central Michigan. Winning it means the MAC championship and entry into the playoffs. How are you handling your nerves heading into that game?

Honestly, I've always been a nervous guy. Threw up before every game in high school, and even now most games in college. But that's what makes me good. The adversity, the pressure, going out there knowing that it's all on the line keeps me honest. It's alright though, I deal with it and we're gonna deal with them Saturday morning in Detroit.

You're one of the top quarterbacks in the nation with one of the top targets in the nation in Justin Saffold. What's your relationship like with him on and off the field?

I love Justin, that is my guy! We're real close on the field. It's like he knows where I'm gonna throw the ball and adjusts his routes to get there. I've never had as good of a relationship with a teammate as I do with Justin. Off the field, we don't hang out that much. I mean we see each other more than 6 hours a day in practice and film and study hall and everything else. He's got his interests, I got mine, but he knows I always got his back.

As a top quarterback, are the thoughts of the NFL Draft season and the next level creeping into your head?

I mean it'd be a dream. Every kid's dream is to make it to the NFL. I think I've put together a good year but job's not done. We can still win a national championship. All my focus is on Toledo and this team, and we'll let the draft happen when it happens.

Thank you Jeremy, and congratulations on this award. Before I leave, any shout outs?

Shout out to Toledo man. This university has been the best place for me the last 4 years. I've loved every second of it and I hope to do you proud!

Week 14 Defensive Player of the Week

DE Dante Riley, UGA, 6 Tackles, 5 TFLs, 5.0 Sacks in a 37-28 W vs #13 Georgia Tech

KZ5OA67J3R6HUSDZ6PHLOBYN6E.jpg

Dante, our first repeat Defensive Player of the Week recipient for 2024. What a game and performance against Georgia Tech. Talk me through it

I mean, it's just a testament to our whole line. You can't afford to double anyone on our DL and if you do someone else is eating. That Tech QB Landrum can sling it and the only way we were coming out of there with a win was to make him uncomfortable at the first snap.

An enormous statline to cap off an incredible year. You led the nation in sacks this season. What’s that mean to you as you think about the legacy you’ll leave in Athens?

It's huge. I think when most people think of Georgia football they think about the defenses we've fielded. I hope it continues with the next year with the batch of guys that my linemate Cam [Atchison] is going to be leading.

It’s been a joyous season for the Bulldogs, especially the last 6 games where it looked like the team really figured it out. Was there a moment you remember that led to the big change in fortune?

I think Kentucky kicking our teeth in was the wake up we needed. We were and are so close to marking the playoffs. We just needed to play for each other. Coach gave us the hardest schedule in the country because he knew we could handle it. I don't think anyone wants to willingly play us and that's a testament to our team.

You've won this award twice defensively, your teammate Will Outman has won it twice offensively. Both seniors that are leaving this program, do you have any reflections on your career and his that are so tied together for Georgia's success?

I think we both just tried to lead by example every day. It's also good to have had such great success against rival programs like Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia Tech and Auburn. I can't wait to see where Will goes in the draft and I'm hopeful for a team to take a chance on me too. There's a lot of great defensive studs at Georgia coming through the pipeline and I know Slaughter will make the UGA faithful proud as the next QB.

Thanks for your time Dante, and good luck with your future. Congratulations on your upcoming graduation and a successful collegiate career. Before I leave, any final shout outs?

Go Dawgs and put us in the playoffs!!!

This article was written with the help of @Sarge

Week 0 POTWs - RB Jose Kelly, AUB / DE Luke Brown, MUR

Week 1 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Ethan Diaz, COLO

Week 2 POTWs - RB Ramon Mahomes, UTST / DE Kevin Casilla, NCST

Week 3 POTWs - QB Travis Knebel, BAYL / ILB Ketel Mejia, JMU

Week 4 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Matt Roberts, ARK

Week 5 POTWs - QB Will Outman, UGA / CB A.J. Kalu, FSU

Week 6 POTWs - QB Brandon Savage, TENN / ILB Andy Hart, FSU

Week 7 POTWs - QB C.J. Jones, KNSW / DE Joey Acklin, TULS

Week 8 POTWs - QB Will Outman, UGA / DE Dante Riley, UGA

Week 9 POTWs - WR Tony Sherman, TULS / CB Nate Walker IV, BALL