Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] SCOOPED - Notre Dame going for Ogbah!

The Observer has been trying to follow any college players either declared for the transfer portal or suspected of being likely transfers. With the current big three quarterbacks, Jarwin, Ogbah, and Koch declared, we wanted to catch up with Coach LordLittlebutt for his view and any official Notre Dame position on the transfer portal and these transferees.

We caught up with the Coach for a few minutes to discuss.

TheO:    Coach, what do you think about the transfer portal overall and how it’s been implemented?

LLB:        I think it’s been great for the game. From our earliest conversations on recruiting it should be obvious that I believe there has to be a good match between the players and the organization. We definitely want players to join Notre Dame because they truly want to be here.  But, honestly, everyone should recognize that things change over time. If there’s a better match out there, go for it.  BUT, folks need to be thoughtful about making these decisions. There is a lot of impact, so these choices shouldn’t be done on a whim.  As far as implementation, seems OK. I haven’t really thought about ways to improve things. The transparency seems to be there, a player declares, has conversations with the current team and other teams and makes their decision. Sounds pretty fair, but we’ll see how things work out once we live in it for a bit.

TheO:    Are you surprised by the early entrants?

LLB:        I am a little surprised by the timing, with games still going on you never know what can happen. An injury, another player’s decision, final recruiting efforts, Coaches moving to other teams – there are lots of variables out there that seem to me would have an impact in the decision making process. But of course, these kids have a lot more information on their own circumstances.

TheO:    A lot of chatter and gossip about Mark Koch – what do you think of him?

LLB:        I don’t know Mark Koch at all, so I’m not going to comment on a lot of the stuff out there. We’ve got our QB of the future in JJ, so we won’t be pursuing Mr. Koch in the portal.

TheO:    What about Kelly Jarwin?

LLB:        Well, we think he might have gotten a bit of a bad rap down in Florida. We definitely like his arm and sometimes changing scenery can provide some benefit. Given that he has a single year of eligibility, we could look to work him out and evaluate discussions as a bridge to JJ.

TheO:    That’s interesting Coach, the last of the big QB declares is Quenton Ogbah, thoughts?

LLB:        We are pretty excited to talk to Quenton, we’ll definitely be seeing if he has any interest in Notre Dame.  He’s super bright, a good scheme fit for what we’re doing here, a better than solid arm. I think the Irish would really benefit from his signing up and if he’s interested we think Notre Dame would be a great place for him to finish his collegiate career.

TheO:    Wow, Coach this is the most excited we’ve seen you.  So, can we scoop that Notre Dame will be pursuing Ogbah in the portal?

LLB:        He checks all our boxes, experienced performer that the entire team will benefit from, I’d say you have your scoop.

TheO:    Remember folks, you heard it here first – Notre Dame is going after Ogbah!

LLB:        We’ll be going all out Vicky, GO IRISH!!

Edited by LordLittlebutt
  • Like 4

• LordLittlebutt changed the title to [2024] SCOOPED - Notre Dame going for Ogbah!