Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Week 12 Recap: APST 52-0 JMU

Boone, North Carolina - It was a record-breaking afternoon in the Blue Ridge Mountains as Appalachian State routed their divisional opponents, the James Madison Dukes, 52-0 to solidify their 5-1 home record for the 2024 season with the program’s largest margin of victory in recent memory.  While #23 Marshall’s victory at Old Dominion on Friday mathematically-eliminated the Mountaineers from the Sun Belt East Championship, the Black and Gold responded to secure Appalachian State’s bowl eligibility for a third year in four seasons.  Emotions ran high for graduating Seniors, both throughout the game and after the final whistle.  After the visitors had exited the field, the fans stayed standing and cameras were trained on the Captains as they addressed the crowd for “one last time” in Black and Gold.

“Let’s hear some noise; for our Seniors, our coaches, and most importantly - our fans!  You guys are nothing short of amazing, I hope you know that.  Your passion, your dedication, it means the world to all of us: and when I say ‘all of us’ I mean every single one of us who’s ever put on the Black and Gold of App State.  Every single Mountaineer student-athlete, from every available sport on campus, knows what it’s like to hear your cheers ringing down from the stands - your unconditional support is our inspiration.  For four years, you’ve inspired me to work hard and be the best I could be - for you, for my teammates and coaches, and for myself.  You’re the reason we leave it all out on the field.  For that and so much more, thank you, thank you for everything.”
- Ramon Brice

“App State, let’s give it up for the nation’s best fullback!  Ramon, brother, I gotta thank you, all our teammates who have come before and those who are yet to put on the Black and Gold, and most importantly all our fans for welcoming a kid from outside of Jacksonville into a place I proudly call home.  I don’t know where I’d be without all of you and your encouragement.  I’ve always been eager to compete, but that fire multiplies the second I hear my teammates challenging me to be better, the second I hear my coaches’ critiques and advice, and the second I hear the roar of the best fans anyone could ever ask for!  You’ll always have a special place in my heart.  On behalf of the graduating Seniors: thank you so much everyone; this may be goodbye for now, but it’s certainly not farewell.”
- Phil Turner

The afternoon’s program was capped off by some words from Coach @dearden, who thanked the fans, players, and his coaching staff for their tremendous work this season; however, he also acknowledged that their job wasn’t done.  Coach Dearden implored the Black and Gold to finish the season strong and to make the necessary preparations for their bowl game appearance, noting that his predecessors have felt the joy of bringing a trophy back to the Blue Ridge Mountains and that it was his intent to do the same.  Lastly, Coach Dearden wished each of the graduating seniors - from his players to all those in attendance - well in their future; he noted that he looked forward to their accomplishments - professional, athletic, and everything in between - that he was immensely proud of them, and that wherever they are they’ll always have a home at Appalachian State

Joining the Mountaineers on the field during the celebrations was incoming 4* Quarterback Richard Gapinski from the Kinkaid School in Houston, Texas.  Gapinski, who was joined by his high school coach and father Robert Gapinski, stood with other Mountaineer recruits and their parents along the sideline and were all-smiles watching Appalachian State’s emphatic statement victory.  The Elite-11 contender gathered his fellow offensive recruits in attendance; 4* OG Alfred Perry of Laurinburg, North Carolina; 4* RB George Shaw of Charlotte, North Carolina; and 3* WR Frank Washington of Richmond, Virginia; together on the sideline during the first quarter where they watched the remainder of the game - exhibiting a “work starts now” attitude as they were seen huddling together on Mountaineer offensive drives as if discussing what they would do on the field come next season.

“It was a surreal experience,” said Gapinski, after the Mountaineers 52-0 victory.  “We just about wrapped up the Southwest Prep Conference 4A title yesterday so Dad - excuse me, Coach - and I boarded an evening flight out of Houston to get here for today’s game.  Obviously, couldn’t have asked for a better result on the scoreboard, but from an incoming player’s perspective it was also insightful getting to watch three of our Quarterbacks take snaps.  Austin [Redding] looked so dominant in the pocket, Brandon [Quijada] slung it through the air and found some yardage with his feet, and Geno [Wimmers] killed it with his exclamation point touchdown pass as time expired.  I’m really looking forward to picking their brains afterwards ahead of the Elite-11 in Nashville; I’m always ready to learn more and I think that talking to three experienced collegiate quarterbacks ahead of the competition will give me an edge.  That said, work starts now, getting to chat gameplanning with Alfred [Perry], George [Shaw], and Frank [Washington] on the sideline helped me analyze the game - I’m ready to apply all I've learned to go for the Texas State Title, prove my worth at Elite-11, and fighting for the starting job here come 2025.”

The Mountaineers travel to Conway, South Carolina to finish their regular season against the Chanticleers of Coastal Carolina, looking to cement their second-place position in the Sun Belt East with a third-straight conference victory.

Edited by dearden
  • Like 1