Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Week 12 POTW

Week 12 Offensive Player of the Week

QB Brandon Savage, #4 TENN, 27 of 33 for 593 yards, 7 TD, 0 INT in a 47-13 W vs #10 Oklahoma

e1ad94f56b944d9db7c3f0642c212885

Brandon, huge game against Oklahoma and more importantly, congratulations on your second Offensive Player of the Week award for this season. Tell me what was memorable in the match up against the Sooners?

Honestly, our defense. The last couple weeks we’ve played top-10 teams with great offenses. When we gameplan we plan to score as much as we can and let the chips fall where they may. When the D stiffens up and keeps giving us the ball in good field position it makes that job a lot easier and the confidence keeps building on itself

You've built an incredible raport with your receivers and running backs. Flash, Williams, Edwards. What's it like working with those guys on the field and when you see each other around campus?

I remember when I first got on campus Hayes put in a lot of work with me, he’s the old head in the room now and showed me what the expectations are here. Joe came in with me and has been positive every day I’ve known him. We planned our commitments actually because we felt we had such complementary games
And then Flash obviously new kid on the block who’s the fastest dude I’ve ever seen. He even talks fast honestly, everything he does is 1.5 speed, it’s kinda funny actually 

Big expectations ahead, especially after a huge win against a great Oklahoma team. The playoff rankings came out and Tennessee's #2 in the nation. How are you handling the weight of the expectations?

The only expectations that matter are the ones within the program, and those are to win this weeks game, every week. We control our own destiny and act like it

All season long you've been a dominant quarterback, but it almost feels under the radar based on you being the returning Heisman winner. You see a lot of news on guys like Landrum, Plawecki, Washington, Knebel, and Outman. Do you take the attention those guys have on them as a personal slight on yourself?

Well everybody loves the new kid on the block, plus a lot of those guys are heading pro next year so it makes sense. I just take it as a compliment honestly, that people believe in me so much that performing well is the expectation now. Means I’ve been doing my job

One last regular season test against some may say an overmatched Vanderbilt team. Talk me through what’s in your mind heading into the final regular season game of 2024

Jobs not finished right? We’ve got a week off to relax post-Oklahoma and then we can tie up the season. We need a win here for our postseason goals so nobody is overlooking this, we won’t even know our CCG opponent anyways to be distracted. Plus it’s a rivalry and it’s fun to take after Tsweezy and say “Vanderbilt delenda est”

Well thanks for your time Brandon. Before I leave any shoutouts?

My family, my coaches, and my OL as always. They’ve really stepped up the last few weeks

Week 12 Defensive Player of the Week

CB Preston Jimenez, #17 MSST, 6 Tackles, 1 PD, 2 INT in a 31-24 W vs #8 TCU

949d3d4c-3232-488a-8993-6677211ce41e-AP2

Preston, congratulations on the incredible game against TCU. What was going through your mind during those pivotal moments?

Thank you! Honestly, it was all about staying focused on the game plan. We knew TCU was a tough team, but we trusted our preparation and each other.

With 6 tackles, 1 pass defensed, and 2 interceptions, you played a crucial role in the win. How do you prepare for such a standout performance?

It’s a combination of studying film, understanding the opponent’s tendencies, and relentless practice. Our coaches always emphasize the importance of being ready for any situation, and that preparation paid off.

Those two interceptions were game-changers. Can you walk us through what you saw on those plays?

Sure, for the first one, I noticed the quarterback’s eyes locking onto his target a bit too early, so I jumped the route. For the second, it was all about being in the right place at the right time, thanks to our defensive line putting great pressure.

As a senior, how do you feel about your last season and the legacy you’re leaving at Mississippi State?

It’s bittersweet, but I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished. I hope my legacy is one of hard work, resilience, and the belief that anything is possible with dedication.

Finally, what message do you have for the Bulldog fans?

Your support means everything to us. Keep cheering, and we’ll keep giving our all. Hail State!

This article was written with the help of @tsweezy

Week 0 POTWs - RB Jose Kelly, AUB / DE Luke Brown, MUR

Week 1 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Ethan Diaz, COLO

Week 2 POTWs - RB Ramon Mahomes, UTST / DE Kevin Casilla, NCST

Week 3 POTWs - QB Travis Knebel, BAYL / ILB Ketel Mejia, JMU

Week 4 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Matt Roberts, ARK

Week 5 POTWs - QB Will Outman, UGA / CB A.J. Kalu, FSU

Week 6 POTWs - QB Brandon Savage, TENN / ILB Andy Hart, FSU

Week 7 POTWs - QB C.J. Jones, KNSW / DE Joey Acklin, TULS

Week 8 POTWs - QB Will Outman, UGA / DE Dante Riley, UGA

Week 9 POTWs - WR Tony Sherman, TULS / CB Nate Walker IV, BALL

Week 10 POTWs - QB Pat Niang, WAST / DT Cody White, AZST