Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Week 11 POTW

Week 11 Offensive Player of the Week

QB O'Koyea Landrum, #21 GT, 39 of 52 for 712 yards, 6 TD, 0 INT, 1 carry for 7 yards in a 42-25 W vs NC State

usatsi_17917223.webp

O'Koyea, for the third time this season, Offensive Player of the Week. Congrats once again, as you've now broken the record for most seasonal wins. 712 yards, 6 touchdowns, a 42-25 win over NC State. How do you just keep doing it?

Thanks for the recognition again! 
Coach calls them, and I throw ‘em. He puts together a great plan, and the team just executes. I’m just one part of the plan

After a bit of a slump with back to back losses to North Carolina and Washington State, you and this team roared back to a huge win against the Wolf Pack. Talk me through the last few weeks

This was a revenge game. The UNC and Wash State games didn’t go as planned, and that’s largely my fault. I was slow to get going on a number of drives. I think I got too comfortable. I’ve changed up my stretching routine between drives and during the half now. These stretches focus on keeping my lower half explosive

Through this season Tech has put together a strong resume with one of the most explosive offenses in the nation. This week the Miami Hurricanes are coming up to Atlanta for the final conference game of the year and Senior night. What are the emotions like heading into this week?

Phew, it’s been a blast. Not just this year, but my whole time here as a Yellow Jacket. This year has been by far the most fun that I’ve had. It hasn’t really hit me yet, but I’m sure it will when I come out of the tunnel one last time. I’m really thankful for my teammates, coaches, support staff, and the Institute as a whole.

Despite the set backs, you're still in the running for the Heisman, Caleb Collins in contention for the Biletnikoff, and Jose Odom in contention for the Mackey. What would it mean to you if all three of you came down with the highest individual awards for your positions?

Winning awards with my best buds?! That would be incredible. I'll probably catch some flack for daydreaming about this, but hot dang that would be so cool. We're always together putting in the work. It would be great to have Caleb and Jose recognized for everything they do

You're nearing the NFL draft. 2 weeks left before conference championship games and the postseason. How's your future career weighing on your mind?

It really isn't at this point. I still have a job to do. Sure, it's a bonus that if I do my job well it will help my draft stock and future career. But, I am solely focused on the match up against Miami this weekend. I'll worry about the draft combine workouts after the season is over.

Well thanks so much O’Koyea and best of luck! Any shout outs to close this interview?

To Hell with Georgia! We’re closing this season out strong. Gonna hit these teams in the mouth harder than I gotta hit the books to pass my engineering classes. Y’all better keep an eye on us! 

Week 11 Defensive Player of the Week

CB Rick Guerra, CAL, 5 INT in a 34-26 W vs Illinois

GettyImages-490679688.0.jpg

Rick, what a tremendous game this past week where you won National Defensive Player of the Week. In your wildest dreams did you think you'd ever have a performance like that?

Yeah, always been him, just glad I finally was able to get some picks, lotta close calls this season

Not just some picks, five! At one point it seemed like every drive would end with the ball in your hands. Was it just something you were seeing from the opposing QB?

Lil bro was nervous I just took advantage of it
I don't know why he kept throwing my way I don't think he watches film or studies
Give me his NIL money honestly if he getting that 

The Golden Bears defense has suddenly roared to life in the last few games. What led to the change?

We know we wanna make a bowl game and we know we one of the top defenses in the country, got to do our part to get to the post season

Nearing the end of Cal's first year in the ACC, your team is 3-3 in conference and 5-5 overall. What's the message to the young guys on finishing strong?

Every game matters, its got to be perfection from this point forward. obviously the season hasn't gone the way we wanted but there's still something to play for

After your big outing, you're definitely on the maps of NFL GMs as one of the elite corners in this class. What are your thoughts as we head to the close of the season and into the NFL Draft process?

Right now just focused on getting to the postseason
If teams want me they know where to find me

Well thank you for your time Rick! Any final words to the Golden Bears fans around the nation?

I know its been a little rough but we’re gonna finish strong like we always do stay the course
The future is bright

This article was written with the help of @ATonOfLaw and @Migi

Week 0 POTWs - RB Jose Kelly, AUB / DE Luke Brown, MUR

Week 1 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Ethan Diaz, COLO

Week 2 POTWs - RB Ramon Mahomes, UTST / DE Kevin Casilla, NCST

Week 3 POTWs - QB Travis Knebel, BAYL / ILB Ketel Mejia, JMU

Week 4 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Matt Roberts, ARK

Week 5 POTWs - QB Will Outman, UGA / CB A.J. Kalu, FSU

Week 6 POTWs - QB Brandon Savage, TENN / ILB Andy Hart, FSU

Week 7 POTWs - QB C.J. Jones, KNSW / DE Joey Acklin, TULS

Week 8 POTWs - QB Will Outman, UGA / DE Dante Riley, UGA

Week 9 POTWs - WR Tony Sherman, TULS / CB Nate Walker IV, BALL