Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Week 9 POTW

Week 9 Offensive Player of the Week

WR Tony Sherman, #3 TULS, 10 receptions for 234 yards, 5 TD in a 66-24 W vs FAU

tulsa-wr-keylon-stokes.png

Tony, a monster game against FAU. 5 receiving touchdowns and offensive player of the week honors! How are you feeling after that showing?

It's a great feeling for sure.  This was an all time game for me and it is still a bit surreal to think that I caught 5 TDs in that game, but just so fortunate that we have such a great unit on this offensive side of the ball.  I honestly didn't realize how many I had until after the game when I went to go meet my family.  It was a giant celebration for sure.

Tulsa is undefeated with one of the most explosive offenses in the nation. What is it about this team that leads to all these points?

Balance, balance, balance.  There are no egos in this building and we are all cheering for our collective success.  When Ben hauls in a long catch, it just sets up Josh or Cody for a goal line touchdown.  It all comes back to us functioning as a cohesive unit.

Tulsa is a title contender, would be the second championship team you’ve been a part of. How are you handling the weight of the expectations?

I was redshirting when we won the first title.  A lot of the star players on this squad were.  Those of us who redshirted like that, we're looking for our first title ourselves.  We want to make those who came before us proud by being in that conversation.

For your personal goals, the Biletnikoff is in reach. How are you handling being in contention for such a prestigious award?

I think my goal this season is to attend the award ceremony with Ben.  It would be a huge deal for our program to have a pair of representatives instead of just one of us.  Even better if it's after we're in the playoffs.

Well good luck the rest of the season Tony. Before I leave do you have any shout outs?

Shout out to my family and the entire Tulsa team!  You guys rock!

Week 8 Defensive Player of the Week

CB Nate Walker IV, BALL, 9 Tackles, 1 PD, 2 INT in a 31-28 W vs #4 Notre Dame

Ball-State-defensive-back-Nic-Jones.jpg?

Nate, congrats on a huge Week 9 win against previously undefeated Notre Dame. 2 huge picks to push your team to a 31-28 victory, talk me through the game

Going on the road in a place like South Bend is a huge opportunity. Barely anyone thinks you have a chance, and that honestly gave us some freedom. We felt like we could take chances and try to make things happen. On the first pick, they were trying for a short little quick play to try and setup an easy 3rd Down. I took a chance that the RB would be doing a little zig route. I don't think Izaah even saw me there. In normal games, I'm probably not jumping that hard, but against a team like Notre Dame. I'm going to take that chance. The 2nd Pick was just a 1-v-1 that I won. Gaudin got the best of me most of the game, but not on that play. I'm happy with my two picks, and I'm proud of how our team went out there and performed this week. That was for sure the biggest win we've had since I've been here.

Biggest win, but also biggest upset? It was a team effort so talk to me about what the preparation was like last week heading into the big showdown?

The prep week was actually fun. We knew we had a chance, but we were loose. We knew they were going to get their big plays, we just had to prep to be ready to take advantage of what few mistakes they do make. The film we watched showed a reliance at times by Izaah to take a quick read without fully scanning the defense. We felt we could bait him into a few chances to take the ball away, and that prep worked out for us.  Also, I have to shout out my boy Leon, dude made plays left and right for the offense. That huge run he had in the 4th was massive for us, we don't win without it.

It was a great game, team effort. You’re one of the leaders on this defense. What does that mean to you and is this a tight knit group of players?

It means a lot, I'm a Senior now, so I've seen quite a bit with this program. There are a few of us who came in the same class together and bonded right away. Seeing all of our hard work pay out in a performance like this is indescribable.

One of the top DBs not just in the MAC but the nation. How are you handling the expectations for individual accolades as we head into the remainder of the season?

I'm more focused on the team's goals. We have some big games left, and still have an outside chance at the MAC Championship game. I'm just hoping I can keep making plays to help the team reach our goals.

With the MAC up in the air, who do you think will be the biggest and toughest team to overcome for the Cardinals?

This week against Bowling Green, they're a complete team. So it will take a complete team effort on our end to take them down.

Well best of luck Nate! Before I leave any shout outs?

Just my momma!

This article was written with the help of @acewulf and @npklemm

Week 0 POTWs - RB Jose Kelly, AUB / DE Luke Brown, MUR

Week 1 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Ethan Diaz, COLO

Week 2 POTWs - RB Ramon Mahomes, UTST / DE Kevin Casilla, NCST

Week 3 POTWs - QB Travis Knebel, BAYL / ILB Ketel Mejia, JMU

Week 4 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Matt Roberts, ARK

Week 5 POTWs - QB Will Outman, UGA / CB A.J. Kalu, FSU

Week 6 POTWs - QB Brandon Savage, TENN / ILB Andy Hart, FSU

Week 7 POTWs - QB C.J. Jones, KNSW / DE Joey Acklin, TULS

Week 8 POTWs - QB Will Outman, UGA / DE Dante Riley, UGA

• Like 3