Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Week 8 POTW

Week 8 Offensive Player of the Week

QB Will Outman, UGA, 28 of 42 for 549 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT, 1 carry for 2 yards, 0 TD in a 48-24 W vs #2 Tennessee

3ceb373c-133e-43cb-8161-d44e5e371a71-AP2

Will congrats on your second Offensive Player of the Week award this season! What a performance against Tennessee talk me through it

It was a great game. Athens was rocking for a huge game. I think we all recognize that Tennessee is the team to beat in the SEC. I'm proud of our team and especially our defense for giving us so many opportunities to get points on the board.

Over 500 yards and 5 Touchdowns. You were on fire, and so were your targets. What led to this explosive offensive performance?

I think GG (WR Georges Garcia) really carried the offense. He's a special talent with NFL speed and if I'm ever in trouble I just throw it up to him. All the other guys did great and the Oline kept me clean. Big games get us going.

Your defensive counterparts were outstanding as well. I'll be sitting with Dante Riley soon for his defensive player of the week interview. What's it like taking on those guys at practice?

It's absolutely brutal. Everyone on that DL is an elite player in their own right and most of them don't want to come off the field. I think a couple of them will be special talents at the next level for sure.

Coming off this huge win, the Bulldogs are traveling to Jacksonville for the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. What's that game and environment like as a player?

It's the most electric rivalry in our conference in my opinion but that could be rivaled with Tennessee and Alabama and new SEC additions Texas and Oklahoma. We're excited to get after the Gators again and remind them who we are.

Thanks Will. Before I leave any final items?

Not at all! Thanks for having me!

Week 8 Defensive Player of the Week

DE Dante Riley, UGA, 12 tackles, 6.5 TFLs, 6.5 Sacks in a 48-24 W vs #2 Tennessee

KZ5OA67J3R6HUSDZ6PHLOBYN6E.jpg

Sitting here with defensive end Dante Riley. Dante congrats on winning defensive player of the week with a dominant game along the defensive line

Thanks bro. I couldn't have been here without the rest of my linemates.

12 tackles, 6.5 TFLs, and 6.5 Sacks for you. Then 9 tackles, 5 TFLs, 5.0 Sacks for Cam Atchinson. And on top of that 11 tackles, 6.5 TFLs, 5.5 Sacks from DT Jon Gore. What led to this incredible defensive performance?

Well their LT went down early after our line's first sack and you could tell the guy they put in wasn't supposed to be there. I think that was a ripple effect down their line and it let us hit Savage over and over.

It was a shocking sight to see as almost every play Savage's jersey got greener and greener. What was the energy like for you and the guys as you basically hunted him down all evening?

Relentless. Georgia has a great history of stellar defense [in the sim] and Tennessee being as dominant as it has in offense all year.. what are they average like 40 a game.. we needed to step up in order for our team to win. The only issue is Savage STILL balled. That dude is different

I met with your quarterback Will Outman earlier today for his offensive player of the week interview. What's it like tangling up with him at practice day in and day out?

Dude is a DAWG. He doesn't get enough credit for how good he is, especially in big games. Look at what he did to Bama in Tuscaloosa. Then comes out and balls against the #2 team in the country and basically saves our season. But yeah I like to hit him at practice when I can.

Going into the rest of your season, what are you hoping to do individually and as a team?

We'd obviously like to win out and end the season beating Tech. We still have all our big rivals with Florida, Auburn and Tech left on the schedule and at least compete in a good bowl. I would like to lead the conference in sacks but I don't know how far I am.

Thanks Dante, before I leave any final shout outs?

Shout out to my DL for setting an NCAA record! GO DAWGS

This article was written with the help of @Sarge

Week 0 POTWs - RB Jose Kelly, AUB / DE Luke Brown, MUR

Week 1 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Ethan Diaz, COLO

Week 2 POTWs - RB Ramon Mahomes, UTST / DE Kevin Casilla, NCST

Week 3 POTWs - QB Travis Knebel, BAYL / ILB Ketel Mejia, JMU

Week 4 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Matt Roberts, ARK

Week 5 POTWs - QB Will Outman, UGA / CB A.J. Kalu, FSU

Week 6 POTWs - QB Brandon Savage, TENN / ILB Andy Hart, FSU

Week 7 POTWs - QB C.J. Jones, KNSW / DE Joey Acklin, TULS

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Outman has had two insane performances this year against some of the best teams on his schedule. Really making his case to SimNFL teams in a loaded QB Class

6.5 Sacks is stupid good. 

• Love 1