Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Transfer Talk: Ep. 1 - Kelly Jarwin

This article was originally published on plus.espn.com - featured audio has been transcribed for the reader's ease.

Good evening football fans! Welcome to Transfer Talk: an intermittent program that I pitched to ESPN and they somehow approved, where we'll be taking a look at possible destinations for high-profile transfer targets, analyzing the potential "fit" between the talented player and their prospective new team, and chatting to these athletes and college football coaches along the way.  Ready to get started?

The King is Dead, Long Live the King.  In our premiere episode, we'll be heading down to Tallahassee, Florida where the Seminoles, who've started this season 4-2 with back-to-back losses, have decided to shake-up their offense.  In a recent press conference, Coach @Kirby stated:

"I'm a man of few words, so I will keep this short and sweet. Colt McIntyre will be our starting quarterback for the remainder of the season. That is all I have to say on this matter, and I will not be taking questions."

Speaking exclusively to Coach @Kirby before the program, he provided some additional insight and clarification into the Quarterback situation at Florida State.  He said:

"I've made no qualms in regards to the future of the quarterback position at Florida State for the remainder to the season.  When we recruited Colt McIntyre, this team was always destined to be his.  He's looked amazing in training these last few weeks and frankly, has been outperforming Kelly [Jarwin].  After back to back conference losses, my hands are kind of tied.  We have to make a change, and that's what we will do.  I'm getting a lot of people asking me about next season.  Ya'know, saying how Kelly is a junior and he will still be eligible next year.  Is he going to play?  Is he going to transfer?  The truth of it is, I don't know what's gonna happen next week let alone next year.  Should Kelly put the work in from here on out, who's to say he won't start in his senior year.  Emotions run high immediately after games, and I've fallen guilty of that myself on more than one occasion, but the reality is Kelly Jarwin is a Seminole still, and should outperform Colt McIntyre, then obviously he will play.  This team is all about one thing above all the other bullshit, and that is winning."

When asked about the prospect of Kelly Jarwin potentially entering the transfer portal, as opposed to remaining a Seminole for his final year of collegiate eligibility, and whether or not efforts were being made to retain the signal-caller, Coach @Kirby continued:

"Not quite sure what the purpose of your question is.  I'm not going to hold his hand and whisper bed time stories to him in order to keep him.  Kelly is a full grown man, he can make his own mind up.  All I've stated is the starting quarterback going forward is going to be Colt McIntyre.  If Colt puts up a few stinkers, will I be stubborn enough to keep him starting? Of course not.  Will Colt put up stinkers?  I doubt it.  But who knows.  Winning is all that matters.  My job is to put us in the best situation to win as many games as possible.  I'd start myself if that meant we had a better chance to win, so do with that what you will."

Coach, I appreciate the straight-shooting - for folks who've seen my far-less-publicized interviews, you'll know my similar views on how important putting guys in the best possible situation to succeed is, so I love seeing that mentality in other programs - thanks again for taking the time to chat; hope to have you back on the program when you're hunting for folks to head on down to the Sunshine State!

Before anyone can shout "COACHING BIAS" at the top of their lungs, I also sat down with the man himself - Kelly Jarwin - to chat about all the buzz surrounding the goings-on in Tallahassee.  Responding to the news that he'd be backing-up Colt McIntyre for the foreseeable-future, Kelly said:

"Yeah, it sucks.  I can't lie.  Coach kinda pulled me aside after the game and told me that I'm out for next week.  He didn't mention anything about the entire season but he kinda alluded to that in his press conference.  I really don't know right now, what my future holds.  Got a lot of mixed emotions,  I've been here my entire college career, this place is home, and yeah, it just sucks man."

When asked about the possibility of entering the transfer portal to play out his final year of eligibility elsewhere, Kelly opined:

"I mean I guess I'll have to see what happens.  I won't quit on this team.  I'm a Seminole, it's in my blood now.  But that's really a question for the off season.  Obviously if Colt balls out from now to the end of the season I guess the team will probably be his.  If that happens then yeah, I will likely transfer.  But if there's a chance the team can still be mine, why would I leave?"

Kelly, brother, here at Transfer Talk we're hoping for the best for you - gotta respect the composure and the mentality that you've had throughout this whole ordeal, whatever happens man, we're always gonna want to watch you come Saturdays, and hopefully Sundays in the future.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving into the Transfer part of Transfer Talk, let's presume that Kelly Jarwin enters the portal this off-season - where could he end up?  The crew and I have put together three destinations for Kelly, based on location, scheme fit, and the ability for Kelly to succeed entering his final year of collegiate eligibility.  Before we dive-in, we've put Kelly's current stats below - dude's eighth right now in total passing yardage, lest we forget that this guy can play football at the highest level.

Passing Yards Completions Attempts Percentage Passing Average Passing TDs Interceptions Sacks QB Rating Longest Pass
2,250 166 268 61.94% 375.00 18 8 21 148.66 87

3. Ohio State University

Alright, alright, I know what you're thinking: Coach @dearden, Ohio State don't even have a full-time head coach!  You'd be right, but it won't stay that way for long.  "The" Ohio State University are a massive football program - despite their recent bad-luck with coaching, I've got no doubts that they'll buck that trend soon enough with an amazing coaching signing this off-season, and what better way for that Head Coach to show their intent to the Buckeye faithful than to bring an Ohio boy in Kelly Jarwin back home to lead a new-look Buckeye offense?  To me, that's pure poetry.  Not to mention, Jarwin already fits into the future Buckeye offense.  Signal-caller presumptive, Junior J'Marcus Liranzo, has a pocket-presence similar to Jarwin; however, remains untested at the collegiate level.  With Kelly Jarwin at the helm, the Buckeyes could usher in a new era.

2. University of Washington

@CoachCartier, if Kelly Jarwin were to enter the transfer portal, take note.  Not only is Kelly a scheme-fit for your offense, but he's outperforming your current Quarterback, Jeurys Cooper, in virtually every passing metric so far this season.  Couple that with the fact that Washington have an astounding SEVEN Quarterbacks currently rostered, with four -  all either Redshirt Sophomores or Sophomores - returning next season, Kelly Jarwin could be your guy to bridge your program's offense and put up ridiculous numbers while doing it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking about the possibility of joining either Ohio State or Washington specifically, Kelly Jarwin stated:

"Ohio State and Washington are [] big programs.  Like what they are doing and what they have done."

1. Georgia Tech

O'Koyea Landrum.  Heisman contender, two-time National Offensive Player-of-the-Week. Redshirt Senior in his final year of eligibility.

You might not like it, but this one makes the most sense.  Coach @ATonOfLaw has put together a program, specifically an offensive one, which has let O'Koyea Landrum barnstorm week-in and week-out.  Despite being a direct rival of Kelly Jarwin's, both Quarterbacks have a remarkably similar play-style.  That, and Kelly is seemingly leagues-ahead on Landrum's heir-apparent: Yohander Clippard, who has struggled in relief of Landrum.  While Kelly is understandably cool to the idea of playing for the Yellow Jackets, quipping:

"I don't appreciate you asking me about landing spots either.  Like Georgia Tech just beat us.  Right now, I hate those guys, I can't program myself to want to join them after taking a beating."  Yet, understanding that the proverbial shoe fit, Jarwin continued: "But who knows. Nothing is off the table right now."

Thanks again to Coach @Kirby and Kelly Jarwin for joining us on our first episode of Transfer Talk - wishing both of you guys the best as the season progresses!  Coaches, players, if you want to talk the transfer portal, feel free to reach out - ESPN commissioned an episode quota, so I gotta hit them to be renewed for next season.  Until next time, football fans!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2
  • Sad 1

That is all I have to say on this matter, and I will not be taking questions."

interesting 

• Like 1
  • zamn 1

I think you misspelled Northern Illinois University

• Like 1