Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Week 5 POTW

Week 5 Offensive Player of the Week

QB Will Outman, UGA, 36 of 38 for 473 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT, 4 carries for 31 yards, 0 TD in a 38-29 W vs #18 Alabama

3ceb373c-133e-43cb-8161-d44e5e371a71-AP2

Will, congratulations on a stunning win over previously undefeated Alabama and your fantastic 5 touchdown performance. What lead to this great game last Saturday?

I think a lot of it boils down to coach making some week of installs that really helped me get dialed in for the game. Our wide receivers are dawgs and the OL did a great job. Just an overall team effort against one of the premiere teams in our conference.

Perhaps your best game yet as a collegiate athlete. You had more touchdowns than incompletions. What was it like being in the zone, making perfect passes over and over again to your receivers?

I think a lot of it comes down to how good well the receivers played because that stat works both ways with none of the guys dropping any balls thrown their way. It's hard not to be in the zone when walking into historic Tuscaloosa and rising up to the challenge.

Georgia's played an absolutely brutal schedule to date, and the Bulldogs currently sit 2-3. Whats the mindset in the locker room as you guys ramp up for the back half of the season?

Coach let us know that if we wanted to contend for a conference or national championship that we had to play the best teams and I think we're all willing to rise up to that challenge. I don't think anyone that plays sports wants to 'punch down', for lack of better words. We want to play the best opponents possible and consistently challenge the top of the sport. I think all the guys would agree.

Will, you've come into this season touted as one of the top quarterbacks in this class, along side guys like Julian Longacre, O'koyea Landrum, and Travis Knebel. Has that scrutiny affected your play this season?

I mean probably? I think it'd affect most people though I don't think they'd readily admit it. But I welcome the challenge and guys like Longacre, Landrum and Knebel are the best of the best at our position right now, and I'm just glad I can be mentioned along side them.

As you head into the rest of your senior season, are there any games in particular that excite you?

This year a lot teams on are schedule are at the highest they've ever been. I think the main stretch of playing at Lexington, at Knoxville, everyone's favorite cocktail party and Georgia Tech to close out the season are gonna all be great headline games.

Thanks for your time Will. Before I leave any final statements for Dawg Nation?

Nothing else sir, thanks!

Week 5 Defensive Player of the Week

CB A.J. Kalu, #7 FSU, 5 Tackles, 1 FF, 4 PD, 5 INT in a 41-52 L vs North Carolina

usa_today_16923885.0.jpg

AJ, let me be the first to congratulate you on winning National Defensive Player of the Week. You had a tremendous performance with 5 Tackles, 1 forced fumble, 4 Passes Defensed, and 5 interceptions albeit in a 41-52 loss to ACC rival North Carolina. What emotions are you feeling now that it's been a few days since the game?

Listen man I played great but ultimately our 0 is gone and that stings. The team always comes first. If I could take all those interceptions away but change the result I would, believe that!

Between yourself and linebacker Andy Hart, it was probably the most dominant two player defensive display that this reporter has seen. What is your relationship like with Andy and the rest of this defense?

Andy is a dog bro. The thing is with Harty is that people see him as this coverage linebacker without much hustle but trust me this man is a straight savage and he loves nothing more than going after the QB on the other side. As a unit we are tight, we actually run a weekly Madden competition together but I'm yet to win much on there, no-one can beat Vinny Rush that kid may only be a freshman but he's a gaming freak too.

You currently lead all of college football in interceptions (7) and you're tied for 4th in passes defensed (8). Is a potential All-American and Jim Thorpe award in your mind as you head into the 2nd half of the season?

For sure! But I just want to keep doing my best and if recognition comes then so be it. We got a lot to work on with the D, and we have a big game this week. Go Noles baby!

As a team, what are the goals for the rest of the season that Coach has been preaching?

Coach just wants us to do better, and to be honest us as players agree. We aren't firing on all cylinders at the moment but everyone is embracing the grind especially after losing against UNC. We have some big games coming up and we really need to win out if we have any chance of making the playoffs. That's the goal ultimately.

Thanks for your time AJ. Before I leave, do you have any final remarks?

Pleasure my guy. To anyone listening: Stay humble, keep watching, and go Noles!

This article was written with the help of @Sarge and @Kirby

Week 0 POTWs - RB Jose Kelly, AUB / DE Luke Brown, MUR

Week 1 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Ethan Diaz, COLO

Week 2 POTWs - RB Ramon Mahomes, UTST / DE Kevin Casilla, NCST

Week 3 POTWs - QB Travis Knebel, BAYL / ILB Ketel Mejia, JMU

Week 4 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Matt Roberts, ARK

• Like 2
  • Love 1