Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Week 4 POTW

Week 4 Offensive Player of the Week

QB O'Koyea Landrum, #6 GT, 39 of 55 for 742 yards, 9 TD, 2 INT, 2 carries for 16 yards, 0 TD in a 63-50 W vs Louisville

usatsi_17917223.jpg

O’Koyea, our first repeat winner this season. Just talked to you after Week 1 and you’ve already won Week 4! What’s it feel like to win this twice?

It’s an honor! Just goes to show what can happen when you put in the work. The teams really getting into a groove here. I’m just trusting my arm and the gameplan that coach lays out

And that arm is no joke! Over 700 yards this week with over 500 to your top two targets Caleb Collins and Jose Odom. Tell me what makes this offense so dynamic?

Dynamic players make for dynamic offenses. Jose and Caleb are two of the best in the game, but we are stacked deep all over this team. We all mesh really well together and that allows us to relax when we’re running plays. It’s like a really beautifully engineered car. Treat it well and let that engine loose!

Right now Tech is undefeated and ranked #5 in the nation. After last season where your team went 9-4 and didn’t make the ACC championship, has this years success been a surprise?

Maybe to everyone on the outside, but not to us! We knew we had it in us. Coach came in and made some big changes. It might have taken a while to sink in, but the hard work has paid off.

Bit of a loaded question here but you’re the first repeat offensive player of the week winner of 2024 and currently #2 in the Heisman odds behind Notre Dame QB Izaah Plawecki. What do you think of your chances to win college football’s highest individual honor? 

Phew, that question might as well be a baked potato with all the fixings cuz that’s super loaded. Like I said last time, I’m just keeping the arm loose and sticking to the gameplan that coach lays out. As long as he keeps letting me, I’m going to let the ball fly. Other than that, I’m just working towards playing the best I can to help the team win one game at a time.

Well thank you for your time again, and who knows I might be interviewing you again soon! Before I leave any last words?

I hope I see more of you because that means our team is winning games! 

To Hell with Georgia! Quick shoutout to all the cybersecurity experts that slid in my DMs last time. I aced my Advanced Cryptography project with the advice I was given. My professor saw the last interview and told me to not publicly ask for help again… So, I’ll refrain from asking for homework help this time

Week 4 Defensive Player of the Week

DE Matt Roberts, #13 ARK, 5 Tackles, 4 TFLs, 4 Sacks in a 34-45 L vs #2 Tennessee

e629b05f-d7fb-4cdc-99e4-3f2a9f75ca91-13_

Congratulations on being named the national Defensive Player of the Week! How did it feel to receive such an honor?

Thank you! It’s truly an honor to be recognized at the national level. I’ve worked hard to improve my skills, and this award validates that effort. But honestly, I’m more focused on helping our team win games. Individual accolades are great, but victories matter most.

Let’s talk about that game against Tennessee. You had 5 tackles, 4 TFLs, and 4 sacks. What was going through your mind during those plays?

It was intense out there. Our defense knew we had to disrupt their offense, and I just tried to execute my assignments. The tackles and TFLs were about reading the play, getting off blocks, and making plays in the backfield. And those sacks? Well, that’s all about relentless pursuit and teamwork. My teammates set me up, and I finished the job.

How has your experience at Arkansas been so far?

It’s been incredible. The coaching staff, my teammates—they’ve all welcomed me with open arms. The Razorback community is passionate, and I feel right at home. Plus, the SEC is a whole different level of competition. Every game is a battle, and I thrive on that challenge.

Looking ahead, what are your goals for the rest of the season?

First and foremost, I want to help our team win. We’ve got tough opponents ahead, and I’ll keep giving my all. Personally, I aim to improve every week—whether it’s refining my technique, studying opponents, or mentoring younger players. And hey, if more awards come my way, I won’t complain!

This article written with the help of @ATonOfLaw

Week 0 POTWs - RB Jose Kelly, AUB / DE Luke Brown, MUR

Week 1 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Ethan Diaz, COLO

Week 2 POTWs - RB Ramon Mahomes, UTST / DE Kevin Casilla, NCST

Week 3 POTWs - QB Travis Knebel, BAYL / ILB Ketel Mejia, JMU

• Like 1
  • Football 1