Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Week 3 POTW

Week 3 Offensive Player of the Week

QB Travis Knebel, #1 Baylor, 15 of 21 for 292 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT, 13 carries for 158 yards, 2 TD in a 68-25 W vs #11 West Virginia

usa_today_17202139.jpg

Travis, congratulations on being named the Offensive Player of the Week! Your performance against West Virginia was nothing short of spectacular. How did you prepare for this game?

Thank you! Preparation is key for us. We spent a lot of time studying film and understanding their defense. Our coaches put together a great game plan, and we executed it well. It’s all about teamwork.

With a stat line of 15 completions on 21 attempts for 292 yards, 4 touchdowns, and 1 interception, plus 13 carries for 158 yards and 2 more touchdowns, what was going through your mind during the game?

Honestly, I was just focused on each play. I trust my training and my teammates immensely. When you’re in the zone, you don’t really think about the stats – you just play the game you love.

That 68-25 win over West Virginia was impressive. What does this victory mean for you and the team?

It’s a huge win for us, especially against a tough team like West Virginia. It shows the hard work we’ve put in, and it sets a tone for the rest of the season. We’re just going to keep pushing and improving every week.

Your dual-threat capability was on full display. Is there a particular aspect of your game that you feel has improved the most this season?

I’ve been working on my decision-making, especially under pressure. Being able to read the defense quickly and make the right call is something I’ve focused on, and it’s paying off.

Lastly, any message for the Baylor fans out there?

To all the Baylor fans, your support means the world to us. Keep bringing that energy, and we’ll keep giving our all on the field. Go Bears!

Week 3 Defensive Player of the Week

ILB Ketel Mejia, JMU, 6.5 Tackles, 2.5 TFLs, 2 Sacks, 2 INT in a 17-10 W vs Wake Forest

Word_Landan_122119_Weber_113.JPG

Ketel, huge game in a 17-10 win against Wake Forest. You were everywhere 6.5 Tackles, 2.5 TFLs, 2 Sacks, 2 INT, what led to this strong defensive showing?

Preparation, man. We’ve watched a ton of tape ahead of this game and with us not kicking off until week 2, it meant we had additional time to prep. I felt like I was seeing the game different in the 4th, managed to get a good read on what Wake were trying to do, just wish I didn’t stumble on my second pick as I was taking that to the crib too.

You were a one man wrecking crew as JMU took down the reigning ACC champions. What does this win mean to JMU and all of Harrisonburg as a whole?

It’s huge for us dawgs. Bridgeforth is a fortress, ain’t no one wana come to Harrisonburg and play us here. We took down Bama last year and now Wake, the fans are loud and the team just wants it, man. 
And it’s special for me too, I didn’t see the field last year and now I’m in my final season, I want to show the world what I’ve got. 

Being a 2 star out of Tallahassee to winning National Defensive Player of the Week. Talk through your journey for fans that may not know you.

I’m blessed, man. Just a man who loves hard work, I don’t care about no stars, no recruit rankings, I just want to be better than I was yesterday, everyday. 

Football is everything to me, getting recruited to JMU and competing in FCS playoff football a was truly a dream come true, I didn’t think it could get much better but now I’m out here winning National awards… jeeeeez, I’m truly blessed.

And it’s due to your hard work man! JMUs an exciting place to be right now, what is this teams goals for your season individually and as a team?

We want to run the SunBelt, we pissed off from last season man. Aside from the Alabama game, we didn’t have the year we wanted… We got disrespected a lot by the media, telling us ‘we ain’t good enough’, ‘we shoulda stayed in FCS’, we just wana prove those people wrong and for me, I just want to help the team do that, 1 national award is a good start but I ain’t finished and neither is JMU.

Thanks for your time Ketel. Before I leave, do you have any shout outs?

Anytime, man. 
Shoutout to my defense, to my team, my coaches and my family back home in Tallahasse. Also, shoutout to JMU nation, man. Thank you for the award, forever grateful.

This article was written with the help of @JC.

Week 0 POTWs - RB Jose Kelly, AUB / DE Luke Brown, MUR

Week 1 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Ethan Diaz, COLO

Week 2 POTWs - RB Ramon Mahomes, UTST / DE Kevin Casilla, NCST

• Like 3