Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

alexfall862's Semi-Frequent Somewhat Relevant Questions | Week 3

Last Week

PAC-2 Revenge Tour?

Oddly enough it was Wazzu's efficient passing attack that helped put them over a fiesty Wyoming squad, while Oregon State laid an egg against a solid SDSU squad.

Can a Dead Wildcat Bounce?

I think the verdict is in: Kentucky's defense is mega bad. It's going to haunt them all season.

Will O'Koyea Keep it Going?

Kind of? Definitely not all-world results this week, with a couple of picks, but 11ypa is still pretty monstrous. TE Jose Odom continues to rack up the stats as well.

LSU's Big Test

This one I got kind of right as first game hiccups hit LSU with an anemic passing attack and some questionable results from their depth at RB.

This Week

Top 10: Tallahassee / Tulane. Title Tilt?

PMS vs Kelly Jarwin is a storyline to watch. The Tulane offense thrives off their star QB's play, but FSU's defense seems to have a soft spot against the run, not the pass. Both teams have played Colorado State this season, with Tulane walking away with a much more convincing victory, but FSU is no slouch of a team, despite some earlier season strategic tinkering. My bet is that FSU wins as the Tulane defense finally faces a stiff challenge and FSU can slow down PMS just enough to win.

Big Dawgs vs Big MAC: Bowling Green v Georgia. Who Wins?

Georgia is on my shortlist for playoff teams, but suffered a bit of a letdown in their gauntlet of a schedule last week, losing to a post-Maronde UCLA. That said, I'm high on UCLA, I think they're reloading this season instead of reeeling. Bowling Green has been cooking all season long behind a strong rushing attack led by Zach Graterol. However, their defense hasn't faced a competent passing attack yet this season, with Geronimore 'statistically the worst P5 QB' Moore being their best opponent so far. My bet is UGA wins in a wild shootout on the road.

Can LSU Survive Their OOC Challenge?

LSU comes off their game against USC to face Syracuse, who has one of the strongest secondaries in the entire league, both in terms of talent and on-field results. So far they've only given up a completion percentage of ~30% and 150 yards passing. They have yet to give up a passing touchdown. Will that sustain itself against LSU, who is at least a mediocre passing attack, or will LSU finally catch a break in their schedule? I think LSU gets tripped up again in the swamp as their passing attack struggles to keep the chains moving.

Battle for UM?

Michigan and Miami face off in a fight between two name brand programs that have hit hard times in the last couple of seasons. Michigan is on a bit of an upswing, with Bobo Sims kind of putting something together after surviving the 15 person cage match that is the Michigan QB room. Miami meanwhile has had some slow starts this season, including dropping a game to FIU, while arguably turning it around with a much more convincing win against UCF the following week. Miami has the home field, but Michigan has the better QB (barely). Michigan wins narrowly despite Bobo Sims maintaining a 1:1 TD to INT ratio as Miami's offense sputters and can't keep up with the explosive plays from Michigan's passing attack, nor can they take advantage of their turnovers.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1