Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Week 2 POTW

Week 2 Offensive Player of the Week

RB Ramon Mahomes, UTST, 50 carries for 410 yards, 5 TD, 2 FUM, 8 receptions for 90 yards, 0 TD in a 44-31 W vs UTAH

1a0b13a0d48f45b799e07d60cb334843.jpg?w=2

Ramon, great game last week in an instate battle against Utah. You went completely bananas in that game, tell me how did you feel after time expired and you were just standing on that field?

I felt a lot of adrenaline and happiness after that game. As I was able to get 5 Touchdowns in a game and not just any game, a rivalry game which makes this feeling even better, it made me feel so many emotions since this was my first year of being the starter at Utah State. I wanted to make a statement to everyone watching that I am not someone to underestimate and mostly I wanted to prove that being redshirted was the right move of mine to make.

It was an incredible performance. You also had an incredible 50 carries! How did that work load feel on your shoulders?

I definitely feel a little sore after that game. haha. But that's what keeps me going if I don't feel like I've done everything that I can in game like being sore after getting so many carries, I do not feel like I had a good game. I wanted coach to give me next week off after feeling the soreness, but since we have a big matchup in Madison this upcoming week, I knew I wouldn't get that break.

You're playing with some really talented players on this offense. How did it feel to be trusted by your coach to win last week's game ahead of some of your teammates in terms of touches?

It was awesome to be trusted by coach as I did not think I would be doing that well. The game prior I didn't do as good as I did this week. So being able to be the main priority player in this game was a feeling I'll never forget and am hoping this feeling stays with not only me but others on the team. On our offense we don't have one person who is the best on the team as we have a lot of variety and no one is a ball hogger as coach does not like that and wants this team to play as a team. Also, as there is myself and Clagget on this team who touch the ball running wise it was great to see how I would do when coach informed me on being the main runner for the team and am hoping I continue this hot streak as the season goes on.

Going forward, what are your goals for the rest of this season, individually and as a team?

My goals individually would be to be in the top 15 RBs, obtain an 1,000 rush yard season, get 15-20 rushing TDs, and not have over 10 fumbles on the season. As a team, make it to the Mountain West conference championship, obtain at least 7 wins since we've gotten 6 wins the past two seasons, make another bowl game so the streak of going to a bowl every year continues, and overall average 30 points a game.

Thanks Ramon. Before I let you go, any last comments?

Yeah, Aggies still run Utah and that isn't going to change anytime soon. Also, Mountain West better watch out we're coming for ya. Go Aggies!

Week 2 Defensive Player of the Week

DE Kevin Casilla, NCST, 11 Tackles, 5 TFLs, 4 Sacks in a 21-31 L vs WASH

STATEND22-090923-EDH.jpg

Kevin, congrats on winning national defensive player of the week! Incredible performance, 11 tackles, 5 TFLs, 4 sacks, what led to such a dominant performance?

Honestly, I just believed in myself.  I saw their weakness, I had my team around me doing their thing.  We were able to attack and I was able to make an impact.  All that matters is that we still were not able to get it done.  Just gotta keep working.

While it was an elite performance for you, the Washington Huskies still came out of that game with the win. What was the feeling like in the locker room after the game?

Somber for sure.  We were the visiting team, we put up a fight, but we weren't able to finish the story.  We have our first home game next week, I trust in us to take the momentum we have and dominate even harder this time.

Heading into the season, this Wolf Pack defense was seen as potentially one of the better ones in the country, with yourself, CB Charvarius Forbes, and DT Jordan Sims all looking great during spring and fall camp. What is the current leadership on the defensive side of the field like as you try to keep the heads up for younger stars like SS Darren Banks and DT James Davis?

We're a tight unit.  We spend time as a team to make sure we are teaching what we know to our younger players.  If we all are able to  play at our best, we will all be successful.  We all try to work together and make sure we put up more wins on the board rather than letting the team down.

As you start heading into the meat of your ACC play, what are the expectations you have for this season individually and as a team?

We just try to take it one game at a time.  No matter what, we always are going into every game thinking we are going to win.  We want to get things done.  Even if we aren't favored by anyone else, we go into every game expecting to fight hard, and expect to win.  Just need to put the work in to meet those expectations.  For me, I want to prove my talent, and show why we are not able to be ignored, why we have the talent.

Thank you for your time Kevin! Before I leave anything you want to say to the fans?

Go Red and White! 

This article was written with the help of @Ewade and @Dean

Week 0 POTWs - RB Jose Kelly, AUB / DE Luke Brown, MUR

Week 1 POTWs - QB O'Koyea Landrum, GT / DE Ethan Diaz, COLO

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

410 Yards is insane, what a game

Kevin Casilla did everything in his power to win. Feel for that dude

• Like 1
  • Sad 1