Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Week 1 POTW

Week 1 Offensive Player of the Week

QB O'Koyea Landrum, #19 GT, 43 of 58 for 841 yards, 6 TD, 1 INT in a 48-24 W vs MINN

usatsi_17917223.jpg

O’Koyea a monster performance against Minnesota this past week. Over 800 yards passing. What’s led to this huge jump from last year to this year?

It was an exciting game, but the production has always been there. I think the difference is the team feels like it’s settled into place this year. Coach came in during the middle of last season. Now that we’ve had a full offseason to put the work in with him, everyone knows their part.

You’ve formed a tremendous connection with your receivers, especially tight end Jose Odom and wide receiver Caleb Collins. Talk me through how you guys get along off the field and on the field

Our whole team is really tight. I think coaching changes can kind of do that for a team. But Jose and Caleb are my best buds. We’re always hanging out together. To tell you the truth, I think most of our time is spent throwing stuff at each other. If it’s not a football, it’s a frisbee or a baseball. Those two are like good hunting dogs. If you throw something in their general direction, they’ll catch it

That’s great to hear! You have been one of the surprises of the season through one game with talks of Heisman already abounding around the country. What is your reaction to all the noise?

I’d be lying if I didn’t say it was pretty cool, but I truly try to block out all of that noise. Coach likes us to have a good time and enjoy what we can, but he always reminds us to stick to the program. I’m moving on to Ole Miss.

I’ll just say this… I’ll be sure my arm is loose and ready to let it fly again this weekend.

I know it’s early, but what are your personal expectations for yourself and this team for the season?

My expectations are that I’m going to give everything I’ve got to this team. I expect -and already know- the team to do the same for me. Besides that, I can’t make any predictions. We faced Ole Miss in the bowl game last year, and that was an exciting game. We’ve got to be prepared to hit them hard this weekend and not make any mistakes.

Well thank you for your time O’Koyea, before I leave do you have any last comments?

To Hell With Georgia! And if anyone knows anything about Advanced Cryptography, hit me up. I’ve got my first major project of the year coming up for that class, and ya boy could use all the help he can get.

Week 1 Defensive Player of the Week

DE Ethan Diaz, COLO, 8 Tackles, 5 TFLs, 3 Sacks, 1 Safety in a 42-35 W vs #13 WASH

WQOUWCKBQOCPQYG.20150826153545.jpg

Ethan huge win over a ranked Washington team this past week. You were dominant on the defensive line, how did your practice translate to the play on the field?

This season, to increase my versatility, Coach has me playing inside at the 3-tech a bit more, so my practice reps inside have given me a different outlook on rushing when I move outside the tackles. It’s been fun to throw my weight around with guards and centers too.

You’re one of the top defensive ends in the nation, and many say your strength is your calling card. How does your physical strength help your game?

I'm trying to add some speed and finesse moves to my pass rush game, but whether I'm setting the edge in run defense, or getting a solid bull rush on a tackle, I feel comfortable using my legs and core strength. I've just always had a thick body. What can I say: big is sexy!

Going up against Jon Fitts and the Colorado offense every week at practice, what do you think about those guys on the other side of the ball?

Man, that offense is so young, and so talented. Fitts, he gets the ball out so quick, and we can't seem to get a hand on him in the pass rush. They can score points, and its on us as a defense to step up and continue to improve our shut down game.

Going into the rest of the season, what are your expectations for yourself and your team?

I'm working my butt off to make sure our DLine can continue to be terrors on opposing quarterbacks, so I'm hopeful we can keep improving all year. We feel like we've got a chance against everyone--even Baylor and TCU--so why not CU for a Playoff spot? As for myself, the team's success will keep me in people's minds, so I'm not worried about what happens with Draft. Who doesn't need a tough-as-nails DEnd to block up the run? Definitely worth a 1st round pick haha. 

Thanks for your time Ethan! Before I leave any shout outs?

Shout out to old PAC-12 brothers, keep ballin', y'all. Shout out to Alcides Holden...we comin' for you! 😉

This article written with the help of @ATonOfLaw and @Bingo415

Week 0 POTWs - RB Jose Kelly, AUB / DE Luke Brown, MUR

• Like 2
  • Fire 1