Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Aggieland Book Report: Week 2 - Baylor Bears

image.thumb.png.f63e4d3c13bcedf142a3854420652e87.png

Texas A&M is UNDEFEATED! Let's keep it ROLLING!

After a great start to the year this past week against Fresno State, the Aggies are going to take on a potential title favorite in the Baylor Bears. But even after watching the team's victory last week...we still don't know anything about football. So once again we decided to get a "scouting" report ready for our upcoming opponent. Keep in mind we DID win, so clearly doing these scouting re- sorry, "scouting" reports has helped the team. And we don't even have to travel far this week since the game is a couple hours' drive from College Station. So, let's get started!

Waco, Texas

Waco, TX Lice Removal & Treatment | Hero Lice Clinics

Also known as: THE WORST CITY IN THE WORLD

Author's Note: Ok, we will get into the normal stuff in a second, but I wanted to step outside of the bit for a second to talk. I think I am a decent human being, capable of being open minded to new ideas, new cultures etc. I love to learn about new things and experience new places. I think I tend to have a more positive outlook on things than the normal person. I think I am very humble.

With all that being said............Waco is far and away the worst city in America, in the world, and in the whole f****** universe. I. Hate, Waco. Texas. I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I HATE IT! I've been there for, all told, maybe a couple days total, and everything about this place is what is wrong with humanity. The people here live fake lives, and they worship a couple that is quirky because they like to say "shiplap" a lot. I don't want to get into religion here, but I'll just say the hypocrisy is off the bleeping charts. And don't even get me started on the one event that Waco is known for (and that there are STILL PEOPLE THAT DEFEND THAT PERSON). So, when I go on to talk about the things to do in Waco, as I am contractually obligated to do by TripAdvisor, what I really want to tell you is that there is only one thing to do in Waco: Leave as fast as you can.

/end rant

What is a "Waco"? - In a basic sense, the epitome of hell on Earth. In an etymology sense, the term derives from the type of Wichita Indian tribe that first lived in the area, who were known as the "Waco". If you're wondering "were these natives forced out of their encampments violently" you already know the answer is yes!

Where is this "Waco"? - In a basic sense, too close to College Station. In a geographical sense, it is a bit NE of the center of Texas and sits almost halfway between Dallas and Austin. The city covers about 95 sq miles, of which 11 are covered in water. In a latitudinal/longitudinal sense it sits at 31°33'5" North, 97°9'21" West.

Why is "Waco" a thing? - In a basic sense, to create sin. In a historical sense, the land was on the Brazos River, and so naturally any body of water will lead to people wanting to settle there. The town started to grow rapidly when they built the first bridge over the Brazos in 1870, as this led to cattle herds now having a much easier path to navigate (should they choose to pay the bridge toll). It wasn't long after this that Waco got its own stop on the railways. And, unfortunately, we do have to give Waco one good thing: In 1885, at Morrison's Old Corner Drug Store, the soft drink Dr. Pepper was created.

Who is in "Waco"? - In a basic sense, heathens. In a not-hating sense, a 2022 estimated census report shows that about 143k people live here, making it the 24th most populous city in Texas. In a demographical sense, it is the main city a part of the Waco metropolitan statistical area, which has an estimated population of 304k as of 2023. According to that 2020 Census, 42% of the population is white non-Hispanic, 31.7% are Hispanic or Latino, and 19.4% are Black or African American (non-Hispanic). 

Top 5 Things To Do in Waco (Sponsored by TripAdvisor)

Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum – Homes In Waco Texas

Besides, you know, leaving

• #5 - Valley Mills Vineyards - Technically this is not in Waco but in Valley Mills (which in this author's opinion adds to the appeal), however it is close enough to the city that is worth going to. Make fine wines from 100% Texas-grown grapes and enjoy some wine tasting tours as well. Or you can skip the whole thing and just buy the wine online. 
  • #4 - Dr. Pepper Museum (a 2023 Travelers' Choice Award Winner!) - As mentioned previously, Dr. Pepper was created in Waco, and this is a museum dedicated to the history of the product and the company. Dr. Pepper is the nation's oldest major soft drink, and this building has 3 floors with regularly changing exhibits. Experiences (which are an additional charge) include Make a Soda, Taste a Soda, PARANORMAL EXPERIENCE (???) and Extreme Pepper Experience. GA Tickets are $10 and you get a free soda with each ticket. I hope they have Pepsi!
  • #3 - Cameron Park Zoo - Zoos are cool. This one is no exception. 52 acres of land not far from downtown, Cameron Park has more than 1700 animals representing 300+ different species. They have a penguin exhibit coming soon, so that's pretty hype given that penguins are the best animal. 
  • #2 - Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum (a 2023 Travelers' Choice Award Winner!) - No, this is not about the baseball team. This is about the actual Texas Rangers and their history. Opened 60 years ago as the first law enforcement historical center in the US, the Museum has many artifacts and exhibits documenting the entire history of the Rangers (picture above is by the entrance of the museum). Again, there are no references to the baseball team.
  • #1 - Waco Mammoth National Monument (a 2023 Travelers' Choice Award Winner!) - There are MAMMOTHS in TEXAS?!?!? No, but there used to be! Columbian mammoths roamed what is present-day Texas thousands of years ago. The records of these fossils remain the only recorded evidence of a nursery herd of ice age Columbian mammoths in the United States. At this National Park, tourists can view the remains of some of the fossil specimens that remain in their original state when they were found (some of the fossils discovered were transferred to Baylor for scientific studies). As far as I know, Ray Ramono has not paid a visit yet.

Baylor University

Baylor Undergraduate Academic Programs, Experiences Move Up in 2023 U.S.  News Best Colleges Rankings | Media and Public Relations | Baylor University

A University with 0 known controversies, what a rarity!

Baylor University is Private Baptist Christian research University in Waco. The University was chartered in 1845 by the last Congress of the Republic of Texas and is the oldest continuously operating University in the state and was one of the first institutions to open west of the Mississippi. The original location was in Independence, TX, a town closer to Houston that now only has a population of 140 people. The University moved to Waco in 1885. Enrollment is approximately 16k, with an acceptance rate of 46%. In 2023 U.S. News & World Report has Baylor as the 93rd best University in the U.S. Other papers like Forbes rank Baylor much lower, usually sub-250. Its motto is "For Church, For Texas". Fun fact! The University does not officially recognize any LGBTQ+ clubs, so that's a very cool thing for a college to do IN 2024.

NOTABLE ALUMNI:

Robert Griffin III, Heisman Winner

Angela Kinsey, that tight-ass Christian chick, the blonde

Jeff Dunham, Dummy

Honorable Mention: Willie Nelson, who studied "Agriculture" for 3 years before dropping out. Legend.

The Baylor Bears

Baylor Bears - Wikipedia

B U more like P U!

Why Bears? - In 1914, Baylor students voted on the Bears to be the official "Patron Saint of all Baylordom". The first live bear arrived on campus in 1917 as a gift from soldiers at Camp MacArthur. Each live bear mascot since is given the honorary title of "Judge" in honor of the school's founder Judge R.E.B Baylor. Baylor currently has 2 new cubs as their mascots, Judge Indy and Judge Belle.

Two American black bear cubs running in a green grass field

Live look at the Cubs trying to make a desperate escape out of Waco

Sports? - Yes. Baylor sponsors 17 different sports, including golf, tennis, cross country/track, a title winning basketball program for men's and women's teams, and a title contender in the sport of....

FOOTBALL!

BaylorProud » McLane Stadium set for 10th season of Baylor Football

Stupid sexy stadium

The House -  McLane Stadium

The Cap - 45,140

The Field - Matrix Turf

The Name - Named in 2013 after Drayton McLane Jr., a business magnate and Baylor alumnus who was the main bankroller in the stadium's construction. 

Extra Curriculars? - Almost none. Occasionally hosts the usual concert or church gathering, you know, normal football stadium stuff.

IN CONCLUSION

BaylorProud » Baylor again among Big 12's top 2, Texas' top 5 in U.S. News  rankings

Baylor University is a university located in the worst town ever. The Aggies will go into enemy territory and give the potential #1 team in the nation their second loss of the season (their first loss being in Waco).

• Love 2

2 hours ago, VerifiedThing said:

Baylor Undergraduate Academic Programs, Experiences Move Up in 2023 U.S.  News Best Colleges Rankings | Media and Public Relations | Baylor University

Lowkey these photos take me back to my college days at Baylor. Thank you for the write up!

• Like 1