Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Week 0 POTW

Week 0 OPOTW

RB Jose Kelly, AUB, 11 carries for 156 yards, 3 TD, 2 receptions for 48 yards, 1 TD in a 44-24 W vs Marshall

usatsi_13733176.jpg

Jose, congratulations on being named National Offensive Player of the Week! How does it feel to receive such an honor?

Thank you! It’s truly an honor, but I have to give credit to my offensive line and my teammates. Without their hard work and dedication, those yards and touchdowns wouldn’t have been possible. It’s a team effort, and I’m grateful to be part of this incredible group.

You had an explosive rushing performance today. What was going through your mind during those long runs?

Honestly, it’s all about staying focused and trusting my instincts. When I see a gap, I hit it. The offensive line did an outstanding job creating openings, and I just followed their lead. As a running back, you have to be patient and seize the opportunities when they come. Today, everything clicked, and I’m thrilled with the outcome.

Your 43 yard receiving touchdown was a highlight of the game. Can you walk us through that play?

Absolutely! We had been setting up the screen pass throughout the game, and on that play, the defense bit hard so I could slip out on a wheel route. Our quarterback, Nick Akoon-Purcell, delivered a perfect pass, and I just had to catch it and sprint to the end zone. The crowd went wild, and I couldn’t be happier.

Auburn is now 1-0 in the season. What are your thoughts on the team’s performance so far?

We’re definitely off to a great start, but we can’t get complacent. Every game is a new challenge, and we need to stay focused. Our goal is to win the SEC championship and make a strong playoff push. The camaraderie in this team is incredible, and I believe we have what it takes to achieve our goals.

Any message for the Auburn fans who cheered you on today?

To the Auburn family, thank you for your unwavering support. We feel your energy on the field, and it motivates us to give our best. Keep believing in us, and we’ll continue to fight for victory every week.

Week 0 DPOTW

DE Luke Brown, MUR, 8.5 Tackles, 5 TFLs, 4 Sacks in a 5-0 W vs The Citadel

11_16_19APSU_stahl3.jpg

Luke, your performance against The Citadel was nothing short of spectacular. How do you prepare for a game to ensure you’re at your best?

Thanks. Preparation is key. I spend a lot of time studying film, understanding the opponent’s offense, and identifying their weaknesses. Our coaches always have a solid game plan, and my teammates and I trust the process. We work hard in practice, and when game day comes, it’s all about execution.

With 4 sacks in a single game, you’ve set a new standard for defensive ends. What goes through your mind when you’re closing in on the quarterback?

It’s an adrenaline rush, for sure. My focus is on getting to the quarterback and disrupting the play. I rely on my training, my technique, and the moment takes care of itself. When you see that opening, you have to take it. Today, those opportunities came my way, and I’m glad I could capitalize on them.

Your team managed to keep The Citadel scoreless. How significant is this shutout for the team’s morale?

It’s huge. A shutout is a testament to our defense’s strength and unity. We pride ourselves on being tough to score against, and today’s performance reinforces that. It’s a morale booster for sure, and it gives us confidence moving forward.

As a senior, how do you view your role on the team, especially when it comes to mentoring younger players?

Being a senior comes with responsibility. I see myself as a leader and a mentor. It’s important to set a good example, both on and off the field. I try to guide the younger guys, share my experiences, and help them develop their skills. We’re a family here, and we support each other.

Finally, what message would you like to share with the Murray State fans who have supported you throughout your career?

To all the fans, your support means everything to us. Hearing you cheer us on gives us an extra boost, and we play our hearts out for you. Keep believing in us, and we’ll keep fighting for every win.

This article written with the help of Microsoft Copilot

• Like 1