Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Redshirt Position Changes

Hi!  It's me again with another suggestion :) lol

It would be cool if we had the option to "designate" a position that a player taking a redshirt could learn, so that coming off the shirt they would have that position (similar to playing it all season). 

For example - I have a receiving RB - I could designate WR as the position they learn/practice.  So after progressions they would have RB/WR as their new position (or however the OOP will look once they progress)

I think this will be a good roster building tool - if a freshman is recruited to play a specific OOP - they could learn that position during their redshirt instead of taking the redshirt and then playing a season OOP (or even 2 if they aren't starting). I think this is a realistic scenario - players will often take on a position swap during their redshirt year. 

I like this idea but it seems too strong to me at first glance. Everyone would redshirt 15 guys and assign all of them a secondary position, with no downside. Maybe a limit on how many players you could do this with (only 1-3 a year?). 

Yeah - a limit would make sense!  I'm not sure the best way to implement something like this, but right now with the relative ability level of recruits - unless it's a player that is starting right away.. You could be looking at 3 seasons for a redshirt to get a new position (the redshirt year and 2 backup seasons)..  That feels like too long of a process imo.  

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It would make more sense that you can change a player position to one similar or near it positionally with penalities of course. Offensive line to DL, OT to maybe TE. LB to S, RB to WR, etc. The year in school might be able to affect the transition - incoming freshman who you red shirt might adapt to the newer position more effectively than changing a (JR) to a new position that isn't closely aligned to current position. This change could also have some sort of effect on morale or work ethic too