Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Tsweezy Preseason Top-25 Poll

Well I might as well do a quick writeup to justify my initial poll (and laugh at the end of the year with how wrong I was). Without Further Ado:

#1: Baylor

Yeah this isn't a hot take. I firmly believe Knebel is the best player in the country, Baylor has the best team in the country (3rd in my talent rating), and they got a gut check from Penn State in the spring that will show them what they need to focus on for the defense. Offense is unstoppable though. 

#2: Kentucky (2nd talent rank)

This is a tough projection without seeing any spring games. However I think Oliveros is basically Knebel-light and the rest of the team could be even better than Baylors. They have a legit championship shot if they can find the right schemes and they have a manageable opening slate to figure that out.

#3: Bowling Green (4th talent rank)

I will pretend this most recent spring game just didn't happen because it's completely inexplicable. They looked great their other games while resting starters, they've got a damn fine coach, and an extremely well-rounded team. I can see them being in the natty this year and watching the UGA matchup will be a treat.

#4: Georgia (5th talent rank)

I'm drinking the Will Outman koolaid. They dragged 3 pretty solid teams and the WRs look scary as does the DL. The hiccup is the secondary so I do think they could end up dropping a surprise game or two (and their schedule is ungodly difficult) but Sarge is a good coach to work around that

#5: Houston (13th talent rank)

Very very slept on for a team that consistently has been overachieving on the field and on the trail. I think they've been getting better each game and the matchup against Baylor as the last regular season game will be absolutely monstrous.

#6: Tennessee (7th talent rank)

Yeah this is my team. I think we can be top-10 this year, Savage is fucking amazing. Sue me.

#7: Florida State (9th talent rank)

They've constantly been so good but since Howard left haven't ignited that next level. This season at least they don't have Tennessee in the OOC so if they can survive the UNC - GT 2 week stretch they can take home the ACC. Keep an eye on a potential Jarwin - Colt QB controversy

#8: Tulsa (1st talent rank)

I do have Tulsa slipping a little bit after spring. They may have the most raw talent but it doesn't seem like it's perfectly tailored to any particular scheme. They did just dog Stanford though so maybe they're figuring it out and will rise back up.

#9: LSU (8th talent rank)

They've got a ton of talent and I hear Jambo is not a half bad coach. This is total projection because I know very little about LSU except that they dodge the top 3 SEC teams this year so it should be a prime opportunity to make it to the SEC CG.

#10: Georgia Tech (15th talent rank)

This is a top-10 team for one reason: Landrum. Dude is an absolute monster and if he gets fed he's nigh impossible to stop. They can win shootouts and the defense is good enough that they won't often have to. The Florida State and Georgia games loom large for them.

#11: West Virginia (68th talent rank)

Homer pick a bit since I played them and took a stinger. That offense looks damn good and Smackemz is an elite coach so until I actually see them lose I'm going to keep sliding them up. Plus they just put up the most points in sim history (albeit an FCS team) so that has to count for something.

#12: Penn State (37th talent rank)

Up and down spring, beating Baylor and UNLV but getting skunked by Navy is a wild resume. I think they're still a QB away from being a legit championship contender but they can scare the hell out of everybody.

#13: Wisconsin (12th talent rank)

That DL is absolutely terrifying. They played some tight spring games but I'm chalking it up to experimentation and am sure they'll be firing on all cylinders when the season starts.

#14: Texas State (6th talent rank)

They beat defending runner-ups TCU in spring and the hardest game on their schedule is against Arkansas so I have a feeling we'll be seeing Texas State back in the playoffs this season.

#15: UNLV (17th talent rank)

Another team quietly acquiring talent. They went a shocking 0-3 in spring but that doesn't necessarily mean much. USC week 1 will be a fun test and my own personal referendum on whether I think they can crack the playoffs this season.

#16: Texas A&M (22nd talent rank)

They've got good talent, avoid UGA/TENN/UKEN on the schedule and have a coach again (right?). That OOC game against Baylor is gonna be tough but conference pride, SEC >>>

#17: Maryland (29th talent rank)

Isaiah Lewis is finally coming into his own. They nearly picked off Florida State and have the talent to hang with most teams and if Lewis gets his X-factor could make some noise in the Big 10 this year.

#18: Western Michigan (30th talent rank)

Trying to get back to the mountain top post-Scribner. They looked great in the spring and I think OG Torres has won the starting job. As usual it's going to be BGSU - WMU to decide the MAC.

#19: Notre Dame (28th talent rank)

I just think they have an underrated roster with a great QB. They were just in the playoff and have one more year before falling apart. 

#20: Kansas (23rd talent rank)

They were finding their rhythm in the spring and Casspi looks phenomenal. Just don't let Summers and Steel screw it up and they could see 9 wins this year.

#21: UCLA (39th talent rank)

I think they take a sizable step back without Hiram but this squad and coaching staff still deserve to be ranked. Always dangerous

#22: Michigan (18th talent rank)

They had a meme-y QB room but don't let that fool you, I think Michigan can pull out some good wins and has a bright future ahead.

#23: Minnesota (19th talent rank)

Bit of a B1G run here. This is my shot in the dark at a surprise ranked team.

#24: Washington State (36th talent rank)

They have a terrific ground game + David Ross. Kind of a tough schedule but could be a dark horse.

#25: Utah State (64th talent rank)

Vic Telis can really elevate this team and while I don't think they're a top dog,  I do think they deserve a shout-out to close out the rankings.

#130: Vanderbilt Delenda Est

Edited by tsweezy
  • Like 4
  • Fire 1