Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Spring/Preseason Games NewSim Feedback

@Sarge including screenshot to help legibility of issue.

Ideas:
- Seems like maybe Khan caught it at the 1, fumbled on the 16, and it was a scoop and score for the Panthers but didn't get the defensive score captured correctly?
- Khan actually returned it 99, not 16 yards?
- IDK?!?!

image.thumb.png.259e0f7899de28db061ae4b554c249e2.png@

I set Michael Carter's FB carries to 10, 

We ran 10 run plays from formations with a FB in them at he got 0 carries despite having a 2:1 advantage on distribution compared to the halfbacks, who split carries evenly across the game,

Not sure if this is an issue with Cater being listed as RB3 and getting a 0 on weights there (is it overwriting the FB position weighting for him?). Ideally I'd like to get him into a 20% RB carries and 100% FB carries situation, with around 15 carries a game, but the inputs seem completely borked atm. 

image.png.137dc8b06554b932997e171b88ca7947.png
image.png.47085f53c7b0bc0323c7b44093ee521e.png

EDIT: upon further examination 9 of the 11 sacks happened after our starting LG was injured in the 3rd quarter. We had the backup set as the starting RG so I assume the sim just picked someone horrible like the punter to play instead (similar to how DTs are returning punts in blowouts). I guess I'm still curious who got selected but that would make a lot more sense than any of what I posited below (unless anyone else has an issue which I'll keep it up for)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of sacks, can I get a refresher on how those are calculated OR a ballpark of how badly run blocking OL are hurt being in a pass blocking scheme?

These 3 defensive players combined for 9.5 sacks in our game

LE David Eck - 75 speed, 76 strength, 60 pass rush
RE Philip Wilcox - 83 speed, 84 strength, 88 pass rush
DT Lance Nguyen - 45 speed, 65 strength, 67 pass rush

I can see Wilcox having big numbers, but Eck and Nguyen should not be as good at getting to the quarterback as Wilcox, particularly when they're going against on OL of:

92 strength, 89 pass block
90 strength, 84 pass block
86 strength, 79 pass block
94 strength, 88 pass block
85 strength, 81 pass block.

Again, Nguyen and Eck having 6 sacks in 40 plays against that line seems crazy high to me. My best guess is that this was a hot fix to try and make long passes hurt more, but I'd like to know if that was the case or if there was just some crazy set up stacked maluses somehow, or if Morrison is just uniquely the worst player in the sim at not getting sacked.

Edited by tsweezy

61 7 0 2 Minnesota Vikings 07:03   35 Minnesota Vikings Kickoff N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 0 Man Man Man 85 K Mike Tsao kicks for 65 yards. Fielded at the goalline by RB Fish Liggins. RB Fish Liggins returns the ball 15 yards.
62 7 0 2 New England Patriots 06:55 1st and 10 20 New England Patriots Pass Quick Double Tight 4-3 Heavy Quick Pass Defense 0 Man Man Man 0 QB Rashaan Lyons throws it... and it's incomplete. Pass intended for RB Jerry Lawson.

Not sure if the "fielded at the X" is just flavor but if its not, then wondering why a KR fielded at the goal line and returned 15 yards came out to the 20 (or is this an issue of the return yards being wildly off and it wasnt actually returned out of the end zone)

7 0 3 Minnesota Vikings 12:22 2nd and 4 18 New England Patriots Pass Short Singleback Gun 4-3 Base Short Run Defense 0 Man Zone Zone 3 QB Christian Sinnock throws to WR Adrian Daniels complete for 3 yards. Tackled by SS Johnny Nguyen. PENALTY: Offensive Holding. Offense. Player: OT Herman Knott. 0 yards.
86 7 0 3 Minnesota Vikings 12:05 2nd and 4 18 New England Patriots Pass Short Spread 4-3 Base Short Run Defense 0 Man Zone Zone 5 PENALTY: Illegal Shift. Offense. Player: WR Alex Williams III. -5 yards.

Im sure this has come up before but logging it for reference, Holding didn't subtract yards, was just a replay of downs/ate some clock

EDIT:

but this other holding call did work

100 7 0 3 Minnesota Vikings 06:39 2nd and 5 20 New England Patriots Run Inside Run Left Singleback Gun 4-3 Base Inside Left Pass Defense 1 Man Zone Zone 14 RB Yogi Oladipo carries for 14 yards. Tackled by ILB Ariel Calderon. PENALTY: Offensive Holding. Offense. Player: OG Mark Killough. -10 yards.
101 7 0 3 Minnesota Vikings 06:19 2nd and 15 30 New England Patriots Pass Play Action Short Singleback 4-3 Base Short Pass Defense 1 Man Zone Zone 4 QB Christian Sinnock throws to WR Alex Williams III complete for 4 yards. Tackled by OLB John Damiano.
Edited by Bundy

Play 161 had both a kickoff and a 2pt conversion in the same play? Is this related to the issue with the Hue Khan 16 yd kickoff TD and the successful 2pt conversions counting at TDs?

This is play 161 of the Week 2 Rams/Bucs game.

image.thumb.png.c0d2991c62efef7279f4c5659d2c2f77.png

Dunno if the other suggestion threads are supposed to be active - but I'd kill for a 4CB dime package in addition to my backup SS.

Base package has 4-3 and 4-3 over and it's a nice way to change things up, would be cool to have that for dime. If wrong channel, that's cool, just trying to drop it somewhere before I forget.

image.png.206edc5ae6e043c6b702197a6d6f56aa.png

1 hour ago, alexfall862 said:

Dunno if the other suggestion threads are supposed to be active - but I'd kill for a 4CB dime package in addition to my backup SS.

Base package has 4-3 and 4-3 over and it's a nice way to change things up, would be cool to have that for dime. If wrong channel, that's cool, just trying to drop it somewhere before I forget.

image.png.206edc5ae6e043c6b702197a6d6f56aa.png

What scheme is this? Part of the reason some schemes have access to some formations over others is because users will need to make meaningful choices about what they actually want to do. No one scheme should give you everything you want as there is a give and take to everything. Otherwise one scheme would become the meta.

2 hours ago, Rocketcan said:

What scheme is this? Part of the reason some schemes have access to some formations over others is because users will need to make meaningful choices about what they actually want to do. No one scheme should give you everything you want as there is a give and take to everything. Otherwise one scheme would become the meta.

Speed scheme, though I don't think 4CBs instead of 3CBs and a backup safety is at all outside of the real of possibility for any scheme.

36 minutes ago, alexfall862 said:

Speed scheme, though I don't think 4CBs instead of 3CBs and a backup safety is at all outside of the real of possibility for any scheme.

Again, the point is to force users to make decisions. Also, if you really want to run 4CBs, just put a CB at SS2.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if there is a new thread to post in but:

image.png.0e3c1cd636bcaa7b8d5078e5c8ebb867.png

image.png.23d2517ac55469d10fb077e5bf184d39.png

Looks like penalty messed with the yardage counter. FAMU-FSU Week 1

In the same spirit that how many long passes can be thrown was limited for realism - it probably makes sense to  not allow teams to pass 100% of the time or run 100% of the time.  

Even if the percentage is small (10 or something) - it would make for more realism.  Teams simply do not only pass or only run. 

30 minutes ago, smackemz said:

In the same spirit that how many long passes can be thrown was limited for realism - it probably makes sense to  not allow teams to pass 100% of the time or run 100% of the time.  

Even if the percentage is small (10 or something) - it would make for more realism.  Teams simply do not only pass or only run. 

Related to this:
I think the fix is just a change in how schemes validity is determined. Right now the pass/run/RPO % is just horizontally summing the distribution across formations. But it *seems* like the engine chooses formations based on weights, and then chooses a play based on that formation. So if you have a formation with a very high running distribution and very low weight: i.e. 

This will show up as your overall gameplan being 50% run even though you only *actually* run the ball 1% of the time. I think the calculation for gamplan %
image.png.143d339e4fe6d1e67f27c876fae15440.png

needs to just be recalculated as (sum across formations of) formation weight/100 * play distribution / total distribution. Then the reported Percentages will be accurate to what your gameplan is, and the regular enforcement of percentages by scheme should work

• Fire 1