Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

California QB Tanner Rodriguez prepared for starting job and transition to ACC

image.thumb.png.b585ec92d5fe73dcd05e677c14db4de4.png

It's a cool, breezy, spring day in Berkeley, California. California Golden Bears quarterback Tanner Rodriguez has enjoyed the Bay Area for the past four years of his college career. It's been a whirlwind for him, Touted as the future QB at Cal, his opportunity never presented itself. Then came last season. With the Golden Bears stuck at 4-5 and potentially looking at a lost season, coach Migi turned to Rodriguez in an attempt to spark a fire and save the season. That move, truly did save the season. Rodriguez led Cal to a 3-1 finish, leading them to a 7-6 record and win in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl. In that timespan, Rodriguez compiled a statline of 99/154 (64.28%), 898 yards, 5 TD 4 INT to go along with 47 carries 87 rush yards 1 TD. Now, heading into this season as a the guaranteed starter, he feels up to the task, but not comfortable.

"I've always had belief in myself," Rodriguez said. "I worked, I was patient, I knew the coaching staff trusted me and I trusted them. I really just had to continue developing my game and really get to the point where I know I can change the game and put this team in positions to win."

WIth the latest round of realignment, Cal has seen itself in a whole new beast of the ACC. How the Golden Bears perform remains to be seen. However, Rodriguez has faith and high hopes for the squad moving forward.

"This team has the pieces to win," said Rodriguez. "I know the expectations here. We want to make noise in the ACC, we believe that we're one of the best teams in the conference. We've been preparing for the season intensely, wether in the weight room, film room, offseason skill workouts. I think we can get to the ACC championship game, and a shot at the playoffs. Those are the expectations. I believe in my ability, and I believe in my team. Let's do it for the Bay."

With a big, pivotal season coming for Cal, at least the Golden Bears know they have a quarterback ready to lead them into lands unknown, and up the proverbial mountain. Exciting things ahead in Berkeley.

• Like 1