Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Bundy's Post Draft FA Mock

Today we are looking at some likely destinations of the top remaining, unsigned free agents heading into the 2024 draft. 

QB Cade Alves 72 Ovr Balanced 33yo, 11YE, New Orleans Saints

Alves has been underwhelming in New Orleans, and wanted too large of a pay day to return to the cap tight Saints, who currently roster only Ben Rivera as their QB. While I wouldn't rule out a return to NOLA if Alves were to drop his asking price, he seems much more destined for new surroundings. 

Atlanta is currently rolling into 2024 with 47M in predraft cap space and a top rostered QB of Chris Frazier, who is significantly younger than Alves but not as good "right now". If Alves is willing to drop his demands a little bit, it wouldn't surprise me to see him try to sign with the Falcons and compete with Frazier for the starting job. He's not going to get many looks, but would at least give the team a veteran presence.

QB Jan Miles 71 Ovr Balanced 33yo, 11YE, New York Giants

Unlike Alves, Jan Miles is a lot more high profile of a QB, perhaps because he went from the Commanders hype train, to being traded inside the NFC East and joining one of the largest media markets with the Giants. His year with the Giants was rocky at best, which is perhaps why he remains unsigned with no offers right now.

The 49ers are currently sitting on about 50M in predraft cap space, and while they did trade for Brandon Ramirez, can't be content with their QB room without exhausting all options. Signing Miles would make a lot of sense - he could either compete with Ramirez for the 2024 starting job, or be a solid veteran backup who helps Ramirez adjust to the starting role. No matter what, the Niners have to do something to get their highly drafted WR Fernando Thomas rolling.

WR James Berendes 77 Ovr Possession 31yo, 9YE, Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers QB Robert Corp  Morris really revitalized his career last year in part due to Berendes' veteran leadership. With the Steelers tight on cap space, Berendes had to walk to FA, but he could easily insert himself into another similar situation. The big teams to look out for here are the New York teams, as both the Giants (Lamar Johnson, Wilfredo Joseph) and Jets (Luke Trahan, Augustin Randall) employee scrambler QBs. I expect the Jets to draft another QB to throw into the mix, but they currently only have 3 WRs signed for this year, and just 1 signed beyond 2024. Adding Berendes as a solid WR2 would knock Donald Galligan to the slot, where the Jets would immediately have one of the deepest WR corps in the League. The Giants, meanwhile, also only have 3 WR signed, with WR1 being locked in as looming 2025 FA Mathew Madden, and a pair of mid-50s overall roster fodder receivers currently serving as WR2/3. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants move up with the Panthers to try to draft Paul Canha or Logan Njoku, but they also should add another vet WR to at least give them 3 main options in the receiving game. 

WR Hector Covarrubias 77 Ovr Speed 31yo, 9YE, Denver Broncos

Chicago has two solid/potentially great WRs in Richard Maguire and Jackson Freitas, but their WR3 options are underwhelming if they're trying to compete with the Rams/Commies for the NFC title. QB Gerald Lewis is facing a contract year and is already 30, so the Bears should maximize the window they have with him, and run Maguire WR1, Freitas WR2, and add Covarrubias into the slot WR role. 

WR George Boone 77 Ovr Speed 31yo, 9YE, Green Bay Packers

We're going back to San Francisco with this one. Right now the Niners top receiving options are Fernando Thomas, and 3rd year Speed WR Carlos Ramos. Whether the roll with Brandon Ramirez or a vet like Jan Miles, they need someone to elevate the WR corps, and Boone has solid potential (B+) indicating that despite his age, he should be a multi-year threat. Signing Boone could kick Ramos to the slot, where he'll have more favorable matchups. I don't think the Niners are going to compete with the Rams for the division crown, but certainly adding Boone could help make them a threat against the Seahawks, or the Cardinals who are bleeding talent/aging. 

WR Tracey Borders 75 Ovr Possession 32yo, 10YE, Kansas City Chiefs

If the Giants don't target Berendes, I think Borders is the next guy on their radar. He's bounced from Minnesota to Washington to Kansas City, but could be a reliable WR2 for Lamar Johnson/whichever other QB they would consider their starter. You're only likely getting a short term rental out of him as he's aging/declining (slowly), but he'd at least bring some sort of stability to the WR corps.

WR Christopher Richardson 75 Ovr Route Runner 32yo, 10YE, Washington Commanders

The Giants could also look at Richardson, potentially remaking the 2023 Commanders WR offseason roster of Madden/Borders/Richardson. While the rest of the division remains competent as playoff contenders, this new Big 3 in Big Blue would rise the Giants right up into the mix. 

TE George Devoe 74 Ovr Vertical Threat 31yo, 9YE, Las Vegas Raiders

Devoe was another casualty of tight cap situations as the Raiders couldn't afford to bring him back. However, a massive fit for him could be a surprising, under the radar one: the Jaguars only have 1 TE on their roster, and with underwhelming QB play of Steven Connolly and Matt Howard, running a heavy 2TE offense isn't out of question. They don't have game breaking WRs on the outside, but could run a relatively different take on offense with Devoe operating as their main receiving TE, and Glenn Lloyd taking care of blocking assignments while contributing as an option in the passing game. 

TE Michael Delucia 74 Ovr Blocking 31yo, 9YE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The League technically controlled Tampa when Delucia didn't get an extension offer, but the biggest no brainer of remaining FAs would be the Bucs reuniting with their stellar blocking TE while under new ownership. It's clear they want to keep pounding the rock. 

OT Marvin Forges 84 Ovr Run Blocking 31yo, 9YE, Arizona Cardinals

I think Forges will get the largest post-draft contract, and I expect multiple players involved in the bidding for his services. Tampa is a team that pops up again, sine their OTs are in a pretty rough spot right now with 2023 1st rounder Damien Knebel as the top OT on the roster. The Niners currently have seven OTs on roster, but need a true bookend to pair with Rubby Stewart. The Titans will be Ti-ght on cap space post-draft, but their tackles don't seem like true long term starters. But perhaps the most surprising option would be the Seattle Seahawks, who have been quiet on the FA front but should have space to secure a big play FA target. 

OT Edward Koch 79 Ovr Run Blocking 33yo, 11YE, New England Patriots

If the Niners get in on the bidding on Forges, I think its over for practically every other team. I think the Bucs cut their losses early and shift to Koch quickly, who is older but would still be a massive plug into their trenches. 

OT Preston Smith 79 Ovr Pass Blocking 32yo, 10YE, Chicago Bears

I was a bit surprised Chicago couldn't come to terms with Smith, but a team that didn't seem to be FA active could swoop in, particularly the Miami Dolphins. Miami wants to control the AFCE for a long time, and they'll need to protect Dean Hammonds if they want to keep their reputation up. Smith would immediately be the left tackle, with Michael Johnson slotting in at RT. 

OG Ronald Price 79 Ovr Run Blocking 32yo, 10YE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Price has helped anchor the Buccaneers famous rushing attack, but I don't think it's a given the Bucs land him back in Tampa. NFCS rival Atlanta lost a home grown guard in a FA battle with Minnesota, and now it's their turn to play spoiler to the Bucs reunion by bringing in Price. They for sure need a true #1 guard on the team, who better than the top remaining OG FA. 

ILB Julio Jiminez 80 Ovr Field General 31yo, 9YE, Seattle Seahawks

Julio Jiminez leaving Seattle was wild to me because he was who I think of when I think "Seahawks." I think a BIG reality is that Jiminez stays on the west coast, going to a FO who just found new life. We know @Dean loves to make his own team in his own image, but the Chargers are largely locked into a 3-4 base, and this is a chance for Dean to capitalize on what he's currently got, and pair Jiminez with 77ovr Chris Pratt, which would help cover some of the deficiencies of the Chargers DL. There aren't major contributors out there in FA for DL right now, but keeping up with the Broncos, Raiders and Chiefs requires something, and Jiminez could be it. 

CB Richard Lupo 80 Ovr Ball Hawk 33yo, 11YE, Pittsburgh Steelers

I don't think the storybook season for the Steelers coming to a close by losing some top contributors to FA ends their chapter of relevancy, but losing a guy like Lupo certainly hurts. The Panthers are committing a lot of money to the draft, and just signed Andrzej Harris to a big contract, but they can keep building their new-look secondary by signing Lupo to be CB2 or dominate in the slot. The Panthers are entering their golden era, so bringing in a vet who has been successful to show them the way would be massive. 

FS Jarred Stone 81 Ovr Zone Coverage 32yo, 10YE, Washington Commanders

This one is from left field, the Packers still have a lot of money to play with, and while they have two amazing safeties at 74 (FS) and 78 (SS) overall, could be players for Stone. Signing Stone could mean kicking FS Tim Sulton to the nickel role, which he might be better suited for as a Ball Hawk anyway, and would give Stone the commanding presence as a traditional FS, limiting Chicago's passing attack. 

FS Michael Hales 78 Ovr Man Coverage 32yo, 10YE, Miami Dolphins

I don't actually know why the Dolphins let Hales walk given their current cap space would be sufficient to both draft players and keep Hales, but what I do know is they should try to bring him back. The rival Jets have the money to swing for him, which would be a massive blow to Miami, and a massive improvement in New York. 

K John Raigoza 76 Ovr Accuracy 33yo, 11YE,  Cleveland Browns

Kickers league wide struggled last year, but one team in particular stands out as one who NEEDED solid kicking play: the Eagles. They cut their kicker partway through the year, and currently don't have one on roster. A drafted or UDFA kicker isn't what they need to ride out Aaron Pool's remaining window, so grabbing the vet keeps them in play for the NFCE, or at least, a wild card spot. Raigoza wasn't invulnerable either though, going 31/45 on FG attempts, but a post-draft contract could keep the Eagles comfortable with not overcommitting to him. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Bundy said:

TE Michael Delucia 74 Ovr Blocking 31yo, 9YE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The League technically controlled Tampa when Delucia didn't get an extension offer, but the biggest no brainer of remaining FAs would be the Bucs reuniting with their stellar blocking TE while under new ownership. It's clear they want to keep pounding the rock. 

this isn’t even wishcasting, it’s happening 

14 hours ago, tsweezy said:

You didn't mention us at all to get any of these guys?!?!

You r poor now