Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

2024 Draft WHO'S HOT WHO'S NOT?

Sarge

With focused scouting on the horizon and with Combine and Pro Day results floating around tell me (or bluff) your best guesses at draft stock risers and fallers.

We've seen Hiram Maronde go from projected #1 to now falling to the late first in some mocks. We've see OL quickly become a hot target in mocks. We've seen @Bundy delete half his mock because of hockey.

Discuss below who you think is going to be a steal or a colossal waist of a pick! Don't leave it to just the first round guys either!

I've scouted of BUNCH of players with solid Potential and a higher Overall than expected, starting with waaaaaiiiit a second... ...

In all seriousness:

• I think Maronde is being over-penalized in mocks. He's good enough to start day 1 on a needy team, and that means he'll have the playing time necessary to improve.
  • I am not sold on Hitchens as a top-10 pick. His blocking grades at the combine (7.56 // 5.44) were far from stellar
  • Kelvin Dupree (B-) posted outstanding combine numbers. Curious where he lands in a draft heavy with Receiving RBs
  • Andrew Solano's gotten a lot of attention, and the choice of him or Blake Smith as the 2nd QB off the board could come down to scheme fit. But even if he's called first I don't know if it will be in the 1st round
  • Canha is unmatched but there are some fast WRs in non-Speed archetypes available

but actually, I think Matt Siri is underrated 👀 3rd best stats as a WR this year, and his testing numbers look better than his letter grades. I think he's gonna be a steal

hot take, but I also think Solano is probably going to be looked at down the line as the best QB to come out of this draft (although I also think none of them will ever make a pro bowl)

Logan Njoku's vertical and 40 time at the combine should lock him into the top 10 imo, whereas before the combine I think he was placing in the 20s. 

QBs are "rough" but if you're a team with scramblers, you have LOTs of options. I dont think many teams are even looking at him, but Jordan Peterson ran a 4.34 with 30 reps, could be prime Devonta Doyle material for a team looking to do what ATL did (maybe even ATL uses a pick on him to get a 1-2 punch with them), while Xavier Means ran the 3rd fastest 40 at the combine and has decent for scrambler throwing ability. For non-scramblers, I think someone takes a shot on Andrew Moncrief and he becomes the "Kemoko Allard" of this year, where he's a mid round pick who is serviceable, but you just throw short routes all the time and dink and dunk down the field. 

• Like 1