Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Bundy's Bored Blackout Mock (1st Edition?)

Welcome to Bundy's Bored Blackout Mock, the mock made because the "local" Minnesota Wild are blacked out despite never being in local news coverage or ever on local TV and are several hours away.

1. Tennessee Titans - WR Paul Canha, Alabama

The Titans WR1 right now is 5th year, 67ovr John Mori. They just traded for WMU legend Durham Simmons (a 2023 2nd round pick by New Orleans) who is capable of seeing starting reps, and have their own 2023 6th rounder C.J. White, but they moved up to #1 for a reason, this draft's best prospect. Canha played an integral part in helping Bama to the 2022 national championship game, and he ran a blazing 4.30 40 at the combine, with a 8.65 in the combine catching drill. QB Wayne Reimer is still young and on a cheap deal for the next 2 years, so grabbing Canha only makes sense.

2. Miami Dolphins - SS Garrett Smith, Baylor

It would actually do Miami well to trade down from this pick, as they have quite a few holes and the mid 1st might be a better fit from where I'm projecting their positions of need. That said, I'm not mocking trades. Their current SS Robert Yellowhair is olllllllllld and plays Man Coverage and the rest of their secondary is Zone, and Garrett has potential to play in the box or in a more traditional SS role. You draft him at #2 and don't worry about drafting another starting SS for the next decade +. (Plus I'm scared of him so keep him in the AFC far away from me).

3. Carolina Panthers - DE Whit Wilson, Oklahoma State

Panthers are another team with the misfortune of having to pick early when later picks might be more beneficial. I don't trust the early RBs this high, I hate the early ILBs (see: Vikings trading out of R1 [for the time being 👀]), and DE Whit Wilson, albeit largely uncoached at Oklahoma State, has struggled to be a premier pass rusher, so taking him at #3 feels like a reeeeeach. With Garrett Smith off the board, and no Canha, and also no NEED at offensive line with 2023 3rd rounder Jaime McManus looking solid, it gets a little tricky for them. I settle for Whit Wilson, but know they'd prefer to trade down from here.

4. New York Giants - WR Logan Njoku, Kentucky

The Giants have 30 players on their roster if you include their PS, so they have A LOT of holes. That said, they only have 2 WRs on roster, and just picked up QB Lamar Johnson, a scrambler, so I think their focus will be on the ground game. With no rostered RBs, they basically have to look skill position early in this draft.

Last year, 6 WRs went R1, and I think that could be the O/U again this year. Njoku might be a reach this early, but the Giants need weapons no matter who is under center in 2024. Vance Osmele might pass as WR3, but he's WR1 right now by default. Njoku reminds me a bit of Alex Williams III, who went at 7 in 2022, so it wouldn't be terrible for them to grab him here in an odd draft.

5. Carolina Panthers - ILB Kenny Daniel, Wake Forest

Panthers again should look to move down/out of this class, or maybe move out of 3 and keep 5, but alas, here we are. I know I said I don't like the ILBs, but I think I'm a lot more comfortable going LB at 5 than 3, even though its only been 2 picks. At the worst, Kenny Daniel could be a tackling machine, and outside of taking the 3rd WR here, who would be eating Marco Thompson's reps, I don't think there's a better fit. You gotta get your Top 5 picks on the field.

6. New Orleans Saints - OG Alex Hitchens, Arkansas

The Saints only on-roster QB is Ben Rivera, but their WRs don't scream "take Hiram Mironde" here, I think they'd have to cut down on some of the Speed WRs. They only have one guard on the roster as well, and I think Hitchens could be one of the better prospects in this draft. IOL is not a "sexy" pick for anyone, but no matter who is under center, or running the ball in the future, you're getting a career starter with Hitchens.

7. Houston Texans - OT J'Mon Wolters, Utah

Houston has 0 QBs on roster, and they love to pound the rock. That said, they have a very young roster where pretty much anything is an upgrade, and I think this selection would be of the most help to their franchise cornerstone Ryan Johnson. Wolters could end up a franchise LT in pretty much any scheme, and pairing him with last year's 2nd rounder Jacob Grant only builds for the future. 

8. Atlanta Falcons - DT Logan Lopez, Houston

Atlanta has an interesting blend of secondary players, and a young, undeveloped team overall. They need some time to grow together, which is more than fine. They'd actually be a prime candidate to move up with NFCS mate Carolina in order to land one of Hitchens or Wolters, or even try to grab Garrett Smith, and any of the 3 would be home run picks. But with no trades, and looking to preserve their draft picks, they do what they should have done last year, and take a DT.  Atlanta's FO is very familiar with Lopez due to his time at Houston, and he has immediate "start as a rookie" talent, no question. The Panthers have been loading up on offense the past few years, so countering it a bit with a presence in the front would be major, and give them their immediate best DT on roster.

9. Seattle Seahawks - OG Felix Rodriguez, Temple

This isn't Seattle's biggest need, but I think they should commit to Kemoko Allard another year, since a certain author did a deep dive into how all young QBs look atrocious 👀 and Allard looked passable at the least despite being a mid round pick. If either Hitchens or Wolters falls to here, I think they're the pick, but Rodriguez is no slouch.

10. Los Angeles Chargers - Feet, Mail Ham. 

Up next is DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAN @Dean who makes his first selection a memorable one. 

Sorry, I'll take this seriously.

10. Los Angeles Chargers - OT Trevon Ingram, Buffalo

You'll notice the run on offensive linemen, and there's reason for it. These Big 4 might be the best bets as day one starters in this draft, and the Chargers seem committed to running the damn ball, as God intended. They could be dark horse considers of taking Hiram here, as Aquilera is only signed for 2 more years, but if they can figure out how to work their ideal system, they'll be happy to pay whatever Aguilera wants. 

11. Jacksonville Jaguars - WR Arden Ejofor, Louisiana

The Jags hit a little soft reset during last year's trade deadline, but came away with their LT of the future Ryan Dunn and landed Ray-Ray Thompson who should contribute here as potentially WR1. I know they're not set on Steven Connolly as QB1, but their line isn't built for Hiram, and frankly they could have different desires here. 

They've got some young WRs, but I think grabbing a third and letting Matt Howard rip this year wouldn't be terrible. Commit to the future, grab the third WR.

12. Detroit Lions - RB Richard Bianchi, Hawaii

The Lions were able to address their cap situation by making a trade with the Vikings, and now they're comfortable sitting at #12. They did move to acquire 2021 leading CFB rusher Cooper McGough, but they need a true RB1 of the future. Bianchi is Receiving by archetype, but with them being uncommitted at the QB position, his versatility could make them comfortable with any QB back there. 

13. New York Giants - CB Sam Voth, Illinois

New York has a mix of CBs on roster, so they look to grab the best combine performer of the major CB prospects. 

14. Green Bay Packers - ILB Davis Covey, Charlotte

I accidentally deleted my write up for this and the next few picks, so as summarized: ILB isn't biggest need for GB, but they have no stars, and the Vikings and Bears both drafted relatively successful RBs last year so do something to neutralize them.

15. Cleveland Browns - OT Francisco Smith, Washington

same as above, deleted my in-depth write up because I was an idiot watching hockey while writing and apparently Peter Mrazek is more interesting than keeping my hands off the keyboard. Browns could be a team that looks to move up, but they take a stud RT prospect maybe a few picks early.

16. Baltimore Ravens - WR Tevor Wood, USC

and my last pick that got screwed up by deltion, Ravens missed out on the top OL so they can't support James Taylor or David Chop that way, but Wood could be another threat to make teams take someone out of the box and thus, easier work for Taylor to run, so easier work for Chop.

We've made it half way and the stupid Stars-Ducks game has ended coverage and I had to switch over to the Black Hawks-Oilers so now I'm really bored. Enjoy the ESPN+ "your event has ended" clip that's been spamming at me for the last 15 minutes before I switched to this game.

Live sports. ESPN+ Originals. The exclusive home of the complete 30 for 30 library. Exclusive articles and tools. Top leagues and tournaments. Best stories in sports. On ESPN+.

17. New England Patriots - RB Clayton McGee, Florida State

Patriots will just barely be under the cap now, so moving out of R1 this year for a future 1st has to cross their mind. That said, they just acquired Rashaan Lyons, and will want to make him as comfortable as possible while they try him out. Fish Liggins isn't "it", Jerry Lawson is an ex-6th round castoff. 

18. Buffalo Bills - C Rashard Nall, Old Dominion

I know Buffalo took two centers last year, in the 3rd and 7th, but Nall has no better fit than Buffalo, and he'd slot into the 18th pick just fine. The Bills have a pair of older guards (and backing them up is Vikings 2023 5th rounder Mike Wynn), so they could slot Nall in at C and let either C Fred Garland or OG Morris Tye walk in FA. They don't have a ton of available 2025 cap space, so maintaining their starting OL through the draft starts now. 

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DE Ty Bogdanovic, Indiana

Tampa has an active FO for the first time in what feels like ever, and now, they get to build their team, their way, with 283 draft picks. One of their projected DE starters is 2022 Vikings 6th rounder Mitch Rivers, who has A- potential, but Bogdanovic could immediately raise the floor of their starting DL. 

20. Philadelphia Eagles - not Hiram

Philly could actually consider Hiram here, since Pool struggled with injury and is only a 73ovr in his 10th year. However, Philly just re-signed Pool, who is slated to make over $33M/the next 3 years, so they won't go QB, this year at least.

20. Philadelphia Eagles - CB Chandler McKay, Western Michigan

The Eagles actually have a lot of young WRs/DBs, but they missed out on the top OGs here and while there's been a few reaches in this mock, I don't think 3 ILBs go in the top 20/the 1st. Andrew Kangas signed long term, but he's getting older and could decline sooner than later. John Robinson is passable but isn't starter material long term at this point, same with especially Manuel Gonzalez, and Pedro Woodard/Russell Grantham are nearing the point in their progressions where either they get it, or they get off the roster. Nate Semien is the only real long-term CB I see on this roster, so they take McKay who has seen what championship caliber football is like at WMU, and they can sleep well knowing they have a secondary of Kangas, McKay, Semien, and Robinson, which might not keep up with Washington this year but should keep them competing for the playoffs. 

21. Chicago Bears - WR Jordan Suter, Bowling Green

Chicago made the move to grab Jackson Freitas last year and he looks legit, and they have Richard McGuire signed for 3 more years, but they need to take advantage of Gerald Lewis for as long as they have him. They made a big grab in Pat Flexen last year as well, but they could use another WR to take the roof off, especially in division. Suter ran a 4.41 40, and could easily pass up Daniel Castro for WR3. 

22. San Francisco 49ers - OLB Beau Martin, Alabama

The Niners only have one QB on roster, but I think they're done with Scramblers for the time being so Hiram continues his free fall. What they don't have is a bunch of LBs, with the Cardinals still having Gesick and the Rams remaining a threat in both the ground and passing games. Beau Martin would do wonders for the run D of this team, which would allow them to focus on stopping the pass with some later picks, or looking at a 2nd or 3rd round QB like Lance Enright to pair with a post-draft FA QB like Jan Miles or Cade Alves. 

23. New York Jets - QB Hiram Mironde, UCLA

The Jets moved up to #1, maybe a little prematurely, to select Hiram. Once some draft info came out, Hiram's stock plummeted a bit, but I still think he can be a starting QB in this league. The Jets aren't going to trot Luke Trahan out there as QB1 for a full season, and unless they want to be in continual QB purgatory, they'll strike early in this draft. They still need a DE (or 3), a FS (or 3), a WR (or 3) - they have 25 players on roster - but they have their stars assembled. Hiram gives them a better shot with these vets than Trahan.

24. Atlanta Falcons - OG Corey Cabrera, San Jose State

Okay, now that the Falcons really missed on OL, they address the need here. Cabrera doesn't scream "future HOFer" but he gives them a starting guard, at a fair value, and they're able to double dip on both sides of the ball's interiors. (They could also consider Hiram here if the Jets don't because, at this point, why not, him going 24th and getting a few years in and not working out, is farrrrr better than the other options ATL has at QB right now).

25. Dallas Cowboys - SS Justin Ramirez, LSU

Okay, you're thinking I've truly lost it (and I have, post-Tampa game I've now watched the ending to multiple other games and their post game shows and I've heard the ESPN+ thing about 90 times). But it's late 1st, Dallas doesn't have major pressing needs besides maybe RB of the future, annnnd Ramirez isn't guaranteed to be there at their next pick. He's fast (4.39 combine 40), he's the best in Man coverage of all combine SS, and he can start day one for them. Luis Smith isn't bad, but he's likely at his peak at year 6 and 65ovr. 

26. Miami Dolphins - CB Jonathan Parks, Ohio

The Dolphins get to make their next pick finally after taking Garrett Smith what feels like forever ago, and myyyyyy they need CBs. Darqueze Basile might have a future some day, but right now they're limited to true CB1 Ernest Mccoy, and potential "starter" Jeremy Moreland. Parks doesn't feel like a "shadow the opposing WR" kind of guy, but he could eliminate some slot threats in a conference where Denver seems to have all the right weapons. Miami has loaded up on young WRs in the past few years, now translate that philosophy to their secondary and this team could become a legitimate Super Bowl threat.

27.  Kansas City Chiefs - my hopes and dreams

I was sure Noah Prater would be there at #11 last year and therefore didn't talk about him at all predraft. Then the Chiefs took him at 9 ;')

27.  Kansas City Chiefs - WR Matt Zavala, Oregon State

The Chiefs have a very young receiving corps, but they invested in their future heavy last year with Prater and Theo Scribner, and Zavala might be the legitimate WR1 on this roster from day one. They have a bit of cap space so I wouldn't be surprised to see them add a vet in FA post-draft, but working Zavala in as WR2 wouldn't hurt to build some chemistry with he and Scribner, and would help some of their other young receivers like Neil Faulkner or Jordan Smith get more favorable matchups, especially in the hell that is the AFCW.

28. Arizona Cardinals - OT Tony Varvaro, Northern Illinois

Arizona only has 30 players on a very aged out roster, and they finally have an active FO, so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to trade out of R1 in order to mass more picks. They need more CBs. better DEs, etc, basically everywhere on the roster could use a guy or 3, but they only have 5 OL signed and none of them are OTs. Post draft they should look to FA and try to bring Marvin Forges back, but Varvaro helps them spend their FA money on other positions, and at least gives them an offensive tackle if they're not able to land their FA targets. 

29. Pittsburgh Steelers - WR Nick Jones, Penn State

The Steelers were able to make Robert Morris work last year, and they don't have glaring needs besides maybe a true 2nd DE. I don't think Nick Jones comes into Pittsburgh commanding starting duties, maybe ever, but at pick 29, you can keep the Penn State kid in Pennsylvania, and this isn't a pick made to muddy the waters to favor @smackemz at all 👀

30. Jacksonville Jaguars - CB Rashard Hilliard, Georgia State

We already saw the Jags make their luxury pick in getting ahead of everyone else and drafting one of the top WRs, now we see them draft one of their "need" positions here at the end of R1. Hilliard projects talent wise as a mid 1st, but with a lot of teams running Zone, or needing to pick other positions, it gives Duvalllllllllllllllll one of the top CBs and pairs him with Trayvon Johnson long-term, allowing them to play Johnson/Hilliard/Franklin Kirchner to better match ups.

31. Jacksonville Jaguars - CB Stansly Alvarez, LSU

I mean, who even is Franklin Kirchner anyway? The Titans are moving up for Paul Canha (at least in this mock) and having 3 legitimate CBs is essential in this league. We've seen a massive run on WRs in this draft, Jacksonville grabs two of the top corners, both mid 1sts in talent, at the end of R1, and they don't need to address the CB position for years. Maybe a decade.

32. Carolina Panthers - the highest bidder

I mean surely 5th year options will come along at some point, right? Right??? 👀 

32. Carolina Panthers - WR Gregory Donnal, Central Michigan

first round WRs, but it would surprise me not. Carolina took Marco Thompson with #32 last year, Russell Barnes is their WR1 (albeit expiring after this year), and then there's a whole lot of murkiness as to who the other WRs are. Jose Maldonado performed okay last year, but if this wasn't the talent stricken NFCS, I think the Panthers would be in trouble. Donnal has speed, he had one of the best route running performances at the combine, and he can play slot WR and be the 4th option in an offense that could see Don Scott playing his natural TE position more often than not with the new scheme changes. You've heard of basketball on turf, well this is NASCAR on turf, with the Panthers just chucking the ball deep to their burners who outrun every opposing secondary. 

• Like 6
  • Fire 1

Can't believe this Aaron Pool Slander. I'm not gonna Farve/Rodgers him. He's the guy.

Unless this is a smoke screen and we are absolutely taking QB first round :ph34r: