Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

The Transformation of the New York Jets Part 1... Pre-Draft

**__Transformation of the Jets this off-season:__**

The plan has been to take the New York Jets, a team that I had to scrape a win to keep out of the bottom of the league, and get them up to playoffs in two years within the AFC East. Goal for 2024 is 16th-24th overall so the first round pick in the hands of Carolina is at most a top 10 pick but not a top 5 one (and definitely not number 1!)

The team has shifted dramatically. The first major call was to move on from Lamar Johnson. Even though I want a Scrambler, I felt he was just not the guy for me as he wasn't leaning into the Archetypical Dual-Threat QB that I want to work with. Thus the offers that were being thrown around to try and get a truly elite one, before shifting focus to get Trahan and grow him into a Franchise slot. 

Overall, of the 52 man roster that the new ownership inherited, only 10 players are returning for 2024 as a New York Jet (at time of writing). 15 players were allowed to walk, and the remainder have all been involved in a swarm of Trade activity. However, on paper, the team right now, even with only 23 confirmed players (though many are now guaranteed via Free Agency to be Jets players soon as they're uncontested in the Negotiations stage), the structure of the team is vastly improved. Lets take a look at the quality shift in the team compared with 2023:

* I only had one 80 OVR + players (Stokes) in 2023. I now have 4 (Mcneal, Wright, Wiseman, Moussaeu). I will also have Haim Costa in, and I'm lead offer on Cale.

* I had two players in the 70-79 range (Garban and Johnson). I now have 6 players in that range. In F.A. I also have Barber joining Costa to re-define my O-Line. This means that 70+ has gone from 3 players, to around 12. 

* I had four 65-69 range which is unchanged, but I have 8 uncontested F.A.s and 4 contested in F.A. as of right now, so it could raise to 12-16 in this range.

* I had thirteen players in the 60-64 range. Down to 8 right now, but have 4 uncontested FA's who should refresh this part of the roster. This will hopefully be where some draftees land too if things go right.

* I had twelve players under 60 OVR. I now only have 1. More likely I will get two or three in draft though.

The average OVR of the 2023 squad was 61.63

The current average is projecting to be between 67-69

I'm also projecting (after draft) to be $7m under the cap for some UDFA hunting as well!

Part 2 will come next weekend covering the trading policy. GO JETS