Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Senior RB KeShun Perez looks to have a breakout season

51597781465_89facff478_o.jpg

Baton Rouge, LA --

Senior runningback KeShun Perez has waited three seasons. But in 2024, it will be no holds barred as Perez will look to dominate the carries for the Tigers. "If KeShun is getting fewer than 80% of the carries this year, I will be a very unhappy coach," said @Jambo, who is stepping into his first season at the helm.

Perez had a mixed bag 2023. In his first real opportunity with the Tigers, he split carries with then-sophomore RB Harrison Rodriguez, as Rodriguez actually had 176 attempts to Perez's 157 attempts. Still, Perez finished with more yards, TDs, and had a longer run. The same went for FB Jon Swanigan, who had 140 carries. KeShun was more efficient with his opportunities but felt like the offensive coaching staff did not fully trust him. "Not to diss any of my former coaches, but it didn't feel like we had a cohesive offensive gameplan week-to-week, and I just didn't have the opportunity to get going the way I would have liked."

With the transition in the coaching staff both at the top but with a new offensive coordinator, Perez worked hard all offseason, progressing into a completely well-rounded back with no weaknesses in his game. "KeShun worked on his pass blocking, his route running, even his speed, and he just looks like an even better player than the great player he was last year," said @Jambo.

LSU will also see change at the QB position, as QB Ramik Harris has been named the new starter, replacing Sean Kirven, who will take a redshirt year. With a new QB at the helm, the Tigers will certainly want to run the ball more to get Harris comfortable in his new starting gig.

We did a brief sit-down interview with Perez and asked him some questions about his preparation for his final year at LSU.

It looks like you'll be getting a full workload in 2024. How does it feel to have the trust of the coaching staff to get the bulk of the carries?

It feels great, man. As a runningback you always want to get out on the field as much as possible and I'm grateful to have the trust of the coaching staff to get out there and be able to tote the rock for the whole game.

Can you tell us about what the new offensive scheme will look like?

Well, I'm hoping to hit 1,500 yards this year. Maybe even 2,000. And Ramik will pass the ball too, I'm sure.

What do you think your greatest strength is as a player?

I'll run right through any defender and I'll never lose the ball. I'd say I model my game after [Cincinnati Bengals RB] Ronnie Jefferson. He runs through people like it's nothing and only fumbled once last year on 500 carries, and he can still get out there and catch the ball like a receiver, it's amazing.

You're majoring in sports management, what's the biggest thing you've learned from that?

Honestly man, it's that I really need to make it to the NFL so I don't have to use that degree *laughs*.

How do you think LSU will do this year?

We're going all the way. No question in my mind. We have the team to do it.

Where do you think you'll get drafted?

I'm no good at predictions, I have no idea. I just hope a team sees something enough in me to take me where I deserve to go. So I'll say the first round, to be modest. Maybe top 10 if I'm lucky.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

How do you think LSU will do this year?

We're going all the way. No question in my mind. We have the team to do it.

Where do you think you'll get drafted?

I'm no good at predictions,

^Emphasis Mine

• Fire 1