Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 13 POTW

Week 13 POTW

PF Timothy Plungis, SR, 3*, A Overall

27 Points, 6 Rebounds, 1 Assist, 1 Steal in a 76-94 L vs UCLA

40 Points, 7 Rebounds, 1 Steal, 3 Blocks in a 101-89 W vs Stanford

FOHWTU7JMFBEPKYBLLKCVXHNPE.jpg

Congratulations on winning the National Player of the Week award for the second time this season, Timothy. How does it feel to be recognized for your outstanding performances?

Thank you! It's truly an honor to receive this recognition. It reflects not only my individual efforts but also the hard work and dedication of my teammates and coaches.

Let's talk about your Week 13 performances. In the game against UCLA, despite the loss, you had an impressive stat line of 27 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 steal. How do you assess your performance in that game?

It was a tough loss, but I always focus on giving my best for the team. I believe I contributed offensively and defensively, but we fell short. It's a learning experience, and we'll come back stronger.

Moving on to the game against Stanford, you exploded for 40 points, 7 rebounds, 1 steal, and 3 blocks in a convincing 101-89 victory. What clicked for you in that game, and how did you approach it differently?

Stanford was a crucial matchup for us, and I wanted to make sure we secured the win. I was aggressive from the start, and my teammates did an excellent job creating opportunities for me. The key was maintaining that intensity on both ends of the court.

Your versatility is evident in your stat lines, not just as a scorer but also contributing defensively. How do you balance being an offensive force while also making an impact on the defensive end?

Basketball is a two-way game, and I take pride in being a well-rounded player. My focus is on contributing in every aspect – scoring, rebounding, defending. It's about doing whatever it takes to help the team succeed.

Looking ahead, how do you see the remainder of the season unfolding for Utah, and what are your personal goals moving forward?

We have a talented team, and our goal is to compete at the highest level. Personally, I want to continue improving and being a reliable presence for my team. We're aiming for a successful postseason, and I believe we have the potential to achieve great things.

Week 1 POTW - PG William Smith, SJU

Week 2 POTW - SG Jeffrey Luedtke, MIAF

Week 3 POTW - C Henry Gonzales, UCI

Week 4 POTW - PF Pedro Rodriguez, PURD

Week 5 POTW - SG Nicholas Garcia, SMC

Week 6 POTW - PG Michael Speed, SMC

Week 7 POTW - PF Timothy Plungis, UTAH

Week 8 POTW - PF Pedro Rodriguez, PURD

Week 9 POTW - SG Mitchell Henderson, NEB

Week 10 POTW - C Henry Gonzales, UCI

Week 11 POTW - C Daniel Currie, FGCU

Week 12 POTW - PF Christopher Merlo, NEB