Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

10 Questions with Bowling Green QB Travis Kingery

*Note: I asked these questions to my fiancé and asked her to answer them as my QB Travis Kingery. I gave her some context regarding players but everything else is her.

10 Questions with Bowling Green QB Travis Kingery

"They can say 'oh that's just a candy bar' and next thing you know you miss the next 2 catches."

dream_TradingCard(3).thumb.jpg.878c7ebe5a0ab7c8656e39b15c2f7f9d.jpg

You redshirted and sat a couple years behind Dexter Reed, what was that experience like?
I mean it was real tough, during breaks I went back home and help my family with our farm, Kingery Farms, pulling up cabbage and cauliflower and beets. I spent a lot of time just eating lots of vegetables and trying to stay in top physical shape to be ready and prepared.

What was it like in your first full season starting?
It was quite amazing, we have a great team who works hard, plays hard and studies hard. I think the guys really enjoy me bringing in veggies from the family farm. We built up a real family feeling, I'm looking forward to another season with these men. 

You're from Addison TX, how much of an adjustment was it coming from a big city like Dallas to Bowling Green, OH?
You know they aren't wrong, everything is bigger in Texas and Kingery Farms is a massive farm in Texas. I think it helped to open a new market in Bowling Green where they don't have access to as large of a farm as Kingery Farms so we can have our veggies stocked in refrigerators across the country.

You lost a couple of great receivers in Jordan Suter and Nick Fields, how can the WRs you have in the room now replace their productivity?
They were very good players but I think who we have now will be great as well, if not better. They work just as hard and they have Kingery Farms veggies stocked in their fridge so I think they can exceed what we've done in the past.

It's looking like there will be a change in offensive scheme from last year to this season, what can Falcon fans expect to see from their offense?
They can expect to see speed, attack, ball catching, you name it we can do it. We're working really hard and we are ready to hit every defense with something they've never seen before. 

What has it been like learning from coach PoopyRhinoPickle?
You know my mans Poopy is a one of a kind dude, he doesn't coach much, he inspires. He inspires players to eat and bulk up from Kingery Farms. He puts our health on the forefront and he cares. This experience has been nothing short of amazing. 

What are you goals for this season?
My personal goals are to never give in to unhealthy foods, because that can really slow a person down. They can say "oh that's just a candy bar" and next thing you know you miss the next 2 catches. So I'm never going to give in, I'm going to keep bulking up on vegetables from Kingery Farms and I'm going to keep holding my team accountable.

My team goals are: I want my team to really remember to hold each other accountable. Something I realize we've been lacking is accountability. When we're out doing homework or in the cafe and we see our teammate go into the fried food bar we don't say hey bro that's not gonna help us so I want to make sure my team knows how important accountability is. 

Do you see yourself in the NFL someday?
Oh absolutely 100% because I am driven, I am built for this. I spent my life getting ready for this and I definitely take pride in my health and, knock on wood, I haven't been injured because of the healthy food and produce I get from Kingery Farms, and without Kingery Farms I wouldn't be where I am today.

You have to practice throwing every day against Donald Dingus, has going up against the best of the best helped to make you better?
Oh 100%, my man Donald, we make each other better, me being badass and him being badass *phew* those other teams better be fearful because we're going hard this season. 

What do you see yourself doing far into the future after you retire from football?
Well I'll definitely take care of Kingery Farms, my goal is to expand to sell produce nationally, that's the goal, we're real popular in Texas and here in Bowling Green, I really want Kingery Farms to thrive and bring health and wellness across the country. Hormone free, no GMOs. 

dream_TradingCard(7).thumb.jpg.0b507e9d608057d2692d27ee41de2217.jpg

• Like 5