Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Gone like the Wind: Vinny Rush

image.thumb.png.828aaa908b9b59314100be5f2f03a49f.png

There's a certain feeling that we as humans experience, one of which comes at moments of despair. It's a regular morning, you've had your first coffee of the day, a single bowl of cereal, and you've fed the cat. You are all set to walk out the front door to embrace the day of work ahead, and then it hits you. Have I locked all of the windows?

So on you trot back into the house. The windows are shut. Of course they are (THEY ALWAYS ARE). Out you go again, and into your new Kia family car. Engine on, radio on. You begin to pull off the driveway until wait... Have I locked the front door?

You slam the breaks on. "F*CK" - you take a breath.

"Why do I do this every f*cking DAY!?"

Needless to say, the front door is, and always had been, locked.

So the real question is, why DO you do this every single day? If you think about it hard enough, you know why. It's because for some strange, unexplained reason, you actually get a bit of an internal thrill from 'running late'.

You have an adrenaline spike when you are in a rush.

So where am I going with this? Well, there's a man who knows it all too well. Who lives and breaths this by name and by nature, every dagam day. Step forward..... Vinny Rush.

"It doesn't matter if it's to practice, to a game, or just to mom and dad's house to get some food, I'm always in a rush. You know what I mean?" Vinny told our reporter, Annie Position.

"I've tried self help books, meditation, yoga, but my mind, it's literally racing constantly. I forget where I put things regularly, but Annie it's weird because if you put me in front of game tape, my retention of information is completely different and it's like, I can recite it word for word even hours later" Vinny continued.

"I guess if I had some advice to give to people also suffering with ExtremeNervousforgetfullnessDrome, it would be to just embrace yourself for who you are. Go and triple check that the windows are shut proudly and walk back up to your front door to check it's locked with your chest out and your head raised. You are NOT less of a person, because you are in a rush. I mean look at me, I'm Vinny Rush, always in a rush" Rush then got up, checked his watch, and said he had somewhere to be. Seconds later, Annie witnessed him sprinting down the street outside. He sure was living true to his name.

Vinny Rush is a four-star freshman inside linebacker who was a part of the most recent 2023 recruiting class for the Florida State Seminoles. He is a local boy, born and raised in Tallehassee. Rush looks set to potentially compete for the starting job in his true freshman year, although it wouldn't be of surprise if he were to be redshirted and given a year to further develop.

• Like 1