Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 12 POTW

Week 12 POTW

PF Christopher Merlo, NEB, JR, 4*, A Overall

28 Points, 11 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 1 Steal, 4 Blocks in an 86-69 W vs #11 Michigan

35 Points, 11 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 2 Steals, 4 Blocks in a 77-67 W vs Maryland

eman.png 

Christopher, great to see you! Congrats on winning your first player of the week award this year!

Word, gotta rep the 402

You’ve been real close all season long and nominated multiple times. How does it feel to finally be recognized with this award

Well I meant I definitely came close a couple of times, but I feel like so many of us on the team split votes because when we're on we're on.

Let’s start with the games. First a monster 28 point 11 rebound double-double against #11 Michigan. You were a total force in the post against one of the top teams in the nation. How did you feel after that performance?

Pretty good pretty good. I had a big test right before the game and just figured 'shit might be my last game eligible, better make it good'

You surpassed that with another double-double against Maryland. Notably, in both games you had 4 blocks. How has developing into a defensive presence been?

Everybody on the team knows I can chase-down block like LeBron, it just hadn't happened like that in back to back games yet - but everybody in practice knows what I can do.

It’s not just you scoring for this great Nebraska team, you have formed a dynamic duo with Mitchell Henderson as well. What is this relationship like on and off the court?

Well I mean he's going to the league for sure. I'm just blessed to play with such great teammates. It'd be my dream to follow him to the simNBA as well.

Well Christopher, thank you for your time. Looking forward to see you again later this season. Before I leave, do you have any final comments?

Yeah, follow me @xXxMerlo69xXx

This article was written with the help of @alexfall862

Week 1 POTW - PG William Smith, SJU

Week 2 POTW - SG Jeffrey Luedtke, MIAF

Week 3 POTW - C Henry Gonzales, UCI

Week 4 POTW - PF Pedro Rodriguez, PURD

Week 5 POTW - SG Nicholas Garcia, SMC

Week 6 POTW - PG Michael Speed, SMC

Week 7 POTW - PF Timothy Plungis, UTAH

Week 8 POTW - PF Pedro Rodriguez, PURD

Week 9 POTW - SG Mitchell Henderson, NEB

Week 10 POTW - C Henry Gonzales, UCI