Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 11 POTW

Week 11 POTW

C Daniel Currie, FGCU, SO, 4*, B Overall

39 Points, 10 Rebounds, 1 Assist, 2 Steals, 3 Blocks in a 97-99 L vs Jacksonville 

32 Points, 11 Rebounds, 3 Steals, 1 Block in a 99-63 W vs Marist

image.thumb.png.60b42f69760e3b01a5236aa356398911.png

Congratulations on being named the Week 11 National Player of the Week, Daniel. How does this recognition feel for you?

Thank you! It's truly an honor, but I have to credit my teammates and coaches. We work as a team, and without their support, these performances wouldn't have been possible.

Let's dive into your Week 11 performances. In the game against Jacksonville, despite the close loss, you had an incredible stat line of 39 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, and 3 blocks. How did you approach that game?

Every game, I focus on preparation and staying locked in. My teammates and I work hard in practice, and we stick to our game plan. Personally, I try to bring energy and contribute in scoring, rebounding, and on the defensive end.

The second game of the week against Marist resulted in a convincing 99-63 win for your team. You posted another impressive stat line of 32 points, 11 rebounds, 3 steals, and 1 block. How did it feel to secure such a comprehensive victory?

It felt great, especially after the tough loss to Jacksonville. We see every game as a learning opportunity. The win against Marist was a solid team effort, and we're looking to build on that momentum as we move forward in the season.

With such standout performances, how do you see these games shaping the trajectory of the team for the rest of the season?

Every game is a chance for us to learn and improve. The loss against Jacksonville was a tough one, but it motivates us to get better. The win against Marist was a collective effort, and we aim to carry that momentum into the upcoming games.

Looking ahead, what are your personal goals for the remainder of the season, and how do you see the team evolving as you move forward?

Personally, I want to continue contributing in all aspects of the game and help the team succeed. As a team, we're focused on growth and improvement. We're taking it one game at a time, learning from each experience, and working together to achieve our goals.

Week 1 POTW - PG William Smith, SJU

Week 2 POTW - SG Jeffrey Luedtke, MIAF

Week 3 POTW - C Henry Gonzales, UCI

Week 4 POTW - PF Pedro Rodriguez, PURD

Week 5 POTW - SG Nicholas Garcia, SMC

Week 6 POTW - PG Michael Speed, SMC

Week 7 POTW - PF Timothy Plungis, UTAH

Week 8 POTW - PF Pedro Rodriguez, PURD

Week 9 POTW - SG Mitchell Henderson, NEB

Week 10 POTW - C Henry Gonzales, UCI