Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

2024 SimNFL Draft Prospect Production

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I was lucky enough to help with the draft guide posted earlier today by calculating how much of the teams total stats were put up by some of the top players in this years draft class. Unfortunately due to how the draft guide is formatted I had to leave out some of the information I wanted to include so that it would be readable and because of a miscommunication(I was a big dumb dumb) I included some additional players that were not in the draft guide by doing every C+ defensive player in the draft. On top of that I was unable to finish the final 26 C+ defensive players that weren't in the draft guide. So to include those final 26 players and give the information I had to leave out (catches and target numbers for RBs and FBs) I am going to link the google sheet version of my part of the draft guide for those interested in the extra information. On top of that a couple of players that I had initially included were cut from the draft guide to try and get the players who were seen as better in so those players are included in this too. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19-qxA6pPXuf8eUVnjadZhw4zEvHO0mYMtN0Ahk0y2dk/edit#gid=1139166397

This sheet aims to quantify how impactful a player was to his team by taking some key stats for each position and then comparing it to how much of that stat the team put up. This is done to get a better idea of how a player performed over the last season in a way that doesn't punish players for being in a system that doesn't feature their skills. This method is far from perfect but gives a little more insight into the numbers because if RB1 and RB2 have almost the same amount of rushing yards and rush attempts they should not be seen as equals if RB1 had 12% more of his teams rush attempts and 15% more of his teams rushing yards in this scenario RB2 would be seen as an equal to RB1 despite the situations being different with RB1 being a work horse RB1 that had the majority of his teams rushing attempts and yards and RB2 being in an offense that spread the ball between their backs a little more evenly. Sorry for that long explanation I am having a bit of trouble putting into words why and how this helps but if you look at it I think it makes sense.

This google sheet covers every player(excluded QBs, Ks, and Ps because the top players at those positions will always have 100% or close to all of the relevant stats) with an overall of C+ or higher. I used the update draft class posted by @Rocketcan in the discord it can be found in the pinned messages or at this link https://discord.com/channels/586207409681334522/914917788206891048/1178012713486655598. All stats were collected using the interface and all math was done by me with the calculator app on my phone.

Finally I would like to thank @Rocketcan and @npklemm for asking me to help and giving me the opportunity to include something that I thought was interesting and helpful to an amazing piece of content.

Edited by kgreene829
  • Like 3