Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 10 POTW

Week 10 POTW

SG Mitchell Henderson, #15 UCI, SR, 4*, A Overall

37 Points, 11 Rebounds, 3 Steals, 1 Block in an 87-78 W vs Cal State Northridge

33 Points, 10 Rebounds, 1 Steal, 2 Block in an 81-55 W vs Cal State Northridge

March Madness 2019: UC Irvine is a really dangerous Cinderella -  SBNation.com

Henry, congrats on your second POTW win this season! A sweep of Cal State Northridge in two back to back games, what were they like for you?

We just played our game like we planned. It helps a lot when guys like Russell and Jeffrey are throwing up absolute dimes. I love my teammates and coach and owe it all to them. They put me in the best position to do what we need to win, stats be damned.

Two 30+ point double doubles was fantastic. You beat these teams up big time off the glass. How have you changed your game as this season went on?

One of the things coach talked about was putting yourself in the right place to make the right play. A lot of that came down to drilling down our basics in practice. I know I'm talented, and so are the rest of my teammates, but so is everyone else on the court. So the best way to differentiate from them is to put yourself in the best opportunity to succeed. Once you can nail that down, the skills take over. It's what sets us apart from everyone else.

Not only are you good in the post, you were excellent from 3 hitting above 50% in both games at a rapid clip. Some are saying you’re the top stretch 5 in college basketball right now. What has led you to develop like this?

Haha, I'm here for the team, but getting personal accolades is great, too. I think its just a testament to how I've trained. Coach likes to stress position-less ball. We all have situations where we are put into a situation that is different than our usual spots, and being able to still perform at a high level in those situations can only help our team win, and our improve our abilities. I guess I just find myself beyond the arc somtimes!

In a funny circumstance, 2 games without a single assist from your end. Lots of points and rebounds. What's your relationship like with your teammates in regards to swinging the rock?

We like to run the offense through me a lot, so my assist numbers are a bit low, I guess. That's a question for coach, haha. We're all here to play our roles and help get this team to the championship game.

Thanks for the time Henry. Before I go, do you have any shout outs?

Gotta shoutout my family who have been my D1s, my coach and team, and of course all of the fans across the world. I'd also like to shoutout the Nashville Zoo's Giant Anteater Conservation program.

This article was written with the help of @subsequent

Week 1 POTW - PG William Smith, SJU

Week 2 POTW - SG Jeffrey Luedtke, MIAF

Week 3 POTW - C Henry Gonzales, UCI

Week 4 POTW - PF Pedro Rodriguez, PURD

Week 5 POTW - SG Nicholas Garcia, SMC

Week 6 POTW - PG Michael Speed, SMC

Week 7 POTW - PF Timothy Plungis, UTAH

Week 8 POTW - PF Pedro Rodriguez, PURD

Week 9 POTW - SG Mitchell Henderson, NEB