Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 8 POTW

Week 7 POTW

PF Pedro Rodriguez, SO, 5*, A Overall

33 Points, 8 Rebounds, 6 Assists, 2 Blocks in a 106-54 W vs Northwestern

52 Points, 7 Rebounds, 1 Assist in a 117-87 W vs Ohio State

Purdue Basketball Preseason Primer - Purdue Boilermakers

Pedro, lovely to see you again, the first two time winner for National Player of the Week in this 2023 season. What does winning this award a second time mean to you?

It means a lot. I put in a ton of work over the summer and it is certainly paying off. I have to give a lot of credit to my teammates though this past week. They put me in great spots to score the ball.

Lets talk about that crazy game against Ohio State. You dropped 52 points to win it! What was the game like and how was the lockerroom afterwards?

It didn’t even feel real. I was so zoned in I didn’t realize I had 52 til we got into the locker room. I felt like I had 30 points but everything was working. The locker room was fun for sure afterwards but we didn’t do anything too crazy.

Purdue's been one of the top teams so far this season. How are you feeling going into the second half with this team and what do you think of your own performances?

I feel good. There are certainly areas where we can improve. We aren’t firing at all cylinders yet. I actually feel like we were playing better last year. I’m playing well but we have our eyes collectively on the title and we all root for each other.

Pedro, you're in for the Naismith for the top collegiate basketball player in the nation. What do you think your shot at that award is as it stands right now?

I would imagine that I would have a shot. However, I don’t think about that. Team success matters much more to me than anything else.

Thanks for the time Pedro, before I leave do you have any last statements to the nation?

We aren’t satisfied till we hold the trophies.

This article was written with the help of @BabaYaga

Week 1 POTW - PG William Smith, SJU

Week 2 POTW - SG Jeffrey Luedtke, MIAF

Week 3 POTW - C Henry Gonzales, UCI

Week 4 POTW - PF Pedro Rodriguez, PURD

Week 5 POTW - SG Nicholas Garcia, SMC

Week 6 POTW - PG Michael Speed, SMC

Week 7 POTW - PF Timothy Plungis, UTAH