Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Meet the Croots: ATH Timothy Geyer from Johnsburg, Illinois

Jake Metze does it all for Johnsburg – Shaw Local

If you think of Illinois, you would not think of a town like Johnsburg. This town, just a little over an hour from Chicago in McHenry County, boasts only around 6,400 people. But this little town boasts the pride of the high school football team, which has seen itself be one of the best of the 3A class for the IHSA. The reason? 4-Star recruit Timothy Geyer has proven to be the Swiss army knife of the team. He will say that he's not the best player on the team, but he certainly did enough to earn his stripes.  

Johnsburg actually used Geyer in a multitude of ways, given that he is seen the most as a wingback during the year. He has been used as a running back in some of the plays Johnsburg has gone for. During his junior year, he has gotten more action behind the line than on. During his time running the football, he has amassed a total of 720 yards in only 57 attempts, which equates to 12.63 yards per attempt. This is pretty impressive, also given the fact that he has scored 4 touchdowns during that time. Given his size, he has a bit of power to his step, as well as a great football IQ to look out for holes in the defense. 

He also has some adequate receiving numbers. As a receiver, he has acclaimed 19 catches in 31 attempts. With a 61.3% catch rate, he is not the greatest at catching, But he has shown that he can be a huge weapon on the receiving core as well. He has 345 yards receiving so far, which makes for an impressive 18.16 yards per catch.  Given that he isn't as reliable catching the ball, his power comes through again -- and his speed is also highlighted in this case. He is also reliable on the blocking side, allowing 0 QB pressures every time he is tried by a defender. Johnsburg head coach Johnny Flynn stated that if he was ever to start as a receiver, he would be better off as a tight end.

Of course, at the start of the season, Geyer didn't really see that much playing time. He wasn't the starter. But given his performance, he has proved that he deserves to play at a starter-caliber level. And with some offensive starters graduating and leaving, Geyer may have a good shot to prove that he deserves a 4-star rating and continue his impressive run. "Who knows? They might have to promote me to a 5-star", he told the Meet The Croots team. 

Early on, there were a couple of teams that were trying to snag Geyer for themselves, with Illinois and Indiana emerging as early favorites in the long run. But Geyer might have some teams on his mind. In fact, he wants to join a high-prestige team it seems. That is a team with an extensive and successful football history. It seems like he already has some teams in mind. 

"I would like to join teams that are really good at football, at least shown by their history. What does this mean? Oh, I don't know. Ohio State, Michigan -- maybe. I also really, more than anything, want to join the Alabama squad. It's a long car ride from here, I know, but that's probably my favorite team here. I want to join a team that I really loved growing up, maybe even win a championship with them."

Right now, Geyer is just warming up with much to prove to coaches who are looking to see if Geyer is worth taking a risk for. His toughness, power, speed, and IQ are enough to gain traction. With the short sample size, the great leap he has made to a 4-star is incredible, and the potential is there and too good for teams to pass up on. We might have to see where he ends up in the long run. but perhaps whoever adds him to their team will not regret the decision to gain a rising star in the small town of Johnsburg, Illinois.