Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2024] Meet the Croots: QB Joseph Dering from Odessa, Missouri

image.png.99691160a8da29c03b0e0a61fae2ecf7.png

Joseph Dering is one of the hottest prep prospects in the country, and you don't have to be a scout to see why.

As a three-year starter, the dual-threat Odessa quarterback completely rewrote the Missouri River Valley record books.  In his career, he has 10,950 passing yards, 3,131 rushing yards, 107 total TDs.  This season alone?  Over 5,000 total yards and 45 TDs. Opposing teams know he's the whole show, but they haven't been able to do much about it.
If it feels like #7 is responsible for every offensive yard and point the Bulldogs have... you're probably not far off.  Just ask the Harrisonville Wildcats, who gave up 7 totals TDs to him (4 passing, 3 running) in the season opener.  Or the Clinton Cardinals, especially after Dering had a 300/250 game (300+ yards passing, 250+ yards rushing) en route to their 65-17 demolition.

Who you probably shouldn't ask about these big games and stats? Joseph Dering. He'll talk about them, but almost with a sense of bemusement, as though he was asking you, "What, you expected that I wouldn't have this kind of game?" 
Whether that comes off to you as matter-of-fact or arrogant Dering doesn't seem to care too much; he has a goal that he is hyper-focused on.

"When you think about the greatest QBs of all time, you think of names like Philip Avila, (Aaron) Shea, (Tucker) Dowden.  I want my name in that list someday.  I want my name at the front of that list.  Isn't that why we play the game, to show that we're the best?  I've put in too much work to settle for anything less than the top."

Given where some of the names on that list played, you would think the home-state Missouri Tigers are a clear favorite.  But Dering shot that idea down.  "My favorite school?  The one that lets me grow into greatness.  And the best way for me to do that is to get as much playing time as I can.  A school that has the facilities and coaching to push me towards GOAT status?  That's what I want."

• Like 1