Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 4 POTW

Week 4 POTW

PF Pedro Rodriguez, PURD, SO, 5*, A Overall

36 Points, 6 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 2 Steals, 1 Block in a 113-74 W vs Clemson

20 Points, 4 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 3 Steals, 3 Blocks in a 114-92 W vs #6 Michigan

Purdue Basketball Preseason Primer - Purdue Boilermakers

Pedro, congratulations on being named the National Player of the Week. Can you describe the emotions you felt when you received this prestigious honor?

It’s truly an honor because there are so many deserving players each week. I never expect to win the award, but as always grateful for any recognition that I get for my play. However, with my goals and the goals for the team this year - this award doesn’t help us reach where we want to be. We had a great week last week but the season is only getting started for us.

In the game against Clemson, you had a phenomenal stat line. What do you think was the key to your outstanding performance in that game?

We had a very good game against Clemson and I think that was a product of coach putting us all in good spots to make plays and then we executed. If you look at the whole team, we had quite a few players that performed very well. We put our trust in coach and he puts his trust in us, and when we both execute it it's very pretty.

Facing the sixth-ranked Michigan Wolverines is no small feat. What was your mindset going into that game, and how did you manage to maintain your high level of play?

We knew that we had to be laser focused for that game. It was going to be the toughest test of the year and it was even tougher being our first conference game of the year on the road. Michigan is a very good program and we all knew that we just needed to trust coach and the gameplan. When we execute, it's a very easy game. There's nothing like beating the #6 team on the road and that's what we did.

What are your personal goals for the season, and how do you see yourself evolving as a player?

My goal for the season is to continue to lead my team. I am a very team-centric person and I enjoy leading this team and doing my job. I want to continue to hone my skills but more importantly I want to be seen as a leader on a young team. My goal is to win conference and win another title before I decide where I'll be playing next year.

As only a Sophomore, you've become a dominant player in the Big 10 and nationwide. Before I leave, what do you have to say for your adoring fans around the country

I appreciate the support. We have some of the best fans in the country and we hear you every game.

This article was written with the help of @BabaYaga

Week 1 POTW - PG William Smith, SJU

Week 2 POTW - SG Jeffrey Luedtke, MIAF

Week 3 POTW - C Henry Gonzales, UCI

• Like 1