Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 2 POTW

Week 2 POTW

SG Jeffrey Luedtke, MIAF, SR, 3*, B Overall

37 Points, 8 Rebounds, 1 Block in a 94-83 W vs UCF

20 Points, 6 Rebounds, 3 Assists in a 75-73 W vs #16 Indiana

It's Draft Day, Where Could Isaiah Wong and Jordan Miller End Up? - All  Hurricanes on Sports Illustrated: News, Analysis, and More

Jeffrey, first of all, congratulations on being named the National Player of the Week. How does it feel to receive such recognition for your performances?

Well, it's about time someone recognized my greatness! I mean, let's be honest here; this award was basically handed to me on a silver platter. My skills on the court are unparalleled, and it's taken way too long for people to realize that I am the GOAT. My teammates are lucky to have someone of my caliber on their team, and this award is just another step towards cementing my legacy as the greatest to ever play the game. Finally, the rest of the world is catching up to what I've known all along – I'm simply on a different level.

Let's talk about your standout performance against UCF. You dropped an impressive 37 points, grabbed 8 rebounds, and added a crucial block in a 94-83 win. Walk us through that game.

Well, that game was just another day at the office for me, to be honest. I knew from the moment I stepped onto the court that I was going to dominate, and that's exactly what I did. I mean, 37 points, 8 rebounds, and that block – I've seen it go viral on twitter. That's just a typical day in the life of the GOAT. The other team had no answer for my skills, and I made sure to remind them of that every time I scored. It's not surprising that we won; after all, Jeffrey was on the court. But I guess it's nice to give the fans something to cheer about and show the world once again who the real star of the show is.

In another thrilling matchup, you faced #16 Indiana and came through in the clutch with 20 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 assists in a nail-biting 75-73 victory. What was going through your mind in those critical moments?

Well, let me break it down for you. You see, when the game is on the line, that's when the star shines the brightest. I thrive under pressure, and it was just another opportunity for me to show everyone why I'm the best. I wasn't worried for a second because I knew I had it in me to come through. Those 20 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 assists were just me doing what I do best – taking control of the game and delivering a victory for my team. It's what I expect from myself, and it's what everyone else should expect too. It's just another day in the life of a legend like me. Indiana couldn't stop me. I knew it, they knew it, and now the world knows it.

It's evident that teamwork plays a significant role in your success. Could you tell us about the chemistry within the team and your role as a senior leader?

As a senior leader, I do my best to impart some of my wisdom and talent to the younger players, teach them how to have that dawg in them. My role is to set the example, to show them what excellence looks like. As for chemistry? They just need to pass me the ball, and I'll take care of the rest. It's a winning formula.

The season is just beginning, and there's undoubtedly more basketball to be played. What are your goals for the remainder of your senior year?

My goals for the remainder of my senior year are crystal clear: I want to rack up those individual accolades and make it known to everyone that Miami and Jeffrey are undeniably the best. I plan to continue embarrassing opponents on the court. It's not just about winning; it's about asserting our dominance and proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that Miami and I are at the top of the game. So, be prepared for some extraordinary performances and plenty of evidence as to why noone can touch us.

Jeffrey, we appreciate your time today. Your performances have been electrifying, and we look forward to watching you and the University of Miami continue to shine on the court. Any final words for your fans and supporters?

To my fans, your unwavering support fuels my fire on the court, and I promise to continue delivering electrifying performances that make you proud to be part of the Hurricane Squad. Keep cheering us on because we're just getting started, and we're going to make this season one for the history books. Remember, when you're rolling with Miami and Jeffrey, you're rolling with the best. Let's get it on.

This article was written with the help of @cultur3

Week 1 POTW - PG William Smith, SJU

• Like 3
  • Fire 1