Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

2023 | SimCBB | Season Preview: Pac 12 Conference

Hi everyone,

I've been busy developing and haven't been able to continue this series; but with the season starting next week, I'm gonna hype my conference up. Especially since... well, you know.

12. 320px-Washington_State_Cougars_wordmark.svg.png Washington State | Ovr: 182 | Off.: 196 | Def.: 177

Last season's Pac 12 Champions, this season's doormat. Washington State is in a rebuild phase this year. After all, this roster has at most 'B' rating overall players, but no A ratings. Expect this team to focus immensely on their best talent, which looks to be three Junior Centers named Ian Elmore, Raymond Tavares, and Wallace Crawford. Heck, some freshmen such as Harold Fong and Gregory Hammack will likely see minutes considering how bad this roster is.

11. 246px-Colorado_Buffaloes_wordmark.svg.png Colorado | Ovr: 170 | Off.: 167 | Def.: 185

The one bright spot on this year's roster is Sr SF Jonathan Hughes. An 'A' rated talent with a capability to shoot from the Mid-Range and back, and can defend from anywhere on the court. On a young Colorado roster consisting on Sophomores and Freshmen, the Buffalo will likely upset some opponents with Hughes' leadership.

10. 122px-USC_Trojans_logo.svg.png USC | Ovr: 167 | Off.: 172 | Def.: 161

USC has a similar problem to Washington State: They don't have any 'A' grade players. The one bright spot on their team? 5 star sophomore Ryan Foley. There's also some talented SFs and Junior Guards as well, but beyond those five, there's not a lot of depth in the Trojan's rotation. Thankfully with @Dhawk18 leading the basketball squad, I'd expect the Trojans to go aggressive to rebuild the roster before they move to the B1G.

9. 223px-Oregon_State_Beavers_wordmark.svg.png Oregon State | Ovr: 133 | Off.: 108 | Def.: 141

Oregon State joins USC and Wazzu with the fact they have no A grade players. And the frustrating part? Their talent is very top heavy like USC. 4 Star Senior Stephen Mccarthy is perhaps the Beaver's best player, followed up by Senior SF Marc Ruberto and Jr SF Jeffery Mccusker; but besides a sophomore C who will be their best defender, the Beavers are drawing straws on which player should see the court. If it wasn't for their Mid-Range ability, Oregon State would be much lower on this list.

8. 296px-Washington_Huskies_logo.svg.png Washington | Ovr: 132 | Off.: 101 | Def.: 148

After looking at this Roster, I'm left confused: There are only 2 B Overall players... No A's, and only C's and D's. This is the kind of Roster that we would see at the top echelon for a mid-major team. Something's not right with my algorithm, and while the Huskies are good boys and a loveable dog breed, they shouldn't be this high. The positive I can take from this squad: Their players can shoot on offense. Specifically the 3's and the paint. The negative I can take away? Those same players cannot defend a crumpled up paper ball from a trash can.

7. 126px-California_Golden_Bears_logo.svg.png California | Ovr: 119 | Off.: 126 | Def.: 98

California finds themselve in the middle of the Pac for the final season, and perhaps with the best set of Centers that any team going jumbo would want: Senior Centers Mickey Overby and Jeremy Wright. These two bears are a menace anywhere near the basket whether on offense or defense. Their rebounding ability and ability to defend the rim will make conference opponents surprised, especially since they may be entering Berkely underestimating this squad. Their rotation past these two players though leaves some room for improvement; though I'd expect California to lean heavily on these two for their offensive playmaking ability. And maybe freshman PG Raymond Walker.

6. 304px-Arizona_State_Athletics_wordmark.svg.png Arizona State | Ovr: 95 | Off.: 69 | Def.: 124

Arizona State has a fantastic Sr SG David Bland; whom I'd call this Sun Devils Squad their best player. He has a knack for shooting around the perimeter, and can grab an assist so you know he's a team player. Around him though I'd reckon are a group of players whom may follow a similar suit. In fact, their younger players really fit the mold of Bland's skillset. Sophomore SF Thomas Stevens is the group's second best player and a really good alternative option; and their two freshmen SGs Rick Maki and Kamran Inciong can space out the floor. As for who may be shooting on this squad, it's tough to say. For the Sun Devils, anyone can be getting major minutes; and with this far down the list, expect their offense to be unpredictable.

5. 252px-Arizona_Wildcats_logo.svg.png Arizona | Ovr: 83 | Off.: 96 | Def.: 71

Arizona is perhaps the mid-range big brother of Arizona State. Literally. What Arizona State can do, the Wildcats can do better. This team's senior guards Patel, Salem, and Thomas can shoot from anywhere within the mid-range and will make defenses second-guessing on which player will be scoring. Their Centers bring an interior presence taht their senior guards cannot, and their incoming freshmen class brings a level of depth that teams behind them can only dream of. Arizona will make this final year in the Pac 12 competitive, though they have an outside shot with the remaining teams on this list.

4. 250px-Oregon_Ducks_logo.svg.png Oregon | Ovr: 48 | Off.: 32 | Def.: 87

This year's starting rotation for the Ducks is very senior heavy. You have Sr Guards Bobby Powell and Jospeh Adcock as very good options around the perimeter with their 3pt shooting; Sr SF Jared Biller who is good at Mid-range and on defense, and sophomore SF Daniel Witherspoon who adds another good option in the interior and at mid-range. Beyond that, you could argue that Charles Peters would get rotation minutes. However, the Ducks will heavily rely on Centers Donald Buford and Jose Green for defending the rim. Oregon is similar to Arizona in that any of their starters will be capable of shooting; but their big question mark is their remaining rotation and their defensive ability. I wouldn't expect this Ducks team to do well with rebounding at all. Which I think will hamper their chances in the postseason.

3. 157px-Stanford_Cardinal_logo.svg.png Stanford | Ovr: 42 | Off.: 68 | Def.: 28

Perhaps the near-opposite to Oregon, Stanford has a set of very good rebounders, and overall playmakers. Sr Center John Anderson and PF Scott Larimer bring a level of experience that could elevate the Cardinals to the postseason. Their Guard ability is 'Okay', after all Jr SG Darryl Herd and Sophomore PG Gregory Carter are good mid-range options. From what I expect from their starting minutes, Stanford will have a set of players on the court that may get second chances when it comes to boards and on offense. Which is why they're higher on this list.

2. 320px-UCLA_Bruins_primary_logo.svg.png UCLA | Ovr: 20 | Off.: 27 | Def.: 19

UCLA and @Jmjacobs have a very good opportunity to wreak havoc in the postseason. Their starting rotation consists of 'A' Grade Jr C Carl Bolser, a very good option in the interior; along with a rotation of Jr PF Norman Johnson, So PF Daniel Musselwhite, Fr PF Pietro Alekseev, Sr PG Cedric Stamps, and Jr PG Eugene Mengel. This team should be very intense near the basket on both sides of the court, which is a guarantee not only for scoring baskets; but based on the skills of their starting rotation, second chances. Mengel and Musselwhite are fantastic at the free throw line, and their PFs are perhaps second to none at rebounding in this conference. They are, however, not the only power contender this season.

1. 259px-Utah_Utes_primary_logo.svg.png Utah | Ovr: 15 | Off.: 55 | Def.: 4

Utah enters the swan song of the Pac 12 as this year's preseason favorite. A veteran heavy rotation consisting of excellent guards and juniors; specifically all star PG Howard Wen. Their rotation of Centers William Butman, Damon Collins, and Robert Oneil are a defensive presence on the court and will make it difficult for opposing players, even on the perimeter. Better yet, almost every player expected in the starting rotation is an excellent rebounder. Pac 12 opponents will have Utah circled on their calendar, mostly because the Utes will be absolutely competitive this season. New head coach @SageBow has a fantastic opportunity to make it to the post-season as one of the favorites.

• Like 2