Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

2023 | SimNBA | Summer League Delayed to September 25th

TuscanSota

Hey everyone,

I want to make an apology. The past few weeks I've been rushing to finish development for the next season of SimNBA and SimCBB; and while the post-draft phase is complete, I made a decision to move up the start date to the season. Currently, thirteen teams haven't allocated enough minutes or don't have enough players on their rosters to participate in the Summer Games. The fault falls on me. I realize that moving up the start date rushed things, and didn't give everyone enough time to learn the new systems for the basketball sim; especially for those who are more experienced with our football sims.

So I'm doing the following:

1. The Summer League start date will be moved back to September 25th, 2023
  2. I'm going provide an FAQ on how to participate in the Summer League, and for gameplanning for SimNBA
  3. The start date to the SimCBB and SimNBA seasons will return to its original start date, October 2nd, 2023

Summer League FAQ

Which players are eligible for the Summer League?

A player may participate in the Summer League if they have less than 3 years of experience in the SimNBA. To check and see if a player is eligible, please head to the roster page and view the "Age | Exp" column. If the number representing Exp is less than 3, the player is eligible for the summer league.

Eligible:

image.png.adf46ccd4632bd3d53db24be3d26c462.png image.png.cbc23d2d0436ff9916e61d2c61244895.png

Not Eligible:

image.png.c2bd7fb029b0a8f62c4fd1bd2ea9c9aa.pngimage.png.a96d2cb0d04f5f3d5c51b4f0d45f4012.png

How do I gameplan for the Summer League?

Please use the SimNBA gameplan page, located under the SimNBA team dropdown. Please only allocate minutes and shot proportion to players that have 3 years or less experience.

If you don't have enough minutes available for each position, use the Position Two and Position Three toggles to flex minutes to players out of position. Players are able to play a position up and a position down from their original position in this order: PG, SG, SF, PF, C.

I am also posting the Dev Diary related to the gameplan page here for relevance.

What if I don't have enough minutes, and not enough players?

Please head to the Free Agency page and place an offer on a SimNBA player with less than 2 years of experience, at the position you are looking for. I recommend keeping offers below $2 million, so that you can place the player on the GLeague afterwards, and so the player's contract does not go against your team's cap.

Once you've created contract offers on your desired players, please DM me either here or on Discord. I will run the FA sync for you so that you can pick up your players and save your gameplan.

What do I do next?

Wait for the Summer League to start. Games will be ran from my machine, with games streamed on discord, with results posted in a zip file. I will pin the post with the Summer League results so that it's easy to access.

How long does the Summer League run?

The Summer League will run from next Monday (September 25th) to the following Friday (September 29th). Each weekday morning games will be simmed. The regular season will start immediately afterwards on the following Monday, October 2nd.

What if I don't have enough time between next Friday and Sunday (29th and October 1st) to switch my gameplan and place players in the GLeague?

Please let me know through a DM either here or on Discord. At the end of the day, these simulations are here for fun. If everyone's feeling rushed, I don't mind pushing things back. I want everyone to have enough time so they can prepare and adjust their gameplans for the regular season.

Is my current Summer League Gameplan valid?

I will be reaching out to the owners of the 13 teams privately to provide assistance. If you don't hear from me, you're prepared. And also, a good noodle.

~Tuscan

• Like 4