Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Bowling for Zewp: The Stunning Conclusion to the Jayhawks 2023 regular season

Bundy

There's fanfare in Lawrence as the Jayhawks have battled back, defeating cross-state rival Kansas State in a 20-7, more "boring-than-convincing" win this past Saturday. The excitement isn't so much about this weekend's win, but rather, Kansas punching their ticket to, at minimum, a 6 win season and a bowl opportunity. 

Within the locker room, the players are of course excited, but they also remain focused. "This is the standard, the expectation - we love to celebrate each win, but we should be reaching bowls," senior tight end Alex Atkins said. 

Last week, we covered Cody Casspi's chase to be the Kansas rushing king. We revisit this week to see where he stands.

RECORD CURRENT RECORD NEEDED
Season Att 274 - Bene' Humber, 2021 86
Season Yards 1,129 - Bene' Humber, 2021 81
Season TD

9 - Bene' Humber, 2021

RECORD SET - 10

Career Att 407 - Bene' Humber, 2021-22 31
Career Yards 2,082 - Bene' Humber, 2021-22

RECORD SET - 2,118

Career TD 17 - Bene' Humber, 2021-22

RECORD SET - 18

Humber's records were, of course, compiled in 25 career games, as Kansas missed the postseason in 2021. This upcoming game will be Casspi's 25th game.

Speaking of the upcoming game, Kansas closes their regular season schedule having finished 5-4 in Big 12 play, with just one final out of conference game remaining -  Mizzeww. Several Jayhawks veterans weighed in on the upcoming matchup.

"Our athletic department had a game scheduled with Tulane that we were looking forward to and had to drop due to litigation - they need us. They wouldn't have a fanbase that cared about their season at all if not for this game," quipped standout inteceptor Chaz Tuivailala. 

Defensive end Eli Reyes was having a breakout season before being knocked out of the rest of the season due to an injury suffered this past weekend. Reyes and bookending pass rusher Randal Homes had combined for 15.0 sacks to this point, and Reyes was miffed during Sunday's media availability. "(The Missouri) left tackle better be on his knees thanking the heavens, because I was gonna double my (sack) numbers this weekend," Reyes barked hotly. Redshirt freshman Robert Wims, the team's top rotational DL all year, will get his first career start. Wims has posted 9 tackles on the year, and will need to fill Reyes' big shoes, Reyes having compiled 41 tackles, 7 TFL, and 6.0 sacks, with a FF and INT. 

Senior tight end Alex Atkins had an amazing 2021 season, posting an outstanding 1,187 yard season as a true sophomore, but the ending of that season - a heartbreaking loss to Mizzou, cemented by an Atkins drop on a key impact play - still lingers. "It hasn't been about 'individuality' or anything - I want to get to the League, yeah, and I'd love to be on the cover of the grocery store magazines as a standout player. But I want to win with our guys - I hate those guys. They made a couple good plays, they won, they finished our season that year. We kicked their asses last year, but they still wanna talk about 2021. It's gonna be belt to ass again this year. I'm looking forward to go bowling, but I want nothing more than to drop another big L on them, give 'em a 10 loss season, and make them an afterthought when it comes to offseason coach searching. Wipe 'em off the map, send 'em to the FCS." 

Quarterback Tyler Summers is looking forward to the game with eager anticipation. He played a safe contest against Kansas State, completing 9 of his 10 passes - though 2 of them were to Kansas State defenders. This will be Summers' 14th start, and it could also be his last in a KU uniform, as he eyes the potential of the transfer portal. Its been an underwhelming Kansas career for the redshirt sophomore, who has posted an 8-5 record, with 6 touchdown passes, 3 rushing touchdowns, and 18 interceptions thrown. 

• Like 3