Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 11 POTW

Week 11 OPOTW

WR Georges Garcia, UGA, 12 receptions for 316 yards, 4 TD in a 34-16 W vs #22 South Carolina

Georgia Football: New Projected Wide Receiver Depth Chart - Sports  Illustrated Georgia Bulldogs News, Analysis and More

Congratulations on an incredible game Georges. How does it feel to win National Offensive Player of the Week?

It feels incredible. Lately it felt like my season wasn't going the way I wanted it to but coach told me to keep my head up and good things will come, and here we are.

You had an incredible statline. 12 catches, 316 yards, and 4 touchdowns in a huge win against South Carolina. What led to this offensive explosion?

I think coach has embedded a great culture in our team where we play selfishly. Just the other week my dawg Corey Davis went off, Canaan has gone off multiple games, and this week it ended up being my turn. We all work hard and try to be selfless on offense which helps keep defenses on their toes. Anyone is liable to have a week like this.

It was a high pressure game against a ranked opponent. Do you feel like the bright lights bring the best out of you and this Georgia team that sees themselves as one of the best in the nation?

I think anyone playing college ball wants to play under the light in prime time. We look forward to those opportunities and it's been great to be a part of this team after being a freshmen and seeing my guys struggle through that 1-11 season. We aren't one of the best in the nation yet until we beat a team at the top. That loss to Auburn was stiff and we'll have another chance to prove ourselves against Tennessee but for now, we're focused on those boys from Oxford.

You're an explosive receiver who's well known for your speed. How does playing with a big armed quarterback like Will Outman and dangerous receivers like Corey Smith and Deonte Canaan help you excel?

I think the secondary doesn't know who to look for and Will just puts it on a dime every time. There's not a lot of QBs out there with his vision and we all trust Will to put us in position to put up numbers. Corey and DC really stress DBs and they don't know who to guard.

Looking forward, you have a few more games before the end of your junior season. What are you hoping for as the year winds down?

I'm hoping we as a team just continue to perform and to put ourselves in position to contend in the CFP. We want to prove to everyone that was can compete with the Alabamas, Auburns, Tennessees and everyone out of conference too.

Thanks for spending some time with me today Georges. Before I leave, any last words?

Go Dawgs

Week 11 DPOTW

CB Jake Gonzalez, ULM, 5 Tackles, 4 INT, 3 TD in a 51-38 W vs Arkansas State

Louisiana-Monroe transfer Josh Newton commits to TCU - Frogs O' War

Jake, congratulations on your outstanding performance and winning the National Defensive Player of the Week award! How does it feel to receive such recognition for your hard work?

Thank you, it's truly an honor. I'm grateful for the recognition, but I know that this achievement is a reflection of our entire team's effort. Football is a team sport, and none of this would have been possible without the support of my coaches and teammates.

Your stat line from the game is truly remarkable—5 tackles, 4 interceptions, and 3 touchdowns. Can you walk us through the pivotal moments of the game that led to these incredible numbers?

Absolutely. It was a challenging game, and our defense knew we needed to step up to secure the win. The interceptions came from reading the quarterback's movements and understanding their tendencies. On three of those occasions, I was able to position myself perfectly to make a play on the ball. The touchdowns were the result of teamwork—my teammates providing excellent blocks and creating opportunities for me to showcase my speed and agility.

The game against Arkansas State was undoubtedly intense. How did you manage to stay focused and execute under pressure?

Mental preparation is crucial in high-pressure situations. We had a game plan, and I trusted my training and instincts. I try to remain in the moment, block out distractions, and focus on each play as it unfolds. It's all about maintaining a clear mind and staying confident in your abilities.

Winning a game with such a significant margin requires a collective effort. How do you believe this victory will impact the team moving forward?

This win serves as a testament to our team's resilience and potential. It reinforces the idea that when we work together, we can achieve great things. It's a morale booster that will undoubtedly motivate us in the upcoming games and build a stronger sense of camaraderie among the players.

Looking ahead, what are your personal and team goals for the rest of the season?

Personally, I want to continue contributing to the team's success by giving my best on and off the field. As a team, we're focused on improving our overall performance, aiming for a strong finish to the season, and hopefully, securing a spot in the postseason. We're taking it one game at a time and striving to leave everything on the field.

This article written with the help of @Sarge and ChatGPT

Week 0 POTWs - RB Elijah Wendelken, ARK / SS Jalyn Jones, NW

Week 1 POTWs - QB Julian Longacre, USC / DT Jatavis Gabriel, CINC

Week 2 POTWs - QB Brandon Savage, TENN / DT Mike LeVert, MSST

Week 3 POTWs - RB Mitchell Reynolds, KSST / DE Marco Spruill, GRAM

Week 4 POTWs - QB Hiram Maronde, UCLA / DT Colton Rankin, FSU

Week 5 POTWs - QB Andrew Moncrief, AUB / OLB Jomal Diggs, ND

Week 6 POTWs - QB Travis Knebel, BAYL / DT Dante Williams, WISC

Week 7 POTWs - RB Richard Bianchi, HAWI / CB Ryan Cervelli, WAKE

Week 8 POTWs - RB Moises Walker, UHOU / DE Maurice Dawkins, BYU

Week 9 POTWs - RB Yogi Oladipo, COLO / OLB Jose Knott, CSU

Week 10 POTWs - RB Clayton McGee, FSU / DT Delmon Rainey, SJSU