Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 10 POTW

Week 10 OPOTW

RB Clayton McGee, FSU, 35 carries for 226 yards, 1 TD, 6 receptions for 73 yards, 1 TD in a 30-17 W vs #18 Wake Forest

2022 FSU position preview: Running back - Tomahawk Nation

Congratulations on your outstanding performance, Clayton! How does it feel to receive the Week 10 National Offensive Player of the Week award?

Thank you, it's truly an honor. I've always aimed to give my best on the field and contribute to the team's success. Receiving this award is a testament to the hard work put in by not just me, but my teammates and coaches as well.

Your stat line from that game was nothing short of impressive—35 carries for 226 yards and 1 touchdown, along with 6 receptions for 73 yards and another touchdown. How did you manage to stay so consistent and effective throughout the game?

Preparation played a significant role. Our coaching staff did an excellent job studying the opposing defense, and my offensive line executed their blocks flawlessly. I focused on reading the defense, finding openings, and making the most of every opportunity. Football is a team effort, and my success that day was a result of everyone working together.

Your performance helped secure a crucial victory against a ranked opponent. What was going through your mind during the game, especially in those high-pressure moments?

Honestly, I tried to stay focused on the task at hand. I knew that every play counted, and I had to stay locked in. I trust my training and instincts, so I leaned on that. Of course, the adrenaline was pumping, but I've learned to channel that energy into making the right decisions on the field.

You not only shone in the rushing game but also made a significant impact in the passing game with your receptions. How do you manage to excel in both aspects of the game?

Being a well-rounded player is important to me. I've worked on my catching ability just as much as my running skills. It adds another dimension to my game and allows me to contribute in various situations. Our coaches emphasize versatility, and I'm grateful for that because it makes me a more valuable asset to the team.

Looking ahead, Florida State has some tough matchups coming up. How do you plan to maintain this level of performance and keep the momentum going?

Staying focused and continuing to work hard in practice is key. I'll keep studying opponents, refining my techniques, and pushing myself to improve. It's important to never be complacent and to approach each game with the same hunger and determination.

One last question—what message do you have for your fans and aspiring young players who look up to you?

To the fans, thank you for your support. We feel your energy on the field, and it motivates us to give our all. To the aspiring players, never stop believing in yourself. Hard work pays off, and every setback is an opportunity to come back stronger. Stay dedicated, be coachable, and always play with heart.

Week 10 DPOTW

DT Delmon Rainey, SJSU, 10.5 Tackles, 3 TFL, 1 Sack in a 33-31 W vs Utah State

San Jose State's Viliami Fehoko named MWC's Defensive Player of Year

Here with DT Deleon Rainey, huge defensive game against rivals Utah State. You were a wall defensively, what happened all week to lead to this standout performance?

Well, we had a close loss the previous week to New Mexico. I think that really lit a fire under everyone. I sat down with my coaches, my teammates, and we spent all night going over what went wrong. From there I just focused on practice, not letting myself get distracted. I guess that extra focus really paid off.

Your performance showed toughness and grit, stuffing the Aggies and star running back Craig De Los Santos over and over again. Was there any moments in the game that stuck out to you that you'd like to share with the audience?

Too many moments to list, so many little things that changed the game back and forth. Credit where credit is due too, those Aggies put up a damn good fight. 

I think if I had to name one moment. Late in the forth, they had recently taken the lead. We're all tired out there, frustrated. But we went out, knowing we had to get a stop. It's times like that where you just focus on the little things. I stopped the run behind the line of scrimmage, and I like to think, being so close to their end zone. They don't want to risk leaving our guys with good field position. So they pass next and bam, Sam follows the ball and intercepts it. Leaving us in their end zone where we got a field goal. It's the tiny moments that lead to those big moments that I remember most.

San Jose State is one of the top teams in the nation with a great record. How is the current team morale and what are the goals for the remainder of the season?

It's bitter sweet. We don't quite have the record to be thinking of playoffs. But another MWC title is still on the table. Not to mention we're going bowling. Naturally we'd all like to win both, but right now, I know all I can do is just focus on winning these last two games. Coach always says, you play one game at a time. Don't worry about the future game till you win this one.

As a senior, you’re wrapping up the last few games of your college career. What impact do you want to have as this chapter of your life winds down and you head to the next one, both personally and for the program?

I just want to be able to say that I did everything I could to help the team. I don't want to leave anything on the table. No regrets, nothing. I wanna see another trophy added to the cabinet, and a degree in my hands. If I can do that. Then I'll be satisfied.

Thank you for your time Deleon. Before I leave so you have any shoutouts to make?

I wanna shout out all the new guys who have committed to the San Jose State Spartans for the next school year. You guys are the future of this program and I can't wait to see what you can do on the field.

This article written with the help of @Dr_Novella and ChatGPT

Week 0 POTWs - RB Elijah Wendelken, ARK / SS Jalyn Jones, NW

Week 1 POTWs - QB Julian Longacre, USC / DT Jatavis Gabriel, CINC

Week 2 POTWs - QB Brandon Savage, TENN / DT Mike LeVert, MSST

Week 3 POTWs - RB Mitchell Reynolds, KSST / DE Marco Spruill, GRAM

Week 4 POTWs - QB Hiram Maronde, UCLA / DT Colton Rankin, FSU

Week 5 POTWs - QB Andrew Moncrief, AUB / OLB Jomal Diggs, ND

Week 6 POTWs - QB Travis Knebel, BAYL / DT Dante Williams, WISC

Week 7 POTWs - RB Richard Bianchi, HAWI / CB Ryan Cervelli, WAKE

Week 8 POTWs - RB Moises Walker, UHOU / DE Maurice Dawkins, BYU

Week 9 POTWs - RB Yogi Oladipo, COLO / OLB Jose Knott, CSU

• Like 1