Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Week 9 POTW

Week 9 OPOTW

RB Yogi Oladipo, COLO, 26 carries for 126 yards, 2 TD, 1 FUM, 7 receptions for 79 yards, 2 TD in a 35-23 W vs #6 USC

2021 Colorado Football Preview: Running Backs - The Ralphie Report

We're here ready to have an exclusive chat with the outstanding Running Back, Yogi Oladipo. After a stunning performance in Week 9, he has rightfully claimed the National Offensive Player of the Week award. Congratulations, Yogi, on your well-deserved achievement! Let's dive into the game that earned you this prestigious accolade. In the intense clash against #6 USC, you put up some impressive numbers—26 carries for 126 yards and two touchdowns, along with seven receptions for 79 yards and two more touchdowns. How did you manage to have such a prolific impact on the game?

The game plan was solid: we knew we’d be able to run on them, and planned for a lot of work for me and Joel [Worley, backup RB]. What we didn’t count on was how much the SC defense was gonna focus on stopping our primary pass catchers. So, I snuck out for two deep wheel routes.

The competition was fierce, and USC is known for its strong defense. How did you and your team prepare for such a formidable opponent?

We knew we needed to put points on the board, since they have a terrific offense too. Our D showed up huge, and my boy J-Cabs [sophomore CB Jeremy Cabral] showed out with two picks off their stud QB. Once we hit the 4th quarter, we rode the home crowd to two more scores and that got us all flying.

One noteworthy aspect of your performance was the fumble. How did you manage to stay focused and bounce back after that setback?

Man, I haven’t fumbled hardly at all, in two seasons. I don’t know what happened there, pretty disappointing. But that’s the benefit of having a senior quarterback tell you to shake it off and go out and be special. Chris [Escalona, senior QB] is baller man. No one expected him to do anything this year, and he’s steady as they come.

Now, this victory against USC was undoubtedly significant for your team. How does it feel to contribute so significantly to a crucial win that might impact your team's rankings and postseason prospects?

A good win is fun for the whole program, but means nothing unless we can stack another one this weekend. We go from hot plate to hot plate traveling to LA. We know this will be an even tougher test.

As a senior, you have been an essential part of the Colorado football program for several years. What advice would you give to younger players aspiring to achieve the level of success you have achieved?

I had to play behind Pat Smith last year, who was a beast. He’s in the pros now, but I got to see how he prepared every week, and I try to take the same approach. My effort and prep have to be more than the other team’s best player, that’s how I look at it.

Wise words, Yogi! Thank you for taking the time to share your insights with us today. Once again, congratulations on your Week 9 National Offensive Player of the Week award, and best of luck to you and the Colorado Buffaloes in the rest of the season! 

Go Buffs!

Week 9 DPOTW

OLB Jose Knott, CSU, 3 Tackles, 2 TFL, 2 Sacks, 1 FF, 1 INT, 1 TD in a 45-27 W vs Utah State

Walk-on linebacker Drew Kulick worked his way into a starting role for Colorado  State, continues to impress coaches and teammates

Congratulations, Jose, on your outstanding performance and the National Defensive Player of the Week award. How does it feel to be recognized on a national level for your efforts on the field?

Thank you! It's an incredible feeling to be recognized for my performance. Winning the National Defensive Player of the Week award is a testament to the hard work and dedication I've put into honing my skills over the years. It's not just about me, though; my teammates and coaches have been instrumental in helping me reach this level of success.

Your contributions were certainly crucial in the victory over Utah State. How did you prepare for such an exceptional performance, and did you anticipate this level of success?

We knew Utah State was a tough opponent, and I wanted to make sure I was fully prepared for the game. Throughout the week leading up to the matchup, I watched hours of film, studying their offensive tendencies and the weaknesses we could exploit. My coaches and I worked on specific techniques to improve my pass-rushing abilities and reading the quarterback's movements. I always aim to perform at my best, but I must admit that the outcome surpassed even my expectations.

Your performance showcased versatility, with big plays in multiple defensive categories. Which play from that game stood out to you the most, and can you walk us through it?

The interception for a touchdown was undoubtedly the most memorable moment for me. It was a pivotal point in the game, and I could sense the momentum shifting in our favor as I returned the ball to the end zone. As a defender, getting an interception is always a great feeling, but scoring a touchdown on top of it was truly special.

Your accomplishments on the field have caught the attention of fans and NFL scouts alike. With your college career coming to a close, what are your aspirations for the future?

Playing in the NFL has been a lifelong dream of mine, and I'm eager to pursue that opportunity. However, I'm also realistic and understand that nothing is guaranteed. Right now, my primary focus is on finishing the season strong with Colorado State and being the best teammate I can be. After that, I'll prepare for the NFL Draft and give it my all during the evaluation process. Regardless of what happens, I know that the skills and experiences I've gained at Colorado State will serve me well in whatever path I choose.

Lastly, what message would you like to share with your teammates and fans after this incredible achievement?

To my teammates, I want to say thank you for always pushing me to be better and for believing in me. Our success as a team is a collective effort, and I'm grateful to be surrounded by such talented and dedicated individuals. To the fans, thank you for your unwavering support. We feel your energy on the field, and it motivates us to give our all every game. Let's keep cheering together as we finish the season strong!

This article written with the help of @Bingo415 and ChatGPT

Week 0 POTWs - RB Elijah Wendelken, ARK / SS Jalyn Jones, NW

Week 1 POTWs - QB Julian Longacre, USC / DT Jatavis Gabriel, CINC

Week 2 POTWs - QB Brandon Savage, TENN / DT Mike LeVert, MSST

Week 3 POTWs - RB Mitchell Reynolds, KSST / DE Marco Spruill, GRAM

Week 4 POTWs - QB Hiram Maronde, UCLA / DT Colton Rankin, FSU

Week 5 POTWs - QB Andrew Moncrief, AUB / OLB Jomal Diggs, ND

Week 6 POTWs - QB Travis Knebel, BAYL / DT Dante Williams, WISC

Week 7 POTWs - RB Richard Bianchi, HAWI / CB Ryan Cervelli, WAKE

Week 8 POTWs - RB Moises Walker, UHOU / DE Maurice Dawkins, BYU

• Like 1