Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

Tulane performance spotlight

With my new record book making it easy to go back and see every stat from every game in Tulane history I thought it would be fun to every once highlight a performance from a past game and for the first one I thought it was only right to do the best non-QB performance in Tulane history which also could be the best performance in Tulane history based on how you value success at other positions compared to QB. For this performance we are going back to the 1st SimFBA season week 2 against Utah where Tulane legend RB Russell Coleman put himself in the record books by scoring what is now tied for the 2nd most points scored by a player in a single game with 30 only behind his QB from that same game Rashod Bucannon who had 36. In a 21-49 win Coleman ran the ball 18 times and picked up 162 yards and a TD on the ground. Coleman also exploded in the passing game with 12 catches he put up 190 yards and 4 TDs. 

This performance was insane averaging 9 yards per carry and an insane 15.83 yards per catch. This performance is all over the Tulane record books I already mentioned its tied for the 2nd most points scored by a player in a single game but his 12 catches is tied for 7th most in a single game his 162 receiving yards is the 13th most receiving yards in a game and the most by a non-WR and his 4 receiving TDs is the most in a single game and is the only performance in the top 10 in that category not held by legendary WR Fernando Thomas. Now if we look at his rushing stats we see that his 18 carries don't crack the top 10 carries in a single game but his 162 yards is the 2nd most rushing yards in Tulane history only behind himself later in the season but thats a game for another day.

Russell Coleman only played for Tulane for 1 season but is one of the best players to suit up for the green wave in his 1 season he scored 102 points which is the 5th most in a single season and 6th most in a career his 257 carries and 984 rushing yards are still at the top of Tulane's season and career records for carries and rushing yards respectively while his 7 rushing TDs are the most in a season and 2nd most in a career in Tulane history Coleman is also 4th and 3rd for most catches in a career and season respectively with 90, 6th and 8th in most receiving yards in a career and season with 607, and 4th and 3rd in most receiving TDs in a career and season respectively with 10. I could keep going but I think you get the point Coleman was a great RB for Tulane in his 1 season and has been waiting in FA in the NFL for a shot for 2 seasons now if he is not picked up this season he is expected to come back and join the Tulane coaching staff while waiting for an NFL team to call him. 

If you want to look at any other stats or records from Tulane history you can find them here