Championship on the Line

#1 Baylor and #3 Tennesseee face off this Saturday for the National Championship Game

We're Talkin' Playoffs?

The Titans and the Browns face each other in the Wildcard Round this week

Join Here

Need a team?

Firstly... welcome to the SimFBA! If you are new to the site, and need a team, make sure you head over to the new users section and view the available teams list. You will also be able to fill out your job application there! See you on the field, Coach!

Read more

Basketball Season is Upon Us

Join Here

[2023] Billy Goat Blog - Mid Season Midshipmen Report

Tai Lavatai - Football - Naval Academy Athletics

ANNAPOLIS, MD

July 2023

Mid Season Midshipmen Report

Since readers have last seen us, Navy had just finished giving Air Force a walloping in their annual rivalry. Fast forward to this point into the season, the Midshipmen have netted a single win and picked up two losses. However, the fan base is going stronger than ever and are not wavering. The biggest story thus far has been the development of the kid, Kyung Hui. In the past three games, he has thrown for 10 TDs, and 3 INTs. The numbers don't immediately pop out but this would mean that his TD:INT ratio is 3:1; despite the unfortunate losses, this is promising from the young star. Jumping into the Memphis game, heavyweight blows were being traded between the two sides. Pat Johnson was a phenomenal foe and spearheads an undefeated squad. He is large in part of the reason, Memphis has not lost with his 21 TDs to lead the conference. Last play of the game, Memphis is running tempo and Johnson positions himself in the shotgun. He targets the athletic but inexperience corner Josh Beebe who bites on a double move. The ball soars over his head for a long gain as the clock expires. The Tigers defeat the Midshipmen 38-35...

The locker room was a very emotional atmosphere but all HC SyndaKyt could do was commend his players. "They played their asses off to the very end and went into a hostile environment ready to kill. I shoulder the blame for not preparing my guys enough. I let my coaches, my players, and all who supports our team down." It was very telling as despite throwing for 4 TDs, Kyung Hui was devastated at the loss. He cares about winning and that was an opportunity to gain a foothold in the conference race to the top. The weight of the heartbreak in Music City weighed on them as they faced the lone Pony Express in Tanner Murray. It was just a flat out ugly game for Navy, who struggled in Dallas, and they even suffered an impactful injury to offensive lineman Tristan Carle for 3 games. This was the first real game where fans expressed displeasure and could not find any redeemable qualities to take from the game. The best course of action was to channel energy back in Annapolis.

The game versus ECU started off slow but Hui was tired of what was going on. Even when West sat out the rest of the game with a strained shoulder, he controlled the ball and showed that he is a baller. Jamie Freese and Tony Parsons definitely treated him to lunch as the WR and TE tandem combined for 9 catches, 222 yards, and 5 TDs. The hype train is in full effect as Navy fans are almost expecting Kyung Hui to make the All Freshman team barring injury at the end of the season. SyndaKyt asked the QB how he was feeling and he simply stated, "I am very happy but I played well but the only thing I care about is that W, coach." At the mid season mark, Navy is exactly .500, 3-3. 

Penn State adds a commitment

Checking in with the objectives, the most attainable thus far seem to be a Top 10 recruiting class, obtaining bowl eligibility, and having a player selected to an All-American team. Navy has signed 8 blue chip 4-star players, hoping to land some more high profile recruits across the country. HC SyndaKyt has been active in his pursuits, recruiting 7 of 8 in unique states: NY, MD, VA, NJ, MO, FL, TX. "It is a simple idea that translates across all of college sports and is a tale as old as time. Talent wins you games and we want to add that to our squad," SyndaKyt declares. As more talented recruits pick their schools, look for more depth to fill out in the class. As far as bowl eligibility, Navy has to replicate its productivity up to this point: .500. The good news is that the schedule was very front loaded as they lost a last second game to undefeated Memphis and a contending Notre Dame, both which are very good teams. Even if the schedule seems easier in some aspects, the games still have to be won, one week at a time. The team feels very confident about reaching this mark and will do whatever it takes. The offensive linemen group has been without a doubt the best unit and is the reason West and Lampkin can feast on defenses. Jason Seamster is leading the conference in pancakes and bulldozes open running lanes. The award predictions thanks to @SageBow currently have him as a second team All American offensive guard. Hopefully the senior can be drafted as well to check off another program goal. This has been an exciting journey and wish for you to keep following, Thanks for reading!

• Like 3